The Walking Dead Season 6 [Comic Spoilers]

kairparavel

Carry on.

I felt there was to much toying and almost trolling of viewers with respect to Glenn and Daryl. I also felt there were to many things going on at once. You can go for episodes without seeing members of the Grimes gang but you got them all last night. And yeah, Morgan's newfound zen needed more in-episode explanation. Not everyone stays up to watch the show that explains the show.

Yeah Morgan becoming a ninja was a bit much, would have rather he just out gunned the wolves at the beggining but I guess he doesn't kill humans anymore :rolleyes:

Daryls triple kill with that chain made me laugh out loud. Honestly a lot of the stuff made me laugh like Petes whole character

Yeah Morgan becoming a ninja was a bit much, would have rather he just out gunned the wolves at the beggining but I guess he doesn't kill humans anymore :rolleyes:

Daryls triple kill with that chain made me laugh out loud. Honestly a lot of the stuff made me laugh like Petes whole character

Yeah the entire episode was ridiculous. Shame on me for thinking this show could be consistently mediocre.

Gabriel leaving the gate open led to big laughs

And no one noticed because they had to go to the Big Meeting. But Rick notices... And then conveniently runs into and fights all the walkers that got in (apparently to play hide and seek). Zombie killing with a license plate was also chuckle worthy. As was Nick's bewildered expression at Glenn's disappearance following getting shot. He should have looked up into the trees for good measure.

She decided to dig a massive hole and cuddle in it with all her buddies instead of manning the tower.

That was my biggest WTF moment.

The 3-for-1 chain kill, license plate kill, Glenn even considering following Nicholas (let alone actually following him) and Pete slashing Reg's throat...all were eye-roll moments for me.

I think the hype of the episode made the episode less enjoyable...but if I try to look at it objectively...it was a good episode.

Glad we don't have any major cliffhangers...and apparently we're setup well for the first half of Season 6 with the Wolves.

So who left the note in the car that Aaron read? It doesn't seem like it could be left by someone who waited the walkers out and encountered the 'bad people'...how does that happen? ...trap sprung, run to car, waited for hours, Wolves (bad people) show up, lure walkers into trailers with cleaver noise & lights, get out of car to thank their heroes, realize they are bad people, say "hold on", write a note warning the next people who will fall for this trap and stuff it between seat & console...???

Or could similar notes have been left by the woman who Daryl & Aaron found tied to the tree? But the Wolves didn't find that note?

Yeah, that was bad. Liked the car door head crush though.

The episode was fine. Makes a change from it not being a "super awesome bloodbath" again. There were lots of idiotic moments but I just roll with it.

The Morgan tease is the season's biggest crime. Make him a regular, already or have him in the spin-off. He's a classic case of an actor making a character shine. The look on his face when he saw Rick and realised the world maybe doesn't need him was great. The implication that he might put Rick on a slightly nobler path was also full of promise. Besides Carl no-one really knows what Rick was like beforehand.

Funny how folk were calling for Morgan as Negan. I'd say there's more chance of him being Jesus now. The showrunners were also very diplomatic in not having the Survivors or Negan's gang turn up in Alexandria in the finale. We were all wrong. Let the debate continue next season.

The season was very consistent for me. I'm pleased we didn't spend too much time on split narratives but I've been over why they could drop that format once they hit Alexandria.

I shared this in the other thread but nobody was interested. Maybe this thread will be...

carol:

i am not the fan of her character that so many people are. when she threatened dr. pete the world was cheering for her. look at this formerly abused woman taking charge of the situation. look at her putting this piece of shit in his place. you go, girl. yay!

those sentiments are easy to understand. however, i thought a lot deeper into it. she is a master manipulator. she knew that she was harassing dr. pete and inciting him into something. she knew he would respond in some manner. carol was perfectly prepared to stab him to death if what was incited was an attack on her person.

i would guess she hoped he would go after rick...and well we see how that played out. rick saves the day. everyone realizes dr. pete is a cock, blah blah.

