Season 5 Titles Revealed

Westeros

Uhh, the rest of the child actors are growing up so it would be dumb if Tommen was still a young child.

They totally changed his age on the show. He started out a child, to be Bran and Arya's age on the show with the first season.

Then when they recast him he's an older teenage, he's now supposed to be older than Sansa on the show.

They totally changed his age on the show. He started out a child, to be Bran and Arya's age on the show with the first season.

Then when they recast him he's an older teenage, he's now supposed to be older than Sansa on the show.

Based on what? Where has this ever been stated?

Well he will still look younger then Bran...anyway the reason why they changed actor was clearly because Tommen have a quite prominent role and they needed a real actor. Its ridiculous to think they aged him up only for sexy scenes with Margaery. If Cersie´s kids recasts were motivated by desire to add more adult content, Myrcella would be recast with older actress intead of younger one. It would be super easy to add some sexy scenes with Trystane in Dorne.

Well he will still look younger then Bran...anyway the reason why they changed actor was clearly because Tommen have a quite prominent role and they needed a real actor. Its ridiculous to think they aged him up only for sexy scenes with Margaery. If Cersie´s kids recasts were motivated by desire to add more adult content, Myrcella would be recast with older actress intead of younger one. It would be super easy to add some sexy scenes with Trystane in Dorne.

It's not hard to find a child actor who can actually act. If the previous kid that played Tommen can only play the role of a silent extra, then perhaps the show producers should have given a bit more thought to the original casting. They've known pretty much since the beginning how GRRM plans to end the books, so they knew exactly how "prominent" Tommen would become as a character.

And let's not forget that we're talking about producers who found a way to involve the Unsullied in sex scenes. Don't be too quick to defend their motives.

God what a drama queen you are.

And that Unsullied "sex scene" was in the books.

I don't remember anything about the Unsullied going to brothels. Seems more like fanfiction written by someone with extremely poor taste (like most of the changes made by the show producers). Then again, it has been a while since I last read the books...

I sure as hell don't remember any garbage love story between Grey Worm and Missandei (who is only 10 in the books).

I don't remember anything about the Unsullied going to brothels. Seems more like fanfiction written by someone with extremely poor taste (like most of the changes made by the show producers). Then again, it has been a while since I last read the books...

I sure as hell don't remember any garbage love story between Grey Worm and Missandei (who is only 10 in the books).

Unsullied most definitely went to brothels. That whole 5x01 story of an Unsullied going there only to lie beside a woman is lifted straight from the books where the guy's name is Stalwart Shield.

It doesn't hurt to actually know what one would like to talk about and rage about before engaging in said talking and raging.

Unsullied most definitely went to brothels. That whole 5x01 story of an Unsullied going there only to lie beside a woman is lifted straight from the books where the guy's name is Stalwart Shield.

In any case, they could have shown the scene more tastefully without squeezing in some nudity.

It doesn't hurt to actually know what one would like to talk about and rage about before engaging in said talking and raging.

I didn't come here specifically to rage about the Unsullied scene. I came here to rage about Tommen seemingly being recast just so they can show him in bed with Margaery.

I notice you didn't even make an attempt to defend the show producers for the Grey Worm and Missandei love story by the way.

I don't think you comprehend what the "Based on..." institute means.

I don't think you comprehend what the "Based on..." institute means.

I don't have a problem with there being a certain degree of differences to the books. The problem I have is that a lot the changes are complete garbage written by inept monkeys with no taste.

I didn't come here specifically to rage about the Unsullied scene. I came here to rage about Tommen seemingly being recast just so they can show him in bed with Margaery.

Exactly my point. Any excuse to rage is good enough. After all, righteous fury must be channeled, internet points must be scored.

The problem I have is that a lot the changes are complete garbage written by inept monkeys with no taste.

Such eloquence! Such piercing and astute criticism!

I don't believe Tommen's show-age has ever really been stated. I get the sense he's meant to be about 12 or 13 on the show: his season 2 self must then have been about 10 or 11, which isn't too much of a stretch. He's certainly not older than Sansa. Plenty of 13 year old boys are taller than Natalie Dormer, anyway.

In any case, they could have shown the scene more tastefully without squeezing in some nudity.

I notice you didn't even make an attempt to defend the show producers for the Grey Worm and Missandei love story by the way.

1. Considering that they aren't making all the women walk around with one breast exposed (as in the books), I don't understand the focus on the nudity. It could have been much worse by being more prevalent (as in the books).

2. I do understand the confusion about aging up Tommen. Was it just to add more sex scenes (eww), or was it done to eliminate the ongoing mystery of Margaery's status as a virgin? We won't know the answer until later episodes. Tommen wouldn't know the difference were he to be a 'witness' in a trial, as he was a virgin himself, so will 'someone' tell him? Will he stand up for his wife, no matter what he learns?

3. I am a fan of the Grey Worm/Missandei story. It's fluffy, and sad, but watching two people who've been abused/enslaved for most or all of their lives finally feeling free enough (in spirit as well as body) to connect with someone of their choice is a relief for some of us. Amongst the darkness, the hate, the butchery, there is finally a flicker of something decent and heartwarming. A rare thing in either the books, or on the show.

If you want to call something fanfiction...remember that that's for written works. Filmed versions are called FanVids. Just FYI.

I don't believe Tommen's show-age has ever really been stated. I get the sense he's meant to be about 12 or 13 on the show: his season 2 self must then have been about 10 or 11, which isn't too much of a stretch. He's certainly not older than Sansa. Plenty of 13 year old boys are taller than Natalie Dormer, anyway.

In the scene between Renly and Loras in season 1, Loras dismissed Tommen as a candidate to the throne by stating that he was eight.

It's almost impossible to piece the timeline together with this show, but season 1 roughly spanned about a year (Robert's journey to Winterfell + Dany's pregnancy), and seasons 2-4 presumably spanned at least a year altogether (I'm using Sansa's age as my main evidence - she was 13 in the pilot and 14 on her wedding night).

So Tommen should be about 10 now, or 11 at the most.

You think the guy playing Tommen is supposed to be 12?

Whoever made the decision to randomly age Tommen just so they could show him and Margaery in bed together should lose their job and never work in TV again.

D&D are the showrunners of the most popular show in HBO history, making it one of the biggest shows in television history. They are going to have networks and studios lining up to hire them once the series is over. But I guess a random internet poster knows better than them. Aging him up has next to no effect on the storyline and avoided the awkwardness of having a very young child married to a woman who looks at a minimum to be 25, if not more.

It's not hard to find a child actor who can actually act. If the previous kid that played Tommen can only play the role of a silent extra, then perhaps the show producers should have given a bit more thought to the original casting. They've known pretty much since the beginning how GRRM plans to end the books, so they knew exactly how "prominent" Tommen would become as a character.

At the time they cast the original actor for him the point in the story where Tommen would have any relevance was at a minimum 3 and a half to 4 years away. No need whatsoever to put so much effort into casting him with a stronger child actor when his role would be next to nothing for several seasons. Yeah, in the ideal world they would have kept the same actor, but its not that big a deal versus some other recastings like the Mountain.

And let's not forget that we're talking about producers who found a way to involve the Unsullied in sex scenes. Don't be too quick to defend their motives.

Normally I respect a poster having a different opinion. But there is definitely a difference between different opinion and straight-up whining.

So please, shadduuuuuuup.

On another note, do we know what the 3 final episodes are called?

Archived