Deadpool v SkullpoopL: Dawn of Spoilers

Bastard of Boston

6 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Psylocke vs Deadpool

Haha, nice :D

On 7-2-2016 at 7:37 PM, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

Chris Stuckmann has given it his highest possible rating. I'll definitely be looking into this.

Peter Bradshaw of The Guardian has also given this a 4/5 :) That's very promising indeed. 

1 hour ago, Leap said:

Christ, if the Guardian guy gave it 4/5, it must be pretty good - they're a right set of miserable bastards there. :P

It's down to 85% on RT now, also an average of 7.2/10 which is pretty decent. I tend to find that, even though a film has a really high %, their average is usually pretty low since people are more likely to give it a 3 if they didn't like it than a 10 if they did. 

This is a movie where the crude humor won't work for everyone. I would never expect it to be in the 90% range.

3 hours ago, Leap said:

Christ, if the Guardian guy gave it 4/5, it must be pretty good - they're a right set of miserable bastards there. :P

I know right? :) This really isn't their cup of tea, so it's very promising that it got that rating

3 hours ago, Leap said:

It's down to 85% on RT now, also an average of 7.2/10 which is pretty decent. I tend to find that, even though a film has a really high %, their average is usually pretty low since people are more likely to give it a 3 if they didn't like it than a 10 if they did. 

+ RT isn't very good at measuring the quality of a movie anyway. If I understand the site correctly, it's just measures how many reviews were positive and how many were negative. So I think it's technically possible for a film to earn like 3/5 from everyone and still receive a 100% rating no?

12 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

+ RT isn't very good at measuring the quality of a movie anyway. If I understand the site correctly, it's just measures how many reviews were positive and how many were negative. So I think it's technically possible for a film to earn like 3/5 from everyone and still receive a 100% rating no?

Yes. An averagely good inoffensive film can do very well, compared to more divisive films.

5 hours ago, Leap said:

Given how dark and raunchy this movie is supposed to be, I'd say those are great reviews.

I enjoyed it considerably more than I was thinking I was going to. I had really liked the marketing for the movie, but I had a feeling that it would have been the best part. Turns out, the movie itself was full of wit and charm from start to finish as well.

The Zambonii scene had me in the aisle laughing, and Morena Baccarin stole every scene she was in.
It is for adults though... Don't take the kids.

Archived