TitanCon Belfast ~ Sat 26 Sept 2015 ~ with Game of Thrones guests and Joe Abercrombie

Squweeee    I was starting to think we may have to Kidnap you.   after all a Con without Pod,  would be like a friendship without any hugs con without disasters.

Fixed that for you.

I just looked at 2 out of the 3 size charts, one does not come up, and the sizing is dramatically different in the 2 charts.

The first chart says a woman's XL is 19" wide,  the 3rd chart says a woman's XL is either 19" wide for the ring-spun, or 24" wide for the other woman's shirt.

My Gildan Sasquan XL woman's shirt is 22" wide.

Do we know which chart is correct?   If the 1st chart is correct, I'll get a man's L, even if it's too long.

If it were last year's t-shirts which were the Gildan soft-style, I would say that both charts were right, in that the ladies soft-style/ringspun was 19", as they did tend to run small, or smaller than people were expecting. This year, however, we're using a different Gildan tee, the Gildan heavy cotton and as I don't have any to hand I've gone on a google for size charts, and they're all telling me different things. Some say they're 18.5", another says it's 23.5" and another it's 22" and another still it's 19". So, yeah. Another thing on my list of things to do for tees this year - take measurements.

I can tell you that the men's tee in Large I got last year is 22".

We do tend to order a few spares so if you order a size and it doesn't fit, I'll do my level best to swap you to something that does fit. I know that's not a helpful answer, and I'm sorry for that, but unfortunately it's the best I've got right now.

A bit last-minute, but I'm in on this.

I'll fly over Friday lunchtime. Any plans for the Sunday evening? Getting dropped off at the airport after the coach tour is very convenient, time-wise, but I can come back on the Monday instead if a few people are hanging out?

I'll fly over Friday lunchtime. Any plans for the Sunday evening? Getting dropped off at the airport after the coach tour is very convenient, time-wise, but I can come back on the Monday instead if a few people are hanging out?

There are always people hanging on. 

Last year, Sunday night was great, involving as it did, obscene songs and spying games...

pfft,  I'm not sure we will let Wert join our Sunday night shenanigans.  Unless of course he knows the word for Sausage in an obscure language.

Traditionally we don't stop having fun until at least Monday.  there is normal quiet a crowd in the lobby bar all Monday, gradually getting smaller.

I think this year we have record amounts staying till Tuesday with some kind of exploit trip planned for Monday for a few intrepid souls.

eta,   Make sure to ask for Coach Fun.      Coach 2 sucks.

Although I hear the tour guide on coach one is a bit crap and ill-informed.

I think probably most of us will still be around on Sunday evening - I've heard Titancon described as a one-day convention spread over three days.

Are you flying from Stansted?

Yup, via EasyJet as apparently Ryanair don't do Belfast any more.

I remember it being nice and easy when we flew in to Belfast City for the first moot on Ryanair. Belfast International isn't all the inconvenient either but it's still further away.

If you're heading over Friday lunchtime then I suspect we may be on the same flight again. Is it the 12:45 flight?

I haven't been able to book anything yet. Every time I try to transfer money from Santander to PayPal it blocks my account. Until it's fixed I can't book the con tickets (long-suffering sigh).

More like a 4 day convention these years, Friday through Monday for most spods.

Yeah the Monday plans are changing somewhat as the Coffee Tree is actually closed on Mondays atm. Not sure what we're doing now but *shrugs* we'll figure it out. :)

ICE CREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM! I take it Monday won't be swapping with Friday then?

eta,   Make sure to ask for Coach Fun.      Coach 2 sucks.

COACH TWO IS NOT RIGHT!

THE COACH IN THE NORTH! THE COACH IN THE NORTH! THE COACH IN THE NORTH!

Archived