The Walking Dead Season 6 [Comic Spoilers]

kairparavel

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

My thoughts exactly! 

Carl is obviously being set up as the John Connor of the Walking Dead universe though. 

Agreed the offspring of Richonne would indeed be strong with the force. And Hardwick also mentioned the John Connor analogy on Talking Dead, but TWD CORAL would totally destroy T2 John Connor. If Eddie Furlong is still alive they should cast him as one of Negan's men just so Carl can kill him when he infiltrates the Saviors' base.

15 hours ago, CyanidePie said:

Yes, that's why they're clearly marked for those who have read the comics and those who haven't. Although the bit about the S5 Finale should probably be taken out. 

Wow, I am glad I didn't get spoiled on anything then! Thinking I need to slow down when reading these titles.

Really good episode. The show is finally picking up some momentum rather than being caught up in the groundhog day episodes of the last 16 episodes.

I was expecting the infamous meeting with Lucille to be the end of the episode but that might come later (can't remember in the comics whether Rick had a macho meet with the Saviours only to discover he'd massively underestimated them). It's quite tense for Glen at the moment although given the amount of (surprisingly good) screentime with Abraham I've a strong feeling he's going to be the one who meets Lucille. A bit like how they swapped Tyreese out for Hershel in the Tank episode. It would probably make more sense. If Negan wants to prove a point he takes out an alpha male and while we know Glen is hard as nails, at a glance Abraham wins hands down in terms of size. I get the impression Glen is one of those characters Kirkman regrets killing off and we've seen how the tv often corrects decisions from the comics eg Rick's hand. It's not to say he's immune from death but it would be interesting for him to die in another scenario,

Gregory should be interesting as the actor playing him is always very good. I'm pleased they made this casting decision as Gregory could otherwise be a bit tedious.

Despite the deaths. I can't wait to see the group get knocked down a few pegs. Far too confident and arrogant to assume they can take the saviours down. It's surprising given their experience and the utter lack of intel they have.

6 hours ago, Morpheus said:

They started early with the Maggie/Gregory relationship, makes me wonder anew if Glenn will in fact die, the whole purpose of them sparring is to end with Maggie as leader of Hilltop, and the motivation for her to go there is losing Glenn.

Maggie said "it will cost us something" which I thought was kind of telling. Plus all the sweet baby stuff makes the death even harder on viewers. 

Abe will die too. His new found love for Sasha and the shift set up with Eugene make it plausible. 

Where was Carol? I must have missed where she went off to. They mentioned the her cookies. 

4 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Maggie said "it will cost us something" which I thought was kind of telling. Plus all the sweet baby stuff makes the death even harder on viewers. 

Abe will die too. His new found love for Sasha and the shift set up with Eugene make it plausible. 

Where was Carol? I must have missed where she went off to. They mentioned the her cookies. 

Carol's probably off killing people for the greater good or running some black ops team for taking out Negan???

Hopefully we aren't getting a "Carol and Morgan stuck in a lift" episode anytime soon.

The actor playing Glen doesn't have any other work lined up yet so I'm hoping. It's a shame "chew" didn't become a full on show like originally intended - I hope the animation works though.

8 minutes ago, RumHam said:

After that episode I'm even more convinced it'll be Maggie. :(

Killing a pregnant woman on tv? Dam that would be dark.

I just hope it's not Meshawn. She's my favorite character, but we all know what happens to Rick's love interests.

34 minutes ago, sifth said:

Killing a pregnant woman on tv? Dam that would be dark.

I just hope it's not Meshawn. She's my favorite character, but we all know what happens to Rick's love interests.

Well Andrew Lincoln said what happened in the finale was the most disturbing thing the show has done. and we opened this half-season with a child being eaten. 

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Well Andrew Lincoln said what happened in the finale was the most disturbing thing the show has done. and we opened this half-season with a child being eaten. 

i didn't mind those kids being killed as much as I would have thought. They were just so dam unlikable.

You may have a point however, I'd be heart broken to see Maggie die like that though.

I'm sticking with Abraham but I'm probably biased by my general dislike of the character. Although it's entirely possible he's just one of the deaths coming up soon. That and I like Glen. It is an iconic death scene though so someone needs to be home-runned by Lucille.

It is amazing how redundant the show appears to have made their favourite character of late. Darryl could die and it wouldn't really impact the team dynamic much at all. Although it's bad news for Jesus as although the Daryl fans will be convinced he's been forced in as a replacement. Which was never the case in the comics.

11 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Obviously Glen meeting Lucille. 

We're more invested in Glen than we were in the little kid. But on paper I think kid being eaten by zombies while his mom watches and then is also eaten by zombies is worse than a grown man being brutally beaten to death. 

Though Negan really should take out two people. I mean the guy kills one person just to say hi, and Rick and his group are planning to attack him. 

Archived