Deadpool v SkullpoopL: Dawn of Spoilers

Bastard of Boston

11 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

.....You know how Batman can be utterly hilarious BECAUSE he can remain so extremely serious in funny situations? That's Cable. He is extremely serious.

Ah gotcha. Yeah then the Rock would be a terrible idea. I figured he was more similar to Deadpool. Stevenson might not work either.

4 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

But it's not like you need much range to play Cable. Cable is insanely emotionally repressed.

He didn't need any range for Avatar either and he was still absolutely dreadful in it.

On 5/28/2016 at 10:12 AM, polishgenius said:

Lang's character was the only worthwhile thing about Avatar, you lame-o.

The effects were the only worthwhile thing about Avatar. Rehashed plot, uninspired performances, tired old tropes, etc, etc. The quality of the 3d was the only thing that set it apart, and that lost its' sheen long before the end of the film.

I feel like I'm in the middle on Lang. Sure, Avatar as a whole was shit. His performance was not that special all in all, but in that whole bore of a movie at least Lang looked like he was having some fun :) 

On 27/05/2016 at 8:49 PM, Rhom said:

I think of Cable as being much bigger than Hamm.  I feel like someone with some mass is required.

Yeah, but is Perlman much bigger than Hamm? A bit, perhaps, but not as much as you might think. Whoever they cast would likely have to either be bulked up artificially, or be greatly slimmed down from comics-Cable.

Cable is older and grizzled, yeah, but being the son of Scott and Madelyn he's not going to be some ugly mug [sorry Perlman, I love yah, just not for this role] nor is he in the comics. He's just older. And big. I care about who they cast, sure, but... much less than I care about how they're going to tie him in.

Cable has yet to be introduced via the film franchise. He's not a small player, his overall power is ridiculous [like deus ex material] and his lineage and history are complicated. I loved Deadpool, but how Cable's inclusion will be handled by the 4th wall breaking and relatively silly Deadpool mold without diminishing Cable's gravitas and possible import to the X-franchise as a whole has me quite curious. 

• 2 weeks later...

We interrupt this Cable casting fanboy fap fest to bring you this guy's two cents on the Blu-Ray of the actual film.You know, the one that exists in real life right now. (Chika-Chikaaah)

The Blu-Ray is a great print with good sound and extras that are mighty. You get a solid 1hr 20min documentary that includes too little of Fabian Nicieza & Joe Kelly. Also there are trailers and Net promos, of which there were way more than I was aware of, plus your standard deleted scenes (which were good and reveal two big plot changes made through editing), and your standard gag reel which they tacked on a bunch of alternate lines TJ Miller & Reynolds ad-libbed. (Ryan Reynolds called Gina Carano everything from Kevin Sorbo to Chris Angel.)

Commentary by the director along with Rob Liefeld was a snooze fest, and I skipped around. However, the commentary with Ryan Reynolds and the two writers was good. They talked a lot about stuff cut from the script as well as the whole process of getting the movie made, including a great anecdote about the best Stan Lee cameo of all time, Kanye. All.Time. One of the funniest moments on the commentary was totally ironic though. Reynolds and the writers, who were recording the commentary 9 days prior to the film's release, praise Fox Studios for graciously allowing them to have an R and not a PG-13 rating because it's apparently showbiz scripture that a PG-13 rating always makes more money. Add that "fact" to the list of Poolboy's casualties. 

• 1 month later...

Huh, so no one wanted to ever talk about the bluray? It took the ridiculousness of Kyle Chandler's name as cable to cause someone to dig this thread up? Eh. Let the Cable Casting Call recommence...

Arnold or Sly get my vote. Gotta be someone larger than life that can pull off pouches and shoulder pads on the costume.

On 8/13/2016 at 5:37 AM, The BlackBear said:

Two names being considered for Cable and Domino:

Kyle Chandler and Mackenzie Davis, I'll let you guess which way around.

http://screenrant.com/deadpool-2-kyle-chandler-cable-domino/

I'm not sure I see Kyle as Cable... Maybe if I see a photo where I can barely see his puny feet and where he's wearing clothes with 37 pockets, then I'll believe it.

• 2 months later...

Tim Miller is out as a director of Deadpool 2 due to creative difference with Ryan Reynolds. The difference is Miller wanted to be more stylized and Reynolds wanted to keep more as a comedy.  Miller also wanted Kyle Chandler as Cabel and Reynolds, who has final say on casting, did not want.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/report-director-tim-miller-quits-deadpool-2-over-issue-1788103846

Archived