The Walking Dead Season 6 [Comic Spoilers]

kairparavel

Gonna have to agree with the majority. Major let down for a finale. 

How are viewers supposed to believe that the Saviors are that organized yet they botched every move they made previously? Or are we supposed to believe that was intentional? 

JDM was the only high point of the episode apart from Carol not being Lucilled. 

I dunno. I would have said that they wouldn't wuss out and not kill a major character but now it wouldn't surprise me. They set it up for Eugene to be the chosen one. And he's made to be so pathetic that it would be sad to watch his head cave in. 

no matter who it is that died it really doesn't mean shit anymore because the impact it would have had is entirely lost now by their crappy decision to not show it. Thanks Gimple. 

I will say that it would be messed up if it was Daryl and they're both sitting on the TD like it's nothing. 

this is probably the most cynical show on tv right now. maybe ever. aside from the dangerous and misanthropic way it approaches human interaction (i can talk about this for hours but won't right now) it also treats its audience in the most cynical fashion possible. The extended finale is particularly egregious, as we all knew how the episode would end (ohhhh big bad Neagan bashes someone's head in, what FUN!!), and yet they found a way to prolong the filler until those final 5 minutes. Why was this 90 minutes? Strictly to sell ads. Fuck AMC and Fuck this show. 

I think cracks in the armor are showing. I know I've read somewhere that ratings are down this season. To me, a problem with this show is that it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. It's just one group of baddies after another after another. 

Caught the tail end of Talking Dead, which I don't normally watch. Kirkman and Gimple offering lame defenses-- "cliffhangers are cool"; "this isn't really a cliffhanger because it was about Rick, Negan is next season"-- and shameless shill Chris Hardwick praising the masterful episode and using a condescending tone to mock people calling it a stunt.

Everyone involved in this show, even tangentially, is apparently as big of an asshole as you'd imagine.

Probably Eugene based on him giving Rick his bullet making plans and that long drawn out cheesy goodbye with Abraham. Idk and I reallllly don't care...

Don't think there has been an episode of the show that has been so unanimously hated :lol:  Even people who non stop defend the show are shitting on it. Personally I don't think it's as bad as that atrocious season three finale (not that that's saying much) Just shocking how dumb the decision was to end it like that. 

I'm curious, did the producers confirm on Talking Dead or elsewhere that they've got the victim locked down and the actor knows they're dead? Or have they not committed to who it was yet.

The actors don't know who died, or at least they didn't at the time, not sure about now. I would not be surprised if the producers had not decided at that point. I am sure that scene was much more intimidating for the actors than it was for the audience, not knowing who was out of a job.

3 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Caught the tail end of Talking Dead, which I don't normally watch. Kirkman and Gimple offering lame defenses-- "cliffhangers are cool"; "this isn't really a cliffhanger because it was about Rick, Negan is next season"-- and shameless shill Chris Hardwick praising the masterful episode and using a condescending tone to mock people calling it a stunt.

Everyone involved in this show, even tangentially, is apparently as big of an asshole as you'd imagine.

Hardwick really is a shill. 

My guess would be Abraham, actually. Eugene was the red herring, but Abe got some big moments. He and Eugene came to an understanding and he gave Eugene respect. He expressed readiness for starting a family.

That said, who fucking cares? No one will by the time it starts up again. It will get leaked and we can shit on it all over again before S7 even begins. Glenn is obviously a possibility, but I think if they pull this same shit with him again it will really push some people over the edge.

45 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

My guess would be Abraham, actually. Eugene was the red herring, but Abe got some big moments. He and Eugene came to an understanding and he gave Eugene respect. He expressed readiness for starting a family.

That said, who fucking cares? No one will by the time it starts up again. It will get leaked and we can shit on it all over again before S7 even begins. Glenn is obviously a possibility, but I think if they pull this same shit with him again it will really push some people over the edge.

Agreed. At this point it would have to be Rick dying for anyone to care one iota. 

Abe was trying to "man up" when the bat was pointed at him and if they stick to what Negan's personality is supposed to be I doubt he would give Abe the satisfaction of being a martyr and going out like a hero. I still think it will be Glenn or possibly Eugene. But like you said, nobody will care. And we are coming to the most boring part of the comics, imo, so I'm not sure how they are going to keep viewers engaged other than bringing in new characters from the Kingdom. 

I have been an extremely devoted fan of this show for six years, but the finale was simply atrocious. I feel more insulated & cheated than the season 3 finale (oh my god, that was a misstep). ugh, why would they do that? it was bad. very bad & I'm sad to say it.

So, it was shit. But moving on from that,  are we to believe that was the entirety of Negan's crew out there on the roads/in the woods? Not a single woman left after the Carol-centric episode? 

Anyways, the idea that the showrunners left viewers in the lurch instead of withan emotional gut punch is complete cowardice among other things. And all the blahblah interviews with the cast about how emotional it was? To what, see JDM beat the shit out of a prop? Bah.

I believe it was Glenn. Here's my reasoning:

1) It has to be a major character. It can't be someone like Sasha or Rosita or Eugene that we won't care that much about. It has to be someone important enough to the audience and important enough to the group for that person's death to drive the narrative next season. Gimple basically made that clear on TTD afterwards. 

2) We know it's not Rick or Coral and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that "taking it like a champ" implies a male character. So that narrows it down to Abe, Eugene, Aaron, Darryl, or Glen. Of those five, only Darryl and and Glenn (in my opinion) qualify as important enough. I know a lot of people think it was Abe, but I think that's too obvious and I still don't see him as central enough to the group for his death to drive what happens next. I do think Abe is a goner next season, but he's gonna take a bunch of saviors with him. I think that's basically what he's there for. 

3) Another reason I'm thinking Darryl or Glenn is because of the way the beating was shown from the first person perspective of the person being beaten to death. At a few points earlier in the episode, they showed us that same perspective from the point of view of one of the prisoners from last week. I think the reason they did that is to give us a clue that the person being killed is one of the four. The four prisoners are Darryl, Glenn, Michonne, and Rosita. Rosita isn't important enough. It could be Michonne, but like I said earlier, I think it's a male character. So that leaves Darryl and Glenn.

4) Between Darryl and Glenn, I choose Glenn as the more meaningful death. Glenn is the one with a baby on the way and his death will have a major impact on Maggie and her character development going forward. But, more importantly, Glenn is one of the characters on the show that has really tried to retain his humanity. His entire character is about helping people. Four examples of that: 1) helping Rick escape the tank, 2) helping Tara escape the prison, 3) helping Nicholas learn how to survive (obviously didn't quite work out) and, 4) convincing Enid to come back to Alexandria. 

That's my argument. Take it or leave it. 

Archived