Deadpool v SkullpoopL: Dawn of Spoilers

Bastard of Boston

The extended bridge scene from the Blu-Ray had some of the best moments that end up being cut.  The best were additional dialogue with NSTWH, the pre-call callback with Ajax, and Ryan Reynolds going off on the Green Lantern.

Many of the other scenes are actually good but cut as a result of some story changes.

56 minutes ago, mormont said:

I think Hamm would be fine. I love Ron Perlman, but if you dyed Jon Hamm's hair, why would he not be a good fit?

Too much of a pretty boy. Not sure he could pull off a grizzled war hardened time traveller like Cable. :dunno:

Perlman and Lang are both better fits imo.

12 hours ago, mormont said:

I think Hamm would be fine. I love Ron Perlman, but if you dyed Jon Hamm's hair, why would he not be a good fit?

I think of Cable as being much bigger than Hamm.  I feel like someone with some mass is required.

The problem with Stephen Lang or Clancy Brown as Cable is that they're great as Cable; I don't see them as great in a deadpool movie. To be fair I don't really know what the Cable and Deadpool arc is like, but I would imagine that he's basically the straight man to Deadpool and it's some kind of 48 hours thing. In which case you need someone who is at least a bit goofy-minded who can also do menace. 

I don't see that about Clancy Motherfucking Brown. And I love him. But he does Menace, and that's it. Maybe Stephen Lang - I honestly haven't seen much outside of avatar with him - but seems similar.

Perlman, however, does goofy and stud. 

1 minute ago, Red Tiger said:

Eh, a bit too slight methinks. I'm sure he'd be good, but I think Perlman would be fantastic.

Clancy Brown, is one of the main cast of Spongebob (a series I despise, but is still a comedy.) did Starship troopers which was undoubtedly goofy. He was in Hail, Caesar! So I don't think he's quite that straight laced, Cable has always been the straight man next to Deadpool's wackiness anyway.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Ok, let me try again. Ray Stevenson?

Better!

I don't really mind them slimming down for the role a bit, as most superhero actors are slimmer than their comic book counterparts anyway.

Archived