but, what if dr. pete had instead killed his wife or children? how about deanna's hubby being collateral damage to the thing she helped into motion? well that means nothing to her. what else means nothing to her is if tara dies by not having dr. pete around. this person she rolled with in the wild is on her own. also who doesn't matter is anyone else that dr. pete could possibly help as a doctor.

she is intensely selfish, manipulative and almost entirely without a conscience. she does in fact care for rick, carl, maggie, glen and darryl. but, the rest of the crew is too new to the scene. they are all expendable to her.

this is a women who decided she knew what was best regarding a flu outbreak at the prison and murdered innocent people in attempt to quell the disease. spoiler alert, people still got it and died.

she was also the one who shot and killed a child. sure, the kid was murderous, but she took on the whole thing a little too easily.

carol, was ready to kill noah when he robbed her and darryl. once more she was wiling to kill a kid.

let us not also forget her threats against the child in alexandria. she truly would have taken the boy into the woods and left him in the dead of night to keep her small circle of compatriots safe.

she is far more damaged by the apocalypse than rick ever could be. he is rash and violent, but in the end he is inclusive. between the end of civilization and being reborn in it without her own abusive husband she has become something that is not to be cheered for but to be feared. not only did the new world shape her, but the old. the combination has created someone i personally would not want to be near.

just my thoughts on the character.

I shared this in the other thread but nobody was interested. Maybe this thread will be...

carol:

i am not the fan of her character that so many people are. when she threatened dr. pete the world was cheering for her. look at this formerly abused woman taking charge of the situation. look at her putting this piece of shit in his place. you go, girl. yay!

those sentiments are easy to understand. however, i thought a lot deeper into it. she is a master manipulator. she knew that she was harassing dr. pete and inciting him into something. she knew he would respond in some manner. carol was perfectly prepared to stab him to death if what was incited was an attack on her person.

i would guess she hoped he would go after rick...and well we see how that played out. rick saves the day. everyone realizes dr. pete is a cock, blah blah.

but, what if dr. pete had instead killed his wife or children? how about deanna's hubby being collateral damage to the thing she helped into motion? well that means nothing to her. what else means nothing to her is if tara dies by not having dr. pete around. this person she rolled with in the wild is on her own. also who doesn't matter is anyone else that dr. pete could possibly help as a doctor.

she is intensely selfish, manipulative and almost entirely without a conscience. she does in fact care for rick, carl, maggie, glen and darryl. but, the rest of the crew is too new to the scene. they are all expendable to her.

this is a women who decided she knew what was best regarding a flu outbreak at the prison and murdered innocent people in attempt to quell the disease. spoiler alert, people still got it and died.

she was also the one who shot and killed a child. sure, the kid was murderous, but she took on the whole thing a little too easily.

carol, was ready to kill noah when he robbed her and darryl. once more she was wiling to kill a kid.

let us not also forget her threats against the child in alexandria. she truly would have taken the boy into the woods and left him in the dead of night to keep her small circle of compatriots safe.

she is far more damaged by the apocalypse than rick ever could be. he is rash and violent, but in the end he is inclusive. between the end of civilization and being reborn in it without her own abusive husband she has become something that is not to be cheered for but to be feared. not only did the new world shape her, but the old. the combination has created someone i personally would not want to be near.

just my thoughts on the character.

I completely agree. I find it difficult to stomach all the Carol love (there was previously a lot of it in the other thread). To me, she is no different from Shane. The fact that she killed those two people at the prison, and no one seems to give a fuck, is completely unbelievable.

I would like to see her character killed off for good, as her character arc seems done to me. I can't see any other development out of her, other than continuing to be a bad person.

This seems a little like you're twisting things to fit your preconceived notion, especially this part. The very scene itself or the next one where she confesses to Tyreese and gives him a gun to kill her if he so wished shows that she didn't take the whole thing a little too easily.

I don't think Carol is necessarily a bad guy but she's definitely only a good guy because she's on Rick's side. She's a stone cold killer but she's also very protective of her group - her family.

