[TWOW Spoilers] Alayne I, v. 2

Am I the only one who thinks this is not the full chapter? Usually the chapters end on some kind of cliffhanger, major or minor. It seems to me that Who's going to wear my favor?!! is not the actual ending, but rather the tournament and the 'controversial' part have been omitted. (I don't want to get on the bad side of the King of the Board, but the explanation for why this chapter was considered controversial was, well, unconvincing.)

When George stops hinting at it I'll stop posting about it.

I don't know if the chapter will include the whole tourney, but I agree it doesn't end with Sansa wondering about her favor.

Anyway, this chapter is all but controversial, it's just fun. It does hint at something both controversial and good for Sansa: Her first sex scene.

I know Turner said her scene was nothing like that, but after this chapter I can totally see Sansa banging Harry if she has to to make him fall in love with her, LF's been preparing her to do just that.

Unless Harry doesn't die in the tourney for our amusement, of course! XD

About the chronology: This is probably Sansa's first chapter, but I don't think it's early in the book.

Nobody's talking about Cersei, and it can't be because that's before the WoS as Sansa says its winter (even if it feels like autumn down in the Vale), so it must be something happening months after, so Cersei is no more as interesting as the tourney itself...

I think it is one of the Waynwood knights. If it is Ser Wallace than it would be a blow to those who think that Sansa's kindness is fading away. Roland seems to be more interested in her, and it would infuriate Horrible Harry even more, I think.

Somehow I begin to like Robert Arryn.

Because Uther Shett looks like utter shit. Which is the way he behaves.

My reading comp is utter shit. I got the shit bit, but Uther didn'y make sense lol, thought it was pronounced ooh-ther, not ut-her. Thank you.

Robin seems like Mad Aerys. Not good.

Well the cliffhanger is, who will wear Alayne's favor?

Mychel Redfort, which will piss off Mya.

Pretty good chapter. I was expecting a dragon to swoop down and eat everybody, but then that would have been too spoilery. I also don't think this is the controversial Sansa chapter that's being hyped. If you want to read those chapters, you'll have to buy the book.

About the chronology: This is probably Sansa's first chapter, but I don't think it's early in the book.

Nobody's talking about Cersei, and it can't be because that's before the WoS as Sansa says its winter (even if it feels like autumn down in the Vale), so it must be something happening months after, so Cersei is no more as interesting as the tourney itself...

This chapter was originally from ADWD, so I don't think it can be pushed that far into TWOW. The reason people aren't talking about Cersei, etc., is more likely to be because of its original placement.

Am I the only one who thinks this is not the full chapter? Usually the chapters end on some kind of cliffhanger, major or minor. It seems to me that Who's going to wear my favor?!! is not the actual ending, but rather the tournament and the 'controversial' part have been omitted. (I don't want to get on the bad side of the King of the Board, but the explanation for why this chapter was considered controversial was, well, unconvincing.)

When George stops hinting at it I'll stop posting about it.

What has George been hinting at?

The chapter is already 6700 words long, which is enormous. I don't think there's anything more to it.

I also don't think this is the controversial Sansa chapter that's being hyped.

Ran has already confirmed that this is indeed the chapter which he meant was going to be 'controversial' to some.

Also, the name of Uther Shett is simply amazing.

Epic!

I liked the chapter, it had a good flow and we got to see a more confident and grown up Sansa or should I say Alayne.

Well the cliffhanger is, who will wear Alayne's favor?

Consider it isn't meant to be taken so literally, like the ending to most chapters the meaning goes far deeper to the central character arc. Who wears Alayne's favour isn't important, the point is Harry isn't the one for her, that someone is still out there, and she will find him.

Hint, it's Sandor.

On the food, Sansa isn't going North and the food isn't for the North. Come Winter the North isn't going to need feeding, it's going to need an evacuation, of the sort not seen since Nymeria. Go figure there.

The food is the answer to Jaime's question as to how his father is going to feed the realm. Only Tywin is dead and it will be Jaime's problem, until Sansa solves it for him, mirroring Marge for similar PR gains.

To be fair, Aerys was paranoid. Everything Sweetrobin said was 100% true. Sweetrobin is a smart little boy.

Or someone has been in his ear, as LF was in Joff's.

