iZombie on the CW

MisterOJ

This show is so fucking good!! The scene where Blaine dressed up as an old man to greet his father was the best one of the show so far! :D I can't believe not more people are watching this show. 

I fear that they extended this second season to wrap the whole show up and end it, does anyone have more information on whether or not a third season is in the makings? :)

And he's rationalised it as an effect of her psychic powers. I mean that makes a whole lot more sense than high functioning zombies existing that take on the personalities of whoever's brain they last ate. So it is good he's said it, but it's pretty obvious he's thought it for a while.

Man I hope this doesn't end with just 2 seasons. But I do think it's a show that is conceptually hard to sell to a wider audience. Hard core zombie lore fans aren't going to like this idea of high functioning zombies any more than hard core vampire fans like the idea of sparkly vampires who only avoid the sun because it makes them sparkle. And most other people just aren't interested in anything with the word zombie involved.

• 1 month later...

I really should try to talk about this show more. Contrary to the other CW shows I like to poke fun at, it's really good.

I'm not too thrilled about what currently looks like an attempt at redeeming Blaine via amnesia, but at least people keep telling him what a bastard he used to be and will hopefully continue to be reluctant to believe him in the future.

The "oh shit" moments keep piling up in recent episodes, from Blaine's murder and rezmbiefication, Vaughn sacrificing his daughter to safe his own skin to Major's arrest. I kind of wish Major had remained a free zombie for a few more episodes, having two people with brain-induced mood swings could have made for a fun dynamic.

I really wished Major had time and opportunity to scratch Vaughn before getting arrested ! 

And it's a damn good thing he was on "optimist" brain, cause if not, he'd have likely made quite a fuss at the end there ! ^^

In other news, it's damn time for Clive (and likely his girlfriend as well) to learn the truth about zombies and I'm quite sure it will happen during the finale ! 

And on a completely less relevant matter, I'd really like Peyton and Ravi to get back together, but that's a story for another day (and another season ! ^^)

I can't wait for the finale, but I am sad that it's already over.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:24 AM, Jon AS said:

The "oh shit" moments keep piling up in recent episodes, from Blaine's murder and rezmbiefication, Vaughn sacrificing his daughter to safe his own skin to Major's arrest. I kind of wish Major had remained a free zombie for a few more episodes, having two people with brain-induced mood swings could have made for a fun dynamic.

The past couple of weeks have been intense.  Ravi intentionally spiking Major with happy brain was great.  I can't think of a single show on right now that does characters as well as this one.

When "Zombie commando leader" stormed in and saved the day, I was sure it was Dale (Clive's FBI girlfriend) and we'd get a happy reunion between the two... but I find the idea of an organized zombie "militia" much more interesting ! 

And please, show, no Ravi-Peyton-Blaine love triangle please ? (yeah, I really want Ravi and Peyton together ! ^^)

That was good.  I'm sure that the entire reason for the "Prison party theme" was for that trailer fake out.  Kind of lame, but I appreciate the thought put into it.  Really a brutal episode though.  Crazy high body count, with Drake being the biggest surprise there.  It kind of hit the reset button for next season.  I like how Clive stood his ground and wouldn't let Liv turn him.  The Ravi/Peyton interaction was great, as was killing Rob Thomas.  Excellent season all around.

That was great. I'm sad to see Drake go, I really liked him and dating Liv is turning out to be a dangerous business. I'm glad that Clive was let in on the Zombie secret and that he wasn't turned into one. And the Zombie Mercenary Company was a nice twist and an interesting development for next season.

Vaugn got his just desserts, but I'm a little surprised that they actually killed Gilda. I thought she'd stick around a bit longer.

Blaine turned out to be a complete badass, but the whole Peyton rescue bit overall felt a bit abrupt. Also, I'm glad Don-E survived.

Holy Moses what a finale! :D And I just discovered that it has been renewed for a third season, yaaay! I really love this show, and I still think it's the most underrated show on tv. It always manages to deliver drama, fun, excitement and new plot events that just keeps me on my toes at all time. It's one of those shows where I never hesitate on wether or not I should watch the next episode, as soon as it's out I watch it, and I have a blast everytime! :) 

However, I'm not entirely sure as to how to feel about the military-thing, that's probably one of the first plot lines that I might not be a super fan of, mostly because I really enjoy the case-solving-mystery with liv and clive every week. That's gotta be out the window now, no? Maybe not, who knows, fingers crossed this new plot line will be amazing! 

PS. God damn it did they have to kill Gilda? :( What a huge personal disappointment, I felt like she had some good in her deep inside, and I wanted to see her get rescued and then over time redeem herself. Super-cliché, you say? Yes, absolutely, but that's the way I wanted her character to go and no one can convince me it wouldn't have been awesome haha! 

Wow! What a finale. Zombie mercs are an amazing twist, but damn how are Liv and Clive and their little cohort gonna deal with that? I get the feeling they will run with the mind-wipe cure for the mercs until they thin them out. The mercs will have to operate on a slow burn, because you can;t turn a whole city into zombietown overnight without the rest of the country noticing and taking action.

How does a sentient zombie society work? They need a steady supply of brains, but unlike Vampires who can just set up blood donation clinics as a front for harvesting their food under the radar, several million zombies aren't going to be able to feed themselves on the natural death rate of humans...or are they? Taking over every morgue and funeral service is gonna net a tidy supply of brains.

If one brain can feed 10 zombies for a week, then to feed 1 million zombies you only need 100K deaths per week. Hmmm USA has roughly 2.5 million deaths annually, eeeee that's only about half the number of brains needed for a 1 brain per 10 per week ration, and that's if they catch the brain of everyone who dies. They need to double the death rate without actually murdering 2.5 million people per year. They'll need to take over corporations that promote unhealthy lifestyles like tobacco, calorie rich nutrient poor food products etc etc, and probably introduce some communicable diseases with high-ish fatality rates.

The logistics of making Seattle a zombie homeland will be tricky to handle without significantly limiting the zombie population.

What about stem cells? Stimulate them to make brain tissue and you have a non-killy way of supplemental feeding of the zombie population and achieve perhaps a natural brain consumption rate of 1:20:month, which can be manageable for a pretty large zombie population from normal death rates.

Farms, human farms. In 2017 humans are no longer born. We're grown.

5 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Wow! What a finale. Zombie mercs are an amazing twist, but damn how are Liv and Clive and their little cohort gonna deal with that? I get the feeling they will run with the mind-wipe cure for the mercs until they thin them out.

Or zombie wise it's just the inner circle who are Zombies for now. They could run a sort of Caste system, only some are chosen to be zombies.

On the memory stuff, are we buying Blaine losing it totally? I was on board pretty solidly, but his rampage made me start to doubt. They're at least starting to return to him.

Archived