Walking Dead Season 5 (No Comic Spoilers) Part 4

l2 0 5 5

Really good episode.

This community must have started off with 10,000 people at the rate that they lose them. If there's any sign of trouble, they're ready to run off and leave everyone else behind. Just terrible.

It also looks like Rick and the Wanderers will be taking over. But organically instead of by force.

Deanna's son was responsible for the death of Noah and possibly Tara, as well as his own. It's straight up amateur hour. These people are so dangerous to themselves and those around them; unbelievable.

I wonder if, after Gabriel's little speech, Deana will feel like her son's death was not his own fault, but rather, deliberate by Glenn?

Speaking of Gabriel's speech, what a low down, dirty thing to do. Talk about ungrateful. I'm glad Maggie was there to overhear.

I know that I will probably be the minority opinion in this, but Carol is a rabid dog at this point that probably should be put down Old Yeller style. To escalate from the things that she suspects, straight to murder is what will probably be the downfall of this little society. The character is beautifully written as there is an understanding what has brought her to this position, but she is so far down the rabbit hole at this point, I don't think she can come back. I am not quite certain of this, but I expect her to not make it through the rest of the season.

I think Rick having thrown her out of the group previously for jumping the gun on killing people Will get her to back off that demand. Unless absolutely nnecessary, of course.

It's aalso important to note that you need Carols as much as you need Maggies. If Rick 's group was only made up of Ricks and Carols they would lose their humanity. And if it was all super nice people they would not have lasted long.

I was surprised by Gaberial's actions. First off what was he even talking about? Was he referring to the way Rick and co killed the people THAT WERE TRYING TO EAT THEM? As far as I'm concerned, if you are trying to eat people you are a walker. Was it they way they dealt with the hospital group? I just don't remember them being that bad.

I hope Maggie pays a visit to that Judas Priest with a baseball bat to teach him a lesson. It would've been a nice way to end the episode actually. I also wish Glenn would've killed the motherfucker with the ugly beard at the supply depot, but I guess it would've reflected badly on the new group if they came home without either of the two original members.

By the way, was I the only one who thought that Rick was the one who broke the owl construction as a pretext for spending more time with Dr. Drunk's wife?

I thought for certain that it was Dr. Drunk who did it in a fit of rage.

Was anyone else really creeped out by him telling Rick to bring the kids by for a checkup while he was obviously drunk? I am wondering if his "behavior" is tolerated by the town just because he is a doctor or if he normally hides it better.

I hope Maggie pays a visit to that Judas Priest with a baseball bat to teach him a lesson. It would've been a nice way to end the episode actually. I also wish Glenn would've killed the motherfucker with the ugly beard at the supply depot, but I guess it would've reflected badly on the new group if they came home without either of the two original members.

Yea, Glenn needs Nicholas to corroborate the story of what went down at the depot. Assuming he is truthful in his retelling.... that guy is a grade A coward who got Noah killed and would have left the others to die as well if Glenn hadn't kicked his ass, so he may lie about what happened to save face.

Who knows how Deanna will react to Aidens death, that will be interesting to see. That his death coincided with Gabriels doomsaying is probably going to be bad news for harmony between the groups, at least in the short term. My expectation overall is that we will see tension build in Alexandria with the natives, or at least Deanna, growing increasingly mistrustful of Rick & Co. until an external threat appears to give Rick's people an opportunity to prove themselves. Even that may not go smoothly though, the Ricklings are capable of a level of cold brutality that might prove unsettling to the Alexandria folks - even if that is what saves their skin. Seems to have been the case with Gabriel who would be dead meat without Rick's group but is incapable of looking past the bloodshed that was required to keep all of them alive.

Great episode overall, lots of new material to stew over.

My expectation overall is that we will see tension build in Alexandria with the natives, or at least Deanna, growing increasingly mistrustful of Rick & Co. until an external threat appears to give Rick's people an opportunity to prove themselves.

It seems like they are setting up all sorts of conflicts and loyalties, not just between the two groups, but within them as well. Daryll is definitely not on the same page as Rick and Carol anymore. Maggie seems to be working very closely with Deanna, and may be more sympathetic to compromise and peaceful resolution. And Abraham is a big hit with his construction crew atm, so who knows where their loyalties will shake out. The woman he saved certainly has a new appreciation for the benefits of being a part of Rick's family, as Alexandria seems to have a zero tolerance policy towards life saving heroics.

