Newest trailer...GAH

I didn't mind the skeletons too much (though thought they moved abit fast for wights, but we havnt seen many wights in the show so yeah not much to compare to), but the stabbing of jojen looked pretty skilly to me, the fire balls were terrible, the look of the child wasnt great and her voice/acting was just terrible imo. Didn't buy into that performance for a second. I get child actors can be difficult to get great performances out, but for a show with so many awesome child actor performances that (quick) performance was pretty bad.

I didn't like that scene the first time I watched it.

I liked it better the next time.

Now, I don't love it by any means...the scene itself is fine, it's just the timing of it that is terrible. It's a very high-fantasy scene right after a very realistic, heavily emotional scene and it just feels...off.

But I think the skeletons looked very good.

Talk about Bran in the finale always cracks me up.

Skeletons - too fantastical

3EC - not sufficiently fantastical

I have no problem with the fantastical...but it was a bit jarring to suddenly see high fantasy after a grim, gritty realistic scene.

But I agree- some people complain about things like "skeletons can't be wights because they don't have tendons and muscles", which makes me laugh- like dead people just need biology to move in the first place.

I have no problem with the fantastical...but it was a bit jarring to suddenly see high fantasy after a grim, gritty realistic scene.

But I agree- some people complain about things like "skeletons can't be wights because they don't have tendons and muscles", which makes me laugh- like dead people just need biology to move in the first place.

Was burning Ygritte really all that gritty and grim? The only other scene in the episode that really had much in the way of fantasy was the chaining of the dragons, but I think they wanted to transition from one Targ to another there.

Was burning Ygritte really all that gritty and grim? The only other scene in the episode that really had much in the way of fantasy was the chaining of the dragons, but I think they wanted to transition from one Targ to another there.

It wasn't just burning Ygritte, it was the entire NW dead, as well. It was a grim scene, very heavy and emotional. Which is why the next scene was so jarring.

I think based on the trailers (as well as other sources), it seems extremely logical to me that Sansa will be at Winterfell and will likely be filling some sort of Manderly/Dustin role:

• Snippets from the trailer show the Vale riding into Winterfell, as well as Sansa in the crypts
  • Littlefinger's whole emphasis on "justice" during the first trailer
  • No Wyman Manderly or Lady Dustin casted
  • Actor who plays Theon (Alfie Allen?) saying that characters who have not seen each other in a long time will cross paths
  • The fact that Sansa's storyline is pretty much caught up to the books

What I expect: Sansa and others from the Vale will go to Winterfell for the wedding of Ramsay Snow to "Arya". Given the fact that nobody really knows who she is (especially with her dyed hair and new look), no one should really expect it to be Sansa Stark. I DO, however, think that Theon/Reek will be the only person around who knows who she is. I think that he will proceed to help her/not rat her out and I think that Sansa may play an important role in solving his identify crisis/perhaps reverting back to Theon. I'm sure she will be seeking some of revenge, and stirring things up behind the scenes so to speak (we can only hope for some Frey pies). I'm not sure to what extent things will get riled up, but I'm hoping for some chaos.

Kudos to D&D if they go this route - I think it makes great use of a character (Sansa) who is really just boring from here on out in the source material, while filling the void of some arcs of characters presumably not casted for the season.

has anyone read the game of thrones season 5 wiki page?? its has a supporting characters section which shows where the characters will be based in....dorne,the north,kings landing etc. it says the young cersei will be shown in a flash back sequence at kings landing and rite under it it jus says maggy the frog and the girl whos portraying the character with no mention of her bein in a flashback. could she be in the present time too or is it jus a mistake on wiki? thought it was interesting and wantd to share :)

I jus saw a screenshot of the new trailer and im 95% sure sansa is in the crypts at winterfell. I have no idea why she would be there. ill refure to believe shes marrying ramsay,wont do it til I watch the show and know for sure. maybe I jus dnt wanna except that ramsay gets his hands on sweet sansa and has his way with her refferin to the "traumatic event" sophie turner AKA sansa said will happen to her character this. I really thought season 4 and 2 were the best season but this looks like its gonna surpass both those seasons to be truly great. GOT is the best book series and TV show ever. fuk breaking bad,fuk the wire,fuk the walking dead and fuk the sopranos....GAME OF THRONES rules over all those false kings.

Personally don't think there is going to be a ramsay wedding

I really hope daenerys duznt win the throne?? her death would be the biggest shock of all and the best. cuz its been clear from S1 that shes gonna take the throne and win in the end but thatd be so predictable and boring. I really hope she dies. cuz than you really have no idea whos gonna take the throne.

It is definitely Myranda.

Thing is she looks uncomfortable...

Makes me wonder if they are giving a nod to the wedding night in the sense that Ramsay is using Reek in the same way....

As for CoTF, not overly dissapointed with the look because the literal translation will be too strange for TV viewers, but the show and the books has generally got a good mix with keeping the Fantasy to the edges. It may become a bit more pronounced towards the end but with this they got the mix wrong. Should have just given her some kind of Bow with exploding tips than Fireballs which was too much of a jump

Instead of Skeletons, could have had normal Wights and spent the money on Bloodraven looking as described in the books

Sansa in the crypts a definite nod to Barbrey Dustin. Makes me wonder if they are doing the Robb Wolfs Head statue idea and that's what should would be looking at. Boltons can't desecrate the crypts by smashing everything if they need the authority of the Starks on their side which was the point of fArya in the first place. Ramsay did go to the crypts in the books, which is when he presumably killed Big/Little Walder in a fit of rage when discovering the missing swords and that Bran etc had been there while they were out looking for them

I dnt think so either. but her clearly bein at winterfell is very unusual. LF clearly has plans for her so why would he give that kinda power to the boltons. unless he knows tywin is dead and tryin to get behind a new Lord cuz he knows the lannisters are goin down now. but than why not gift her and make plans with the tyrells who are now the richest/powerful people in westeros now that tywin is dead now? all I know is I cant wait for 4/12/2015 to get here any faster :)

SPOILER DO NOT READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dnt think Jon will warg into ghost either. theres been no mention or even hint that he has that kinda connection with ghost in the show. I really think he will get stabbed and that will be the cliffhanger ending of season 5. did he die or didn't he! unless the creators show us a lil taste of TWOW sense they know how all the overall book series will end,theres no better way to end this season with jon bein stabbed and we dnt know if hes dead or not.

SPOILER DO NOT READ!!!!!!!!!!!!! actually the only other way to end S5 better than the JS stabbing....is ending with brienne bringin Jamie to lady stoneheart/BWB. thatd be so epic. dnt think it will happen...but that's the only thing thatd be better than the JS stabbing

jus watched the trailer again and when deanerys brings up Stark they only show sansa and arya and not jon? I know hes a bastard but still. maybe that's a hint towards the R+L+J! cuz if the producers really wantd to fuk with us they should included him in the Stark scene. and I read in this forum that two girls in the woods walking are a yunger cersei and her friend.

Archived