The Walking Dead Season 6 [Comic Spoilers]

kairparavel

9 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Probably Eugene based on him giving Rick his bullet making plans and that long drawn out cheesy goodbye with Abraham. Idk and I reallllly don't care...

Don't think there has been an episode of the show that has been so unanimously hated :lol:  Even people who non stop defend the show are shitting on it. Personally I don't think it's as bad as that atrocious season three finale (not that that's saying much) Just shocking how dumb the decision was to end it like that. 

I thought it was a pretty good episode, up until the cliffhanger. Fuck these guys. After the ridiculous Glenn fakeout earlier in the season, that ending just confirms the utter contempt Gimple and Kirkman have for their viewers. 

And yeah, speculation as to who met Lucille is largely pointless, as I'm pretty sure the producers haven't even made that decision yet.

1 hour ago, Pecan said:

3) Another reason I'm thinking Darryl or Glenn is because of the way the beating was shown from the first person perspective of the person being beaten to death. At a few points earlier in the episode, they showed us that same perspective from the point of view of one of the prisoners from last week. I think the reason they did that is to give us a clue that the person being killed is one of the four. The four prisoners are Darryl, Glenn, Michonne, and Rosita. Rosita isn't important enough. It could be Michonne, but like I said earlier, I think it's a male character. So that leaves Darryl and Glenn.

I like the POV theory, but it's not Glenn. If it was, then, without any doubt, we would have heard Maggie's screams. Definitely not Glenn.

ETA: But, really, who gives a fuck? These clowns just totally ruined one of the most iconic scenes from the comics. Fuck 'em all to Hell.

I don't think it's a female.

Negan seems somewhat squeamish about overt, brutal violence to females, and while the "taking it like a champ" could have something to do with a female, I still think it's a male and I think it is Glen.

The reasons why I think it's Glen and not Daryl, is that I think a long-running, hostile dynamic is being set up between Dwight and Daryl.

Also, a lot has been made of Maggie's becoming a leader, and unfortunately, she can't really, fully do that as long as Glen is in the picture.
It's kind of like how Ned Stark had to die for his children to walk the path they had to walk.

But yeah, and while I'm one that thought Gimple did bring a lot to the table, this stunt pissed me off, because now, I feel I'm being toyed with, or manipulated as a fan.

This was not the time for a "cliff hanger."

I'm pretty disappointed with that decision.  I've been making the joke "who did Negan beat to death at the end of the episode?  Season 8."  Although we couldn't get so lucky.  I actually realized though, and maybe in one of the earlier twenty pages of this thread this was mentioned but Rick's plan moving forward is heavily influenced by the fact that he legitimately believes the saviors have no guns and that if they play along for a while they'll be able to gain enough information to trap them and blow them all away.  The show pretty much said screw that and had the Saviors get ahold of the same kind of cache of military grade artillery that Rick and the gang have had all along.  I think that actually bothers me more at this point because that plan considering what the saviors have is pants on head retarded and it's most likely what show Rick will suggest.  

re: who got whacked

Rick's hubris needs punished and the only way to really hammer that home (ahem) is to lose a long-running member of the group - Michonne, Maggie, Glenn or Carl (definitely not going to be Carl). So it's totally going to be Abraham because the showrunners are wimps.

I'm still an episode behind after a holiday and hearing it's a cliffhanger.

episode 14 appeared to be guest directed by Kurt Sutter what with the silent charcater musical montage. I'd forgotten how much I don't miss them

Carol's car and adventures were similar in style and budget to a Mad Max Fury road fan-film.

Oh and the fake-out endings are just becoming tiresome. And I've yet to see the finale.

20 hours ago, Isis said:

Nice work on not getting spoiled yet :)

FB peripherals are always the most dangerous place.

Seen the dragged out final episode. I guess I just have to live with the characters' fluctuating levels of competence according to plot requirments but the van material was all pretty dumb.

I like the Carol thing in the ongoing crazy show message of "mercy is weak/stupid". I don't have to agree with it but can find amusement in this becoming the show's message.

Negan was a bit off to me. I don't think it's JDM's fault entirely although he is playing it far too sane at the moment. Part of the problem is the dialogue and lack of swearing. It doesn't really work simply editing out the F-word (which is the impression I got - I'm sure someone has checked definitively) as it leaves you with a crazy person who edits his language for no obvious reason. They really should have overhauled his dialogue entirely. Maybe this is why the actor's performance didn't feel right - they are going for TV Negan. It worked for the Governor so I'll have to wait and see with this one.

As for the final moments - the show really needs to rein-in the fakeouts and cliffhangers as it generally feels to me they use this to cover up weaker elements. They hope you like the episode because you talk about the ending and what happens next. It's a bit like how "lost" became lost when it focused on spiralling out of control mysteries and people who knew something were never asked to explain/they accepted them being vague.

I think the ending would have been just as effective as a cliff-hanger with us seeing who died as we could be left wondering whether he meant it. But my two main issues with the ending are as follows

1) I honestly don't care who it is unless it is Daryll. Michonne, Maggie or Glen (we all know it's not going to be Rick or Carl). The others are all bat fodder - I probably couldn't list them all here without checking an episode synopsis. There's only the comic book making me think there's a chance it could be any of the 4 I would care about. I know the show and comic are different entities but it's not great that Michonne or Maggie could die and their roles in the comic could essentially be replaced.