Consider it isn't meant to be taken so literally, like the ending to most chapters the meaning goes far deeper to the central character arc. Who wears Alayne's favour isn't important, the point is Harry isn't the one for her, that someone is still out there, and she will find him.

Hint, it's Sandor.

That's what I think, too. Not meant to be taken literally, but that's how he likes to end chapters. The chapter before, near the begining was Sansa thinking of "another kiss" with Sandor, and then at the end, Littlefinger wants "another kiss" - he's very deliberate with his choice of words.

I put some possible new hints on the first page...

Harry the Horrible seems like he could be a fun character i hope he doesn't die so soon like so many think. I could easily see him becoming wrapped around Sansa's finger in time and her controlling the Vale through him.

Hopefully he's not as bad a fighter as they make it seem. I'd love to see the Vale finally leaving their mountains and marching somewhere with a strong leader and the Winged Knights.

Also,

I call forshadowing.

Yes. May your horse stumble ... things that Sansa thinks should happen often happen. She hopes that a "hero" would chop of Janos Slynt´s head f.x. She might not like it when it happens though.

Harry the Horrible seems like he could be a fun character i hope he doesn't die so soon like so many think. I could easily see him becoming wrapped around Sansa's finger in time and her controlling the Vale through him.

Hopefully he's not as bad a fighter as they make it seem. I'd love to see the Vale finally leaving their mountains and marching somewhere with a strong leader and the Winged Knights.

It´d be interesting. I think we will definitely see some action from the Vale.

Also, the Mouse is very interesting. The theory that he knows who Alayne is and plans to kidnap her doesn´t seem so far off:

“A good melee is all a hedge knight can hope for, unless he stumbles on a bag of dragons. And that’s not likely, is it?”

“I suppose not. But now you must excuse us, ser, we need to find my lord father. “

I really liked this chapter, but I felt like it was cut short in the end.

Anyway, nice character development for Sansa, we meet Harry the Heir, and the Mad Mouse definitely knows who Alayne really is (and it's safe to say that he's probably not the only one).

I don't know if it's a full chapter or not and I agree that it's certainly not "controversial". But I don't think that we can read too much into it. Just because Cersei isn't mentioned, well, neither is Margaery or Dany. What I think that we can glean from this is that Sansa/Alayne is done running and being afraid of the Lannisters. The old Sansa would have, on being called a "bastard", run to her room and cried and moped for days, Sansa/Alayne says "oh, you think I'm a bastard? I'll show you". But since it's such a small slice of the book I think that all we can really say is that Sansa has grown and LF is planning on using the Vale as his base of power. Oh, and Cersei's plan to use LF to bind the Vale to her is backfiring miserably.

Also, the Mouse is very interesting. The theory that he knows who Alayne is and plans to kidnap her doesn´t seem so far off:

“A good melee is all a hedge knight can hope for, unless he stumbles on a bag of dragons. And that’s not likely, is it?”

“I suppose not. But now you must excuse us, ser, we need to find my lord father. “

I think he knows who she is. I think it's great that his sigil is a white mouse with red eyes, like a weirwood. I'd like it if he has a connection to the North and that his plans aren't to necessarily bring her to Cersei to collect, but to help restore her to the North.

It was a good chapter. Littlefinger will have 8 more men to add to his collection of hostages.

My money is on Horrible Harry, Michael Redfort(although he is married?), Lyn Corbray, one of the Waynwoods and Lothor Brune as the winged knights. Harry will make it through the joust because LF bribes Harry's foes in the tourney(among them I suspect is the Ser Shadrick). The Mystery Knight tactic. The Redforts seem to be the last of the Lords Declarant still loyal to Bronze Yohn Royce, with his son as hostage to LF he will be less inclined to support Bronze Yohn.

I could see Sansa distributing food, but LF is straight up hoarding. As he clearly states, he's planning on bilking every last person for every Last penny as Winter arrives.

And Sansa already has an inkling about who will win in the tourney--Lyn Corbray.

Harry is doomed.

Lot of people are saying Sweetrobin is perceptive in understanding Harry's ambitions. But SR was raised by Lysa, most paranoid person in Westeros after Cersei. I'm sure Lysa would have fed her son with mistrust towards anyone who could overthrow his position in the Vale.

That said, I too felt pity for SR for the first time. His love for Alayne is truer than LF and Harry's.

Archived