small things that annoy you ?

TheLightning Lord

Indoor torches, especially in vaults and jails and windowless / chimneyless rooms or corridors. We see this with Varys in AGOT, for example, when he visits Ned in his cell, among many other instances throughout the books. Not exactly historically accurate in my book. It might be fantasy, but it's based on and inspired by history and realism, after all.

Real life medieval torches were mostly soaked in tar or bitumen or pitch. That stuff stinks to high heaven. Even more so when burning. Have you ever smelled burning tires? Yeah, it's similar to that, only worse. Now imagine you're in a closed room. Hmmm, delicious... Look at all the black smoke! Seriously, your eyes would be streaming with tears, you couldn't see anything. And first and foremost, you couln't breath properly and might even suffocate.

Also, a torch only burns for a small limited time, let's say half an hour. I'm wondering, who is constantly running around the castle corridors and cellars and dungeons to change these torches? And who is paying the money to put all these torches to waste?

Modern, more or less smokeless torches fueled with paraffin / kerosene weren't invented, yet. The stuff you see in movies is utter BS - born out of necessety to properly illuminate certain night scenes for the camera. In medieval times, there were no rows of torches lit on castle walls. And indoors, medieval people generally used candles, candles in lanterns and oil lamps.

X person isn't really dead or missing they must be Y. I'm tired of people not staying dead. If GRRM brings back all these dead/missing people I may be sick.

Well, there are already pretty much canon Jon and fAegon +Berric, Cat. Although we have a relatively big crew, this is still a lot. (I don't count wights).

-That everyone has to be a secret Targ.

-That no one can use the chamber pot without Littlefinger or Varys having plotted it and being there to wipe.

-That Bloodraven is responsible for everything.

-That everyone has to have a secret identity rather than being who they say they are.

-That Catelyn got ruined as a character with the Stoneheart arc.

why do threads get closed at 20 pages ?

if they reach like over 100 fair enough, but threads seem to reach 20 pages fairly quickly

Who even decided what numbers mean? I know I didn't get a vote. I think it ought to start with 7.

I mentioned this in the last thread but it's when I read that they are washing Dany's hair and then they brush it until its dry. You never, ever brush wet hair....you use a comb because hair is more elastic when it's wet and it's likely to break if you brush it. To brush it until it's actually dry....your arm would fall off it would take so long.

I mentioned this in the last thread but it's when I read that they are washing Dany's hair and then they brush it until its dry. You never, ever brush wet hair....you use a comb because hair is more elastic when it's wet and it's likely to break if you brush it. To brush it until it's actually dry....your arm would fall off it would take so long.

You're really bothered by this, aren't you? [emoji12] I didn't really pick up on this while reading but there are a few inconsistencies like this that I've only just realized after looking through these threads.

Archived