NFL 2015 Pre Draft: Down a Lazy Rivers

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Good point on the Buffalo weather, Jaime L, I didn't even consider that. I was just looking at the other offensive pieces thay had put together.

And they have assembled a really intriguing offense. McCoy, Harvin, Watkins, Clay. This is the most offensive talent they've had since Kelly/Thomas/Reed. Heck, most talent period, at least in the last 20 years.

Still no QB though. The one guy to keep an eye on is Tyrod Taylor who they brought in this offseason. Denver really wanted him too potentially presumably as PFM's heir apparent because even Elway now understands Brock Osweiler can't play a lick.

Rex Ryan has faced EJ Manuel plenty. I doubt he has much faith in him. Matt Cassel is the safe, mediocre option. It'll be a three way competition and whoever shows the most in preseason wins the job.

In the face of the most disastrous off-season in like the history of ever, Jed York continues to pull nonsensical bullshit out of his own ass...

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/03/49ers_ceo_team_got_away_from_c.html

From the article:

"We are trying to win a Super Bowl. Everything that we do we're trying to win a Super Bowl. We -- we haven't been able to do that. And I think what we're trying to do is build a team that focuses on our core strengths, like any other company that you are going to talk to," York said. "You want to focus on your core strengths. And I think we got away from (that and turned into) something that we weren't, just get back to the basics and get back to letting our players go out and make plays.

"You look at our offense last year. It wasn't I think where it should have been. I think we have better talent than what our results showed. And again, I am not the expert in terms of calling x's and o's, and writing plays and doing things like that, but I know that our players are equipped to go play the game and compete for championships. And we need to make sure that we're all in this thing together, and moving forward and giving ourselves a chance to -- to ultimately host and win the Super Bowl this year."

Not sure how you could say that with a straight face at this point. This guy is the human definition of "born on third base and thinks he hit a triple". Just stab me in the face. :ack:

Not sure how you could say that with a straight face at this point. This guy is the human definition of "born on third base and thinks he hit a triple". Just stab me in the face. :ack:

I saw that and wanted to see if you 49ers fans found it as obnoxious as I did. I think you nailed it. His continual efforts to make Harbaugh seem like the problem ring laughably false. And to act like this is still a Superbowl roster that was simply in need of a coaching change to get over the top is infuriating. The whole thing is so out of touch Bruce "we're winning off the field" Allen wants to start a slow clap.

In other 49ers news, LB Chase Thomas just tore his ACL.

ETA: Also BREAKING: polio, long thought eradicated from the developed world, has resurfaced in a few isolated cases exclusively among the 49ers LB corps...

Honestly, as this thing has snow balled I 've expected York to just fade into the background, but it seems as if he's fallen in love with his own voice. This may sound old school, but I swear I think this guy might be on drugs.

I think he gets high off the smell of his own farts.

http://s1336.photobucket.com/user/Lumpy67/media/Bracket%20Busted%20Niners_zpspvbpow2h.jpg.html

So Rivers-for-Mariota talk seems to be gaining some steam, but I haven't seen any talk about our potential three team trade yet. Proponents of Rivers-to-Tennessee don't ever seem to address the fact that Rivers isn't good enough to win by himself, and seeing how Tennessee is one of the least talented teams in the league, I don't know why they would want a quarterback with only a few good years left.

Judy Battista on the unbelievable hypocrisy of the Cowboys signing Greg Hardy.

A good article, and Battista is becoming one of my favorite sports writers when I didn't even know she existed 2 years ago.

Yeah, I'm glad the Cowboys are catching flack for this. I think it should come with the territory, given the circunstances. I'm not saying that Hardy doesn't deserve a second chance, but any team that entertains his services should be questioned.

I saw that and wanted to see if you 49ers fans found it as obnoxious as I did. I think you nailed it. His continual efforts to make Harbaugh seem like the problem ring laughably false. And to act like this is still a Superbowl roster that was simply in need of a coaching change to get over the top is infuriating. The whole thing is so out of touch Bruce "we're winning off the field" Allen wants to start a slow clap.

In other 49ers news, LB Chase Thomas just tore his ACL.

ETA: Also BREAKING: polio, long thought eradicated from the developed world, has resurfaced in a few isolated cases exclusively among the 49ers LB corps...

The term 'Snyderesque' has been making it's way around 49er media coverage, not joking.

Judy Battista on the unbelievable hypocrisy of the Cowboys signing Greg Hardy.

A good article, and Battista is becoming one of my favorite sports writers when I didn't even know she existed 2 years ago.

Jerrah: "There’s no question in my mind, the emphasis we have on spousal abuse in the NFL and the lack of tolerance for it,” Jones said last September, while defending Roger Goodell’s handling of the Ray Rice case. “It’s intolerable and will be adjudicated accordingly.”

Always remember that Domestic Violence is intolerable....so long as it involves someone who isn't very good at football anymore

The term 'Snyderesque' has been making it's way around 49er media coverage, not joking.

There's a similar sunny delusion to early Snyder. Yeah we made the playoffs but this is an organization that prides itself on Superbowls. We need a coach who won't hold us back from that...

Jerrah: "Theres no question in my mind, the emphasis we have on spousal abuse in the NFL and the lack of tolerance for it, Jones said last September, while defending Roger Goodells handling of the Ray Rice case. Its intolerable and will be adjudicated accordingly.

Always remember that Domestic Violence is intolerable....so long as it involves someone who isn't very good at football anymore

There's a similar sunny delusion to early Snyder. Yeah we made the playoffs but this is an organization that prides itself on Superbowls. We need a coach who won't hold us back from that...

Groan. I wish I could figure out some way of making York accountable for the Harbaugh decision as he has repeatedly asked to be. I mean some way without making an appearance on the F.B.I.'s top ten list, obviously. I'm open to suggestions. How do you fill in the empty statements others repeatedly make?

Archived