Deadpool v SkullpoopL: Dawn of Spoilers

Bastard of Boston

Disappointed Deadpool didn't turn to the audience and say "Hey you! Yeah, you with the blurry camera filming this at Comic-Con! ... Why don't you try wiping the sticky fluids off that thing once in a while?

• 3 weeks later...

'Five time academy award viewer'

Please don't suck please don't suck.

I'm feeling optimistic about it. I get the impression Fox have finally went for a hands off approach with this and we'll get the closest to an indie superhero film since kick-ass (although I think James Gunns films have also been films of a personal nature too but GOTG is hardly indie)

Ryan Reynolds sort of deserves a good superhero film. It feels like there's only Chris Evans who's tried as many times as him (although Evans has always been great in his appearances)

Evans is pretty awesome. Between his silly phase in not another teen movie, him being the only redeemable part of ff, him killing it in Scott pilgrim and his work in snowpiercer I'm really looking forward to whatever he does next.

And he managed to make one of the most boring heroes conceptually into something awesome - his cap is really well done.

I wonder how they'll bridge Origins and this movie? Throw away line like the one in the trailer trailer? Or just ignore it completely, which, assuming it's placed in the X-Men chronology, I guess it has to unless it takes place in the 80's?

If it weren't the fact that Colossus appears in it, this movie could really just live in its own timeline/movie universe. Tonally, Deadpool doesn't fit with the other X-Movies. 

I wonder how they'll bridge Origins and this movie? Throw away line like the one in the trailer trailer? Or just ignore it completely, which, assuming it's placed in the X-Men chronology, I guess it has to unless it takes place in the 80's?

I think they can basically wank over it entirely thanks to DoFP. 

I think they can basically wank over it entirely thanks to DoFP. 

Yes and no. Yes, they can say the events in Origins never happened, so he was never given blade implants or sewed his mouth shut.

But timeline wise, Wade Wilson is still operating in the 80's before the Weapon X program (or whatever government black ops group that's behind his conversion in this timeline). Is the movie taking place in the 80's alongside Apocalypse (prior I assume) or "now" in 2015-ish?

Evans is pretty awesome. Between his silly phase in not another teen movie, him being the only redeemable part of ff, him killing it in Scott pilgrim and his work in snowpiercer I'm really looking forward to whatever he does next.

And he managed to make one of the most boring heroes conceptually into something awesome - his cap is really well done.

And dont forget Sunshine !!! People always forget Sunshine, and yet it is - for me - one of the three best movies I've ever seen !

Chris Evans was great in it !

I actually have trouble thinking of a bad role he's been in. Like you say, he has a rare gift of still being great in terrible films. It took a while for me to fully appreciate cap but by Winter Soldier I realised he'd succeeded in the unenviable job of making the straight-faced, clean living guy the most interesting of all the Avengers.

And dont forget Sunshine !!! People always forget Sunshine, and yet it is - for me - one of the three best movies I've ever seen !

Chris Evans was great in it !

It was his role in Sunshine that gave me a lot of confidence in him as Cap. That's one of the best military roles I've seen in sci-fi [spoiler] how he initially seems like your stereotypical grunt until you realise he's the most level-headed of them all and will do anything to make sure he succeeds. And Evans totally sells it by not being straight up hero or goon [/spoiler]

He was also really good in "losers" - another comic role and it shows he can do comedy and straight-faced equally well.  It actually makes me wonder of what he'd really be capable of it wasn't for his love of comic adaptations. I read a great interview with him once where he explained his attraction to comic adaptations - it wasn't that he was a fan of the comics but he felt they were so good at allowing him to visualise the world the characters existed in.

I know his goal is to retire from acting and go into directing. I hope he'll maybe star in the odd thing maybe one of his own but it might also be cool if Marvel let him have a stab at directing one of their films down the road.

But yeah, Ryan Reynolds looks like he may get the chance to knock one out the park too :)

EDIT: I just realised I watched a 4 minute Fantastic Four trailer in order to see the 10 second Deadpool appearance at the end of it. It's glaring how much of a void exists between the buzz handling of both films. Even Fox recognise this by using Deadpool to generate interest in it.

On the bright side it seems like Doom will actually look like Doom though.

Archived