Better Call Saul Thread 2; Philly Cheesesteaks((Spoilers))

Lord Syv Aldlark

i dont like her at all

She is genuinely awful.

I'm not certain anyone could like the character of Betsy. She is self-delusional and expects everyone to cooperate in perpetuating these delusions. Interestingly, Jimmy is great at dealing with Chuck, another character who has a singular self-delusion that he expects others to believe; however, Chuck is incredibly sympathetic, while Betsy is the opposite.

Yeah, of course, that's definitely the point but still... Real shame she didn't go to jail. For the sake of her kids if nothing else.

Betsy Kettleman is a riot. Hope we see more of her in future episodes. Thus far she has been portrayed as an unlikeable, unsympathetic narcissist but there is a thing called character development. Afterall, in BB Hank was initially portrayed as a first class douche. I think that there is lots of potential with the BK character.

Because she's interesting and hilarious. You're not supposed to sympathize with her at all - but I found her narcissism is awesomely engrossing.

Oh, I get that. Enjoyable to watch, absolutely. Likable character, no.

Most of the episodes of season 1 ends with O. What about season 2 ? What are they trying to spell now?

You probably said that because of BB season 2's "737" "Down" "Over" "ABQ" - which was an amazing thing to do for such a coherent season. I'm not sure what's the deal with the O thing, but the OCD in me makes me mad about the retitled Jello. But I don't think it means more than it is.

On the same note, The Winds of Winter irritates me so much, please George, keep the pattern and surprise us all with "A Time For Wolves".

On the same note, The Winds of Winter irritates me so much, please George, keep the pattern and surprise us all with "A Time For Wolves".

That is so much better than the stuupid Dream of Spring. But apparently it's too spolierish...

I'm thinking it is both of their shows given the episode about Mike. He really is such a great character, though I hope they don't continue to break the episodes apart that way. Certainly they can have Gus without Saul knowing him though. Which would be great. I think Saul and Nacho will be going forward obviously. Can't wait for that. I rewatched the episodes because I love them, and that scene in the desert with Tucco, the negotiation was really good. Both times it caught me unlike anything else in the series. That was peak writing, and it will be hard to top. I loved it. I loved how Saul is the guy who figured out how to effectively negogiate with Tucco, and especially given how smart Walter is and how he could never do it. Of course, Saul's loud mouthed sidekicks were gagged, whereas Walt's was not.

Also watching the hit and run scene again there is just enough obsfuction there that the twins could have followed the wrong car, and given what we know about Betsy now, she could have totally hit and run, and those dumb twins just got mixed up and followed the wrong lady. I always was really confused about the whole hit and run side of things. But I think it makes sense now. Crazy Betsy hit them, the boys got mixed up and followed the wrong car. Or not, they just threw themselves in front of the wrong car. Either way.

Oh gross! Oh gag! Oh gad! :stillsick: :stillsick: :stillsick: :stillsick: :stillsick:

I'd rather be buried by anything other than senior waste. Animal, livestock, whatever, not as bad as that!

It's just something on a physical level I can't handle.

ETA:

Whew! Thought that was it for Chuck at the end of this episode, glad to see from the previews he's still around next week!

Oh man... why do I get the feeling that Jimmy misinterpreted Chuck's partnership terms, and it's going to hit them hard? I feel like the smart play now is to bring HHM in on the case officially.

Chuck was the one who made sure Jimmy wouldn't get hired, right? Ithink Hamlin was just his hatchet man because Chuck couldn't face his brother himself, and it's going to come out in the finale.

Archived