Walking Dead Season 5, Vol. 5: The End is Near {No comics spoilers}

MisterOJ

Okay, I can watch a zombie flick, but let me find a fingernail or a hair in my food as I just did, (the shrimp and the hair were one), in my favorite restaurant, and I could hurl.

I feel your pain, that's the only thing that bothers me: Anything with my food.

One of my intial thoughts when I started watching this show was, what would I do, where would I try to hold up if I was in a group this size. I loved the prison, had they stayed to the inner courtyards so the hordes wouldn't see them. A walled prison would be ideal. Solid construction, fortified throughout with a lot of choke points. Individual sleeping cells in case someone dies during the night, have it mandatory to close your cells.

Another thought was Wal Mart (type). It has tons of food, seeds and potting soils, weapons, supplies, books etc. It would take a while to clear it but it would be worth it. Most places have minimal doors other than the main entrance, so board it up and use the roof as your tower. These places are usually surrounded by open space so you would have a great line of sight. The draw back, is that it has supplies and everyone else would think the same thing!

I think I'd steal a coast guard boat(just because of the mounted machine gun)and a few other boats and stay out on Lake Michigan, Erie or Huron. Plenty of fresh water, fish, and you can see for miles.

Any other thoughts while we wait for new season?

One of NASCAR's oval racetracks. Big catchfence, grassy infield for grwoing. In some cases the only way in or out is through one set of tunnels under the track.

I don't recall reading about a confirmed date. Only that the US premiere will be in late summer 2015. I understand that AMC has already ordered two seasons.

That late! :frown5: And wow, they must have confidence in the show. I did read that they have very deliberately tried as much as possible for it to not be a "knock off," of WD, and that it will bring its own perspective.

Thanks! :bowdown:

That late! :frown5: And wow, they must have confidence in the show. I did read that they have very deliberately tried as much as possible for it to not be a "knock off," of WD, and that it will bring its own perspective.

Thanks! :bowdown:

Not sure what the plot will be about. I recall reading somewhere that it will deal with events leading up to the zombie apocalyse, or something along those lines. If that is the case then I feel that this is something that should be covered in TWD. At this point the pessimist in me considers this to be a ploy by AMC to milk the popularity of TWD for all it's worth. In saying that, I will be watching the show out of curiosity and hoping for the best. I started watching Better Call Saul for the same reason and was pleasantly surprised at how good the show is independent of Breaking Bad.

The great thing about TWD is, that in theory they have myriads of options to develop the story, e.g. only parts of the US are affected, while civilization continues in others (e.g. West of the Rocky Mountains).

Or maybe only the Western Hemisphere is affected while Europe, Asia, Africa are "clean" and put the Americas under quarantine...

I guess, with the current format and as long as the ratings are positive, the show could easily continue for another 5-7 years (without being too repetitive). Budget, I pressume is maybe the biggest obstacle, not creativity.

I have a question:

is it possible to guestimate how much of the original North American population (USA + Canada) has been killed/zombified?

When I look at our group alone, they must have killed thousands of zombies so far, on screen (btw is there a zombie body count anywhere?)

So far we havent seen many survivors and the biggest single group was Woodbury with roughly 100 people. But our group has been traveling almost exclusively in the sparsely populated country side of Georgia and North Virginia was evacuated anyway, so the survivor density we have seen on screen doesnt need to be representative at all. Given the zombie kill prowess of our group alone (even assuming that they are especially good in killing zombies) and assuming that 1% of the original population has survived, how long can the zombies be an existential threat?

I admit, I might be influenced by World War Z (the book), but "realistically" speaking, even if the survivors are only half as good in zombie killing as Rick and Co., shouldn't the Zombie plague get "managable" rather sooner than later?

I admit, I might be influenced by World War Z (the book), but "realistically" speaking, even if the survivors are only half as good in zombie killing as Rick and Co., shouldn't the Zombie plague get "managable" rather sooner than later?

Well, judging by the failing structural integrity of the zombie bodies, even Judith will be able to squash zombie heads soon enough.

The great thing about TWD is, that in theory they have myriads of options to develop the story,

the show could easily continue for another 5-7 years (without being too repetitive). Budget, I pressume is maybe the biggest obstacle, not creativity.

Well, you're way more optimistic than I am :P 'Easily' for another SEVEN years? Wow.

I think that realistically, they'd be running out of zombies to kill soon. But it's plausible that Rick's group kills more walkers than the average group, and that even survivers of the initial outbreak become walkers, and that the current state of the world would last longer as a result. But I don't think they'd ever actually show the walker count decreasing, for entertainment reasons.

I know, right? The idea that someone might learn how to use a weapon over the course of a year is just straight up ridiculous.

i suppose it's possible, but he'd need some practice. now, where is he going to find a bunch of human-like, slow moving targets? and then he's got to make the time. it would be easy if the targets just came to you and forced you to practice, but who's really go the drive to hit the gym everyday? even if it was his new year's resolution, he'd be sitting in front of the tv with a beer by the middle of january.

I think the idea is that the vast majority of walkers are clumped together in herds. So that you can't really make much of a dent in the numbers without seriously risking yourself.

Well this is the problem ;). Rick and Company should really search all the bookstore for a copy of World War Z and the Zombie Survival Guide ;).

Well, you're way more optimistic than I am :P 'Easily' for another SEVEN years? Wow.

I think that realistically, they'd be running out of zombies to kill soon. But it's plausible that Rick's group kills more walkers than the average group, and that even survivers of the initial outbreak become walkers, and that the current state of the world would last longer as a result. But I don't think they'd ever actually show the walker count decreasing, for entertainment reasons.

Hehe, I said in theory ;-).

But you are right in so far that "more of the same" will get quite boring very soon.

What I really would like to see is a larger regional scope, maybe glimpses of what is going on in other parts of the US. There should be at least a few still functioning military units out there (we saw glimpses of that in S3).

Archived