The Talking Dead spoiler...

…also showed Carl getting…er…close..with the exile girl, so thats a third dynamic that may come into play if her old group has anything to do with the coming drama.

And then there's Sasha who seems about to start alienating the fuck out of everybody next episode.

I really wish Rick would discuss his concerns of the abusive Dr. Drunk with Deanna first instead of trying to handle it alone...

Yeah, for all of Gabriel's crazy talk, he is not wrong. And i think the core of his message, that Rick and crew would put themselves before the people of Alexandria, may have struck a nerve with Deanna.

But some of the people of Alexandria have put themselves before other people of Alexandria. All of the construction crew at first, Nicholas told Glen that Aiden was dead without checking and didn't Aiden admit that he and Nick left those four Alexandrians from their former crew to die? Granted Gabriel doesn't know these things but we do and knowing this and what Gabriel himself did to his congregation it sounds to me like Gabriel fits right in with the people of Alexandria. Deanna does know some of this, maybe all of it soon.

It's clear Rick and the crew can work with new groups since they all have not been together from the beginning and that they do their best not to leave a man behind. The Judas Gabriel does know theses things, and so does Deanna. But Deanna is already getting nervous of the power shifting and with losing her son it may effect her perception or what she wants to believe.

By the way, was I the only one who thought that Rick was the one who broke the owl construction as a pretext for spending more time with Dr. Drunk's wife?

I thought for certain that it was Dr. Drunk who did it in a fit of rage.

Was anyone else really creeped out by him telling Rick to bring the kids by for a checkup while he was obviously drunk? I am wondering if his "behavior" is tolerated by the town just because he is a doctor or if he normally hides it better.

I thought it was going to be Dr. Drunk Dad...then Dr. Drunk Dad was going to blame Rick.

But it's even more disturbing how it turned out.

Trailer for next week certainly looks interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR22TVnqcKg

Edit

This trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeghIYbe9-Y

Is Sasha aiming at Enid running in the promo? Surely she doesn't shoot the girl...the promo just wants us to think she will. Right?

Good episode yesterday this show has finally remembered how to walk and chew gum at the same time. Particularly liked the unpredictable nature of Noah's death, in how they set him the architecture task and only to off him 20 minutes later, didn't expect it.

Was a bit distracted during the wearhouse scene so a couple questions... the helmeted walker that Deanna's son was having trouble with... was it strapped with explosives or something? also why were the bullets bouncing off its plastic helmet?

Looking forward to next week now I must say, though if it transpires that Deanna or the Alexandrians actually buy into Gabriels OTT Satan speech it'll be a letdown.

So who are the 4 graves for? Unless they are symbolic there wouldn't be graves for Aiden or Noah.

I'd bet it's the four people that Aiden lost from his Alexandria crew before Rick and co. came. IIRC Aiden claimed they were scared, panicked and died. I think maybe Deanna finds out that her son panicked and left them to die, she's probably distraught. Nick and Aiden talked about it in front of Glen before Aiden died.

Aiden - "Don't leave me"

Nick - "Yoouu left them. We both did. That's who we are."

Nick leaves

Aiden - "Okay, it was... it was us. The others before. They didn't panic. We did. It was us"

Good episode yesterday this show has finally remembered how to walk and chew gum at the same time. Particularly liked the unpredictable nature of Noah's death, in how they set him the architecture task and only to off him 20 minutes later, didn't expect it.

Was a bit distracted during the wearhouse scene so a couple questions... the helmeted walker that Deanna's son was having trouble with... was it strapped with explosives or something? also why were the bullets bouncing off its plastic helmet?

Looking forward to next week now I must say, though if it transpires that Deanna or the Alexandrians actually buy into Gabriels OTT Satan speech it'll be a letdown.

I believe he had a grenade strapped to his vest. As for the mask, I'm not entirely sure. Glen told Aiden to wait till it got closer. He either meant that the mask had some sort of bullet deterrent thing going on or he wanted him to melee it instead.

Archived