2) I don't beleive that the showrunners know who's dying. They've probably claimed they have but I think they've left the door open because i suspect at least two of the potentials are at a stage they may want to leave the show (Maggie and Daryll are both turning up in films these days and may be a good role away from jumping ship). So the ending gives them some flexibility. It would be funny if more than one actor leaves and then they'd simply have to kill another one at the start of next season.

I need to go away and have a think about what it is that makes me like some cliff-hangers/finales over others. I think it often boils down to the quality of the show overall. Weaker shows i tend to think are using it as a band aid. That or I'm becoming impatient as I get older.

I'll try and read back in the thread now it's safe to do so.

3 hours ago, red snow said:

2) I don't beleive that the showrunners know who's dying. They've probably claimed they have but I think they've left the door open because i suspect at least two of the potentials are at a stage they may want to leave the show (Maggie and Daryll are both turning up in films these days and may be a good role away from jumping ship). So the ending gives them some flexibility. It would be funny if more than one actor leaves and then they'd simply have to kill another one at the start of next season.

Apologies if this has been posted before, but apparently one of the Executive Producers doesn't know.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-walking-dead/news/a790035/the-walking-dead-exec-on-negan-cliffhanger-youll-be-out-of-your-misery-very-soon/

3 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Apologies if this has been posted before, but apparently one of the Executive Producers doesn't know.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-walking-dead/news/a790035/the-walking-dead-exec-on-negan-cliffhanger-youll-be-out-of-your-misery-very-soon/

As I thought. It's even lazier then as they've set up a death with no idea of the impact it will have. It doesn't suggest they need to make their minds up or it really is one of the disposable characters whose loss will have zero impact on the story, the cast and the viewer.

I do agree with others that it should be one of the captured people whose POV was hinted at throughout. That would fit Daryl best as he'd be a bit hazy from the bloodless and never really spoke in the episode. But why bother with logic - it's the same with "surely someone would have shouted out at the death blow" but the writers can say "selective hearing through head bashing"

7 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-walking-dead/news/a789740/the-walking-dead-season-7-negan-victim-reveal-hasnt-been-shot-yet/

They also haven't shot it yet, which means they could change it to anyone should they be so inclined.  Seems to go with my theory that they'll use this in contract negotiations seeing as AMC is dirt cheap.

It seems really counter-productive to have not shot the scene already, by the way.  You've got all the actors together on one set and you don't just film the fucking death scene, even if it won't air until later?  What a waste of time, especially for the actor that needs to come back to shoot one scene.

They mention the tiger in this interview as well, but Nicotero won't give a firm answer.  I have to imagine that Shiva will be cut because AMC won't want to pay for it.

The whole situation is weird. The cast members oft quoted comments would appear to indicate that if a death was not filmed, perhaps it was in the original script? Andrew Lincoln was late to work because he was so disturbed by the scene, Lauren Cohan was nauseated, the guy who plays Eugene threw his script across the room, Norman Reedus claims that members of the crew were crying when they arrived on set....none of this holds with what we saw. Even if you say the actors were approaching it in character and putting themselves in the headspace of their characters, or they were upset about a friends departure, even though they didn't know who, it still doesn't add up to the brutal end we were warned about.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2016 at 11:24 AM, ellstaysia said:

I have been an extremely devoted fan of this show for six years, but the finale was simply atrocious. I feel more insulated & cheated than the season 3 finale (oh my god, that was a misstep). ugh, why would they do that? it was bad. very bad & I'm sad to say it.

They sucked all the emotion out of one of the most emotional parts of the story.  We'll have the answer to who got Lucille'd sometime in August from set photos and what could have been shocking will be ho-hum.

This show was rolling along with no shelf-life and in one swift motion of stupidity basically guaranteed that it'll see it's end within a few years.  They lost a LOT of credibility with their audience and only made it worse with the lame ass reasons.

• 2 months later...
On 12/04/2016 at 8:27 PM, Morpheus said:

The whole situation is weird. The cast members oft quoted comments would appear to indicate that if a death was not filmed, perhaps it was in the original script? Andrew Lincoln was late to work because he was so disturbed by the scene, Lauren Cohan was nauseated, the guy who plays Eugene threw his script across the room, Norman Reedus claims that members of the crew were crying when they arrived on set....none of this holds with what we saw. Even if you say the actors were approaching it in character and putting themselves in the headspace of their characters, or they were upset about a friends departure, even though they didn't know who, it still doesn't add up to the brutal end we were warned about.

Maybe they were pissed off at  the cliffhanger stunt and not the actual character death?

I wouldn't even rule out there being an answer in the first episode - although I doubt they'd be so stupid after the backlash. Probably some BS time-skip where 3 of the characters are missing but we don't know what happened.

14 hours ago, red snow said:

Maybe they were pissed off at  the cliffhanger stunt and not the actual character death?

I wouldn't even rule out there being an answer in the first episode - although I doubt they'd be so stupid after the backlash. Probably some BS time-skip where 3 of the characters are missing but we don't know what happened.

I realllly hope they don't do that. They owe us closure immediately, I will be tuning out if they draw this out.

On a side note, I'm not sure how the Lucille moment made me feel. I know the show is violent etc and I know this is how Neegan works but watching it was utterly horrifying, for me at least. I mean really uncomfortable. Did it seem over done ? Too many hits etc ? Was that necessary ? 

On 7/14/2016 at 7:58 AM, red snow said:

I mean...AMC did line all of them and their friends and their coworkers up and basically tell them "one of you is fired, we'll tell you later. ".  I'd be pissed too :P

Or they just exaggerate. If what I'm told is true, this also happened for the last finale. 

Archived