Thoughts on new trailer

I_Might_Be_God

Maybe it's the footage near the end of the season where winter is not only in the North but also spreading south?

You might be right. There was a scene where she didn't seem to be so far in the North.

Jon was on a boat...Harhome? The trailer seems to need its own commentary for book fans.

Brienne looked to be way, way way up in the North. And Sansa is in WF. Too many things I don't understand. But the trailer was still awesome.

she looked to be in a blizzard which makes me think she is not in the Riverlands. Maybe she does end up killing stannis in the books and since LSH is cut and they are trimming the story, they have now sped up her arrival in the north to take her revenge for Renly? :dunno:

You might be right. There was a scene where she didn't seem to be so far in the North.

Jon was on a boat...Harhome? The trailer seems to need its own commentary for book fans.

That was in Riverlands, probably.

You may check the post on my blog for the screenshots and all the commentary http://cinematiccorner.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-gods-demand-justice-in-second.html

she looked to be in a blizzard which makes me think she is not in the Riverlands. Maybe she does end up killing stannis in the books and since LSH is cut and they are trimming the story, they have now sped up her arrival in the north to take her revenge for Renly? :dunno:

I love Bri but if she hurts Stannis she is dead meat to me.

I thought her line was awesome in the trailer. IN trailer 1 I was like 'urgh' when she uttered the break the wheel line but in trailer 2, in context, I liked the line very much and am very excited to see what news lead her to say that :drunk:

In the first trailer she just looked like a brat uttering a really lame line. The context of the second trailer was amazing. We've discussed this before but I think the show might finally convince me that she will be something like a monarch revolutionary, which is a weird concept. That statement about the wheel suggests it though, IMO. We'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for the link, Sati.

Seyrese on the ground crying: if it's due to sacrificing Shireen, it will put Stannis squarely in the Villian category. Unless Davos can somehow save the princess by talking Stannis out of it. It would however, advance the notion that Mel & Stan are likely to become the new Night's King & Queen. Who else made offerings to the God's of Children? Craster. Craster didn't kill them, but he left them to either freeze to death. or the WW's.

However, it might only mean that Shireen died for some reason.

Seyrese on the ground crying: if it's due to sacrificing Shireen, it will put Stannis squarely in the Villian category. Unless Davos can somehow save the princess by talking Stannis out of it. It would however, advance the notion that Mel & Stan are likely to become the new Night's King & Queen. Who else made offerings to the God's of Children? Craster. Craster didn't kill them, but he left them to either freeze to death. or the WW's.

However, it might only mean that Shireen died for some reason.

You're assuming Stannis is even there and aware of what's happening. Perhaps Melisandre acts on her own. There were scenes in the show showing how much Stannis loves Shireen, I don't think he would agree to her death

Brienne actually might be in the Riverlands looking for Arya, remember Winter is Coming and by the end of the Season is likely to be upon King's Landing.

You're assuming Stannis is even there and aware of what's happening. Perhaps Melisandre acts on her own. There were scenes in the show showing how much Stannis loves Shireen, I don't think he would agree to her death

I don't like Stannis but I agree that he shouldn't be blamed for whatever Selysse and/or Mel do. Stannis loves his daughter.

I hope you are right.

I think Jon would object and Davos would do what he could to stop it if if he could, but I was taking my inferences off the stills on Reddit that show Stannis, etc, assembled to burn someone at a stake.

Maybe it's meant for Mance, but in the stills in the order of the edits Selyse is on the ground shortly after.

In the first trailer she just looked like a brat uttering a really lame line. The context of the second trailer was amazing. We've discussed this before but I think the show might finally convince me that she will be something like a monarch revolutionary, which is a weird concept. That statement about the wheel suggests it though, IMO. We'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for the link, Sati.

I also think so. Some people can't handle it though. I still want her to give up the throne and go off with Daario to the house with the red door.

No one :P He probably will die but he is my King so I don't want him to die :)

It would also be ironic if Mel killed him. I think he would be quite shocked by that. I defo do not want Roose/Ramsey to kill him but I can deal with it :drunk:

Sansa in Winterfell only makes sense if she and her force from the Vale are there as a substititution for Lord Manderly. I hope she discovers Benjen, if she is at WF.

Don't really see how it advances LF, though or why he would risk it.

I hope so. Only because I want LSH.

I still have hope for LSH. Also Brienne appears to be at an Inn again, so... :-)

It would also be ironic if Mel killed him. I think he would be quite shocked by that. I defo do not want Roose/Ramsey to kill him but I can deal with it :drunk:

I don't think I can bear scum like Boltons killing him. I already dislike Mel but if she kills him she is gonna be my most hated character :)

Sansa in Winterfell only makes sense if she and her force from the Vale are there as a substititution for Lord Manderly. I hope she discovers Benjen, if she is at WF.

Don't really see how it advances LF, though or why he would risk it.

I still have hope for LSH. Also Brienne appears to be at an Inn again, so... :-)

Are we sure it's that inn, though? It looked to me like that too. It appears that Brienne is chased by Vale riders, perhaps that forces her to go that other road she didn't chose - there was a memorable moment with her and Pod at the croassroads last season. Hopefully that leads to LS

Archived