Deadpool v SkullpoopL: Dawn of Spoilers

Bastard of Boston

That was pretty damn good. Deadpool will probably become the highest grossing movie to be released in the month of February.

Even with the R rating? I'm not from the US so not sure it means teens can see it with an adult or not? In the UK 15/18 means you have to be that age. While it appeals to me I can see it really appealing to 12+ year olds too.

Anyway it has a good chance of being the highest grossing R-rated film to be released in February :)

Looks great!! So glad they decided to go R.

Was that Colossus?

It is, which probably means DOFP has allowed the X franchise to do what the hell it wants from this point forward. Hopefully they have a "loose" plan if they want a shared universe.

If the entire film matches the tone of the promo work this is going to be a breath of fresh air for the superhero genre - which I guess is what the Deadpool comics were at the time.

Love it (only seen the red band,) seems to be the one they showed at the con (but presumably more polished.) I didn't catch what he called Skrein in that version, Posh Spice :lol:

It is, which probably means DOFP has allowed the X franchise to do what the hell it wants from this point forward. Hopefully they have a "loose" plan if they want a shared universe.

If the entire film matches the tone of the promo work this is going to be a breath of fresh air for the superhero genre - which I guess is what the Deadpool comics were at the time.

Well this looks to me to be set in more modern times, with the main X-Movies looking to be set in the 80's for now, so Colossus would still be around at this kind of time, it doesn't actually contradict his appearance in X-Men 3 (although of course plenty of other things do.)

It does look good. I support this.

Even with the R rating? I'm not from the US so not sure it means teens can see it with an adult or not? In the UK 15/18 means you have to be that age. While it appeals to me I can see it really appealing to 12+ year olds too.

Anyway it has a good chance of being the highest grossing R-rated film to be released in February :)

The highest grossing February release of all time is an R-rated movie, so the records are one and the same. Its 50 Shades of Grade, with $166 million domestic, $569 million worldwide. Deadpool is Marvel, but I think it'll have trouble passing those milestones.

ETA: I'm an idiot who can't read charts. The highest grossing February release of all time is in fact an R-rated movie, but its the Passion of the Christ with $370 million domestic and $611 million worldwide.

That's a terrible release date. Jan-March is when the studios dump everything they either have no confidence in or are convinced it sucks. Despite how fun that trailer looks it makes me wonder what's going on. 

That's a terrible release date. Jan-March is when the studios dump everything they either have no confidence in or are convinced it sucks. Despite how fun that trailer looks it makes me wonder what's going on. 

Well, it is an R rated comic book movie, a summer release would probably be risky too.

February / March is also usually the release date of many awesome independant and low budget movies... 

I reckon it makes sense to put a cult film out in a quiet slot. Less competition. If Deadpool was out the same time as Cap:Civil War it would suffer (initially) as most people would go for that. But at a time of year where at best you're getting Oscar contenders it's ok. I don't really understand why some release dates work better than others - with the exception of holidays I can't see why I wouldn't go to the cinema one month over any of the others. If anything I'm more likely to go in winter.

Archived