Even her actions toward Pete - both telling Rick they need to kill him and then goading him into action - were done because she found herself growing attached to that one kid despite her best attempts at scaring him off (because when Daddy is the bogeyman, the lady who bakes cookies but says nasty things is nothing in comparison).

The fact that she killed those two people at the prison, and no one seems to give a fuck, is completely unbelievable.

Maybe they simply haven't told anyone? Considering how bad the epidemic got and that literally hours after it ended the Governor attacked and the group spend weeks separated from each other only to meet up in a train car where cannibals were going to try to kill and eat them.. with all the death and destruction they'd faced in the past several weeks maybe those two extra dead bodies were just basically irrelevant. Tyreese forgave her and he was the only person alive who seemed at all close to those two, so again this just seems to be picking out little details to fit your preconceived notion.

I think Carol is one of the most captivating characters on television and while I have expected her to die in basically every season so far, I'm glad she hasn't.

I don't think Carol is necessarily a bad guy but she's definitely only a good guy because she's on Rick's side. She's a stone cold killer but she's also very protective of her group - her family.

She has essentially been pushing Rick and co for a bloody coup of Alexandria for the second half of this season. If it wasn't for Michonne, I think that Rick would have listened, and a bunch of Alexandrians would have been murdered as a result. I don't think her status as a bad person should be in question at all.

She has essentially been pushing Rick and co for a bloody coup of Alexandria for the second half of this season. If it wasn't for Michonne, I think that Rick would have listened, and a bunch of Alexandrians would have been murdered as a result. I don't think her status as a bad person should be in question at all.

I don't find myself with any sympathy towards the Alexandrians who are basically all accomplices to the deaths of a lot of people. From Nicholas and Aiden abandoning their people at the first hint of trouble to the construction crew abandoning their people at the first hint of trouble to Deanna ignoring a violent abuser in their midst because it's just easier that way, the only way the Alexandrians were going to wake up is via murder. Luckily for them, it was Pete murdering Reg.

And I think Carol's status as a bad person is in question, or else we wouldn't be having this conversation. She's not Shane, if she were she'd have ditched Tyreese and Judith and let them die. Instead she protected them and then worked her ass off to rescue and reunite them with their family. That's not a bad person, that's just a person who doesn't give a shit about anyone unless they're part of her group.

What in carol's history makes us think she is bluffing when threatening the boy?

Not a damned thing. This kids knowledge threatened her small circle of friends. You bet she would have killed him.

All collateral damage is acceptable to her.

(Glad we are having this conversation. I was worried I wrote a giant post for no reason. )

What in carol's history makes us think she is bluffing when threatening the boy?

Not a damned thing. This kids knowledge threatened her small circle of friends. You bet she would have killed him.

All collateral damage is acceptable to her.

(Glad we are having this conversation. I was worried I wrote a giant post for no reason. )

Who said anything about her bluffing? I said that her scary words were not as scary as the kid's father who he's actually seen do damage, so to that kid Carol with her threats is still preferable to the alternative. And she clearly started to feel attached to the kid, or she wouldn't have gone to such lengths to try to protect him. When Rick and Pete were fighting the kid goes directly to her to hide behind her. Not his mom, but Carol and Carol kind of tries to shield him (I think, it was a quick cut).

She would have killed the kid, yes, but then time passes and she started to form enough of a bond with him that she started trying to protect him.

I don't find myself with any sympathy towards the Alexandrians who are basically all accomplices to the deaths of a lot of people. From Nicholas and Aiden abandoning their people at the first hint of trouble to the construction crew abandoning their people at the first hint of trouble to Deanna ignoring a violent abuser in their midst because it's just easier that way, the only way the Alexandrians were going to wake up is via murder. Luckily for them, it was Pete murdering Reg.

Ok, but let's not forget that they still let Rick and co, who were on the verge of starvation or dehydration or both, into Alexandria. That's a pretty big good deed that Carol was willing to forget about so that she could murder them and take what they were already offered freely.

Rick's group is big enough that they probably could have influenced the way that Alexandria was run without a bloody coup. Sure, it didn't happen, but that isn't what we are arguing about. Carol wanted it to happen.

Archived