[SPOILERS] Black Sails - Season 4 on the Horizon.

Arkash

11 minutes ago, red snow said:

Too soon? It might also be a (battlestar galactica spoilers)

Hidden Content

By first thought when I saw the island inhabitants was:

Spoiler

Oh, God, not Dead Man's Chest scenario! I was already having images in my mind of Flint as some weirdly painted god-king, while the rest of the crew, except for Turner Silver, languishes in a round cage made of bones.

17 hours ago, -Ghost- said:

2 hours ago, Veltigar said:

I do hope they'll have a role for the Man-of-war though. I would really be bummed out if they lost that ship. I feel like it's part of the mythos already. 

I'm guessing the Man-of-war will be Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge. It felt like it was hinted at when Blackbeard asked about the ship when arriving in Nassau.

One interraction I'm really looking forward : Teach and Rackham ! 

I hope Blackbeard will start respecting Jack and understand that he's what pirates need to be in the changing world rather that the old-fashioned cranky grandpa he is !

3 hours ago, -Ghost- said:

I look forward to any scene with Jack. He's very smart and sneaky. I think he can get over quite well, especially if he gets Anne back.

I do like how they show his weakness though which is he's not a leader. It's exactly like Blackbeard said, Jack needs a leader to enforce his ideas. This was shown really well this season when Jack gave his speech about defending the island. The words were clever but he had no presence/authority behind them. The actor actually did a great job delivering that scene because the words should have inspired but he had to make them fall flat.

I agree with the idea that Jack is some kind of missing link between pirates and city boys/big business.

Jack has enough qualities to be a leader, he just needs to make better use of his muscle: Anne Bonny. I would love to see her character play a larger role. I'm really hoping the show adds Mary Read at some point. My fear is Max may be taking her spot.

I am sincerly confident Mary Read will appear in the second half of the season, it would be the perfect time to introduce her.  

Another character I'd like to see (even if it's a come back, not a first introduction) : Abigail ! I really wish to see her return to the story :

When was Max's death foreshadowed this season? I am honestly drawing a blank. I agree max and Mary Read both being in the show would be redundant. I'm also curious as to speculation of Max and Silver getting together on the show eventually since, according to Treasure Island, Silver's wife was a "woman of colour".

I'm inclined to think that the tribal people on the island are escaped slaves, maroons. I dont think they're supposed to be Arawak or Carib indians.

I love that they kept it real and had Blackbeard going into battle with a gazillion guns, now the only thing missing is him tying burning matches to his hair. And of course a reference to that time he shot his first mate Israel Hands in the knee just for laughs... 

Black-beard, without any Provocation, privately draws out a small Pair of Pistols, and cocks them under the Table, which being perceived by the Man, he withdrew and went upon Deck, leaving Hands, the Pilots, and the Captain together. When the Pistols were ready, he blew out the Candle, and crossing his Hands, discharged them at his Company; Hands, the Master was shot thro’ the Knee, and lam’d for Life; the other Pistol did no Execution. – Being asked the meaning of this, he only answered, by damning them, that if he did not now and then kill one of them, they would forget who he was.

2 hours ago, Arkash said:

Okay, I'm not saying anything more until you guys have seen it, but another tremendous episode ! That series is on fire ! 

I've just watched it, too, and I see what you did there.:P

But, yes, another great episode. I can see the twists coming, whatever they may be.

I love it when the writers include actual historic events. Vane and Blackbeard together can only get better.

So much for the Max and Silver speculation. I think we have another contender for Mrs. Long John. The reveal at the end of the episode with a certain character was very well done. It makes that character much more interesting and their motivations much clearer.

Haha, Rackham being Rackham again. He's such a loveable rogue. Very good convo between Jack and Anne regarding their future.

Flint's convos with Silver were once again very interesting. I love how they are becoming very dependent on one another.

This episode was great, it felt more focused now that there are only two locations to cover, the island and Nassau.

I had several fistpumping moments:

* The islanders were indeed maroons.

* Ben gunn in his younger, happier days.

* Rackham shooting the "solicitor" at the gate

* Rackham having " a last cigar" with Vane.

* Vane and Blackbeard fighting in the streets.

* Another reference for us Pyrate historians: when Blackbeard asks Vane if "he's ever done this before" when they are lighting that fire it references this I think : 

One time he took his entire crew below deck and light a huge brimstone fire to see who could take being cooped up with all the smoke the longest.  Blackbeard won.

*The Mr Scott reveal. I can't remember if there was any foreshadowing for it, he seems to have been playing this game for a long time. Are the Maroons the people from the slaveship in season 1?

All in all I think they are doing a great job showing the different factions that were active during this time, and after the Fiasco that was Ed Lowe, I am glad to see them adhering to the historical facts a little more closely.

Archived