iZombie on the CW

MisterOJ

^ Good point.

In any case, I'm curious to see where things gonna go with Lowell next episode. He's been kinda bland so far so of all the secondary characters, he's the one who needs more development after this latest episode that gave more to quite all of the others.

It was really heartbreaking to see the gentle Ravi get bit :(

Next episode will be really fun, can't wait to see what Liv will do with her new found knowledge. Someone spoke about the potential of Blaine's customers getting visions of the former brain-owners' deaths, maybe they do but choose to look the other way? I mean, they got to have suspicions that the brains might be collected in not the nicest ways, maybe they just don't care and value their own life over others'.

I just realized I know Blaine (David Anders) from Heroes as the immortal Adam Monroe, the titular undead character from The Revenant, and Once Upon a Time as Dr. Frankenstein. I see he also apparently played a ghost or something on The Vampire Diaries. Now he is a zombie here. It's an interesting niche he's carved out for himself, and he's quite good at it.

I just realized I know Blaine (David Anders) from Heroes as the immortal Adam Monroe, the titular undead character from The Revenant, and Once Upon a Time as Dr. Frankenstein. I see he also apparently played a ghost or something on The Vampire Diaries. Now he is a zombie here. It's an interesting niche he's carved out for himself, and he's quite good at it.

No matter how many shows or movies I see David Anders in, he will always be Sark (from Alias) to me. I still am surprised when I hear his natural American accent rather than his British accent from Alias.

Well, one cant watch TV shows like The 100, iZombie, Continuum, Helix, Orphan Black or Supernatural without noticing the same actors from time to time ! ^^

Well, one cant watch TV shows like The 100, iZombie, Continuum, Helix, Orphan Black or Supernatural without noticing the same actors from time to time ! ^^

Of those I've only seen iZombie and Helix. I didn't notice any cross over actors there.

I have noticed Daario Naharis in a few other TV shows lately, like Orphan Black (didn't make the connection until starting on Season 3 of OB). And I've seen Michelle Forbes pop up in a few genre shows since I first came across her in the US version of The Killing.

This show has really exceeded my expectations. I thought this episode was great. The scene with Major at the gym actually made me laugh out loud. He's a good character; I loved the book by Anton Chekhov on his dresser when he was hiding the gun. Blaine continues to be a fun and intimidating villain. I should probably have seen Lowell's death coming when they spent the whole episode making him so sympathetic, but I didn't. Poor guy.

This show has really exceeded my expectations. I thought this episode was great. The scene with Major at the gym actually made me laugh out loud. He's a good character; I loved the book by Anton Chekhov on his dresser when he was hiding the gun. Blaine continues to be a fun and intimidating villain. I should probably have seen Lowell's death coming when they spent the whole episode making him so sympathetic, but I didn't. Poor guy.

I agree with everything here. Best episode of the season, and surprisingly I enjoyed it more than The Flash tonight. I was worried that next week was going to be the finale, but it has four more episodes this season :D

ETA:

The visions are triggered by external stimuli. Blaine's clientele probably rarely, if ever, sees anything about the victims'death.

Even Liv, who actively uses the visions to solve murders rarely gets something explicitly about the act itself, and she is actively retracing the victims'steps and talking to people they knew, including the murderers.

As was brought this episode, the purchasers of said brains are often seeing the person or persons who kidnapped and or murdered them. That should be triggering flashes pretty regularly, but ignoring that the show showed you were spot on about everything else :thumbsup:

As was brought this episode, the purchasers of said brains are often seeing the person or persons who kidnapped and or murdered them. That should be triggering flashes pretty regularly, but ignoring that the show showed you were spot on about everything else :thumbsup:

Ah, the warm, fuzzy feeling of being right about a TV show.

My complaints about the case of the week remain (what good is a new personality if it doesn't even allow Liv to shoot the bad guy?), but the show is still strong.

I hope Liv will feel bad when she finds out what keeping Major in the dark has done to him. Surely at this point he himself has to be doubting his sanity?

Incidentally, the book lying on top of the cabinet where Major hid his gun? Uncle Vanya, by Anton Chekhov. :laugh:

Anyone else getting annoyed with the constantly keeping Major in the dark about zombies cause I am. It's too late to try and protect Major from Blaine the dude and his crew already knows where Major live so what's to stop them from going after Major any time they want? Liv needs to tell him about the zombies and Clive needs to know also he almost didn't make it out when he first met Blaine its dangerous out there.

Ah, the warm, fuzzy feeling of being right about a TV show.

I hope Liv will feel bad when she finds out what keeping Major in the dark has done to him. Surely at this point he himself has to be doubting his sanity?

I'll just vaingloriously quote myself here: Major does indeed think he's in need of treatment. I'm really enjoying this arc of his, since it strikes me as very natural that at some point this is the reaction a normal person would have. Of course, if he were the protagonist he'd probably keep insisting that it's everyone else who isn't seeing things clearly enough...

Anyone else getting annoyed with the constantly keeping Major in the dark about zombies cause I am. It's too late to try and protect Major from Blaine the dude and his crew already knows where Major live so what's to stop them from going after Major any time they want? Liv needs to tell him about the zombies and Clive needs to know also he almost didn't make it out when he first met Blaine its dangerous out there.

Yeah, I thought he'd be clued in at the end of the episode after Ravi suggested it. I guess we can excuse Liv somewhat for reasons of alcoholism and recently deceased boyfriend, but given that this has been her line from the first episode she might have done the same if she were completely sober and in the right frame of mind.

So it is safe to say that zombification happened because of the weird drug combination. Hmmmm,different angle.

I feel so sorry for poor Major,he is very interesting character, he really deserves more credit.

I was under the impression Blaine will turn out to be not so evil,or he will end up with a back story but I guess he is just a dick...it's cool,wonder how will that develop in season 2.

His client who wants to fell like astronaut is just plain ass...wrong in so many ways. :ack:

Well Blaine will certainly have some stiff competition for evil zombie overlord. Personally I think Blaine and Liv are going to have to team up to get rid of the hit-zombie. Blaine at least only kills for food (and self defence), which is just a simple predator-prey thing. A zombie's gotta eat. Hit-zombie dude kills for funsies.

Well Blaine will certainly have some stiff competition for evil zombie overlord. Personally I think Blaine and Liv are going to have to team up to get rid of the hit-zombie. Blaine at least only kills for food (and self defence), which is just a simple predator-prey thing. A zombie's gotta eat. Hit-zombie dude kills for funsies.

Blaine will probably recruit him.

I miss hit zombies coming back to life, was thinking that 1. he licked up some of her blood, 2. that she cut him in to little pieces with the boat motor, so are they going to little undead pieces floating around the lake.

Didn't the guy from group tell Blaine flat out about the Zombie problem, so now he really isn't in the dark. I really didn't like his character at the start of the series but it/he has grown on me other the last few weeks.

Archived