Casting, News, and Speculation while waiting on Season 5 (Book & Show Spoilers)

Lady Fevre Dream

Ok, since I never did get to finish reading the GRRM interview, I thought I'd post the link again.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/03/george-rr-martin-winds-date

Other than that, I will slowly look for things, but.....I'm lazy and will wait for everyone else to catch me up, HA!!

I'm convinced Trystane is Aegon which actually makes me kind of happy. Dorne needs to have a purpose on the show and it also means Jaime could essentially play the role of Jon Connington and means Varys would have an agenda again!

I'm convinced Trystane is Aegon which actually makes me kind of happy. Dorne needs to have a purpose on the show and it also means Jaime could essentially play the role of Jon Connington and means Varys would have an agenda again!

What convinced you?

The new pic? Maybe if his chest hair was like white or something lol. Even if he is Aegon, its just so different. He should look a lil Valyrion, I realize Jon doesnt but its important that Aegon does.If Aegon and Jon are basically the same(take after their mothers) Dany will react the same towards them it seems. I dont know, it would be weird to have a black haired Aegon. He should look the part but be fake, opposite of Jon.

''In one intriguing new wrinkle, Martin says he just came up with a big, revealing twist on a long-time character that he never previously considered. “This is going to drive your readers crazy,” he teases, “but I love it. I’m still weighing whether to go that direction or not. It’s a great twist. It’s easy to do things that are shocking or unexpected, but they have to grow out of characters. They have to grow out of situations. Otherwise, it’s just being shocking for being shocking. But this is something that seems very organic and natural, and I could see how it would happen. And with the various three, four characters involved… it all makes sense. But it’s nothing I’ve ever thought of before. And it’s nothing they can do in the show, because the show has already—on this particular character—made a couple decisions that will preclude it, where in my case I have not made those decisions.”

Jaime or Sansa possibly? Not sure about this one.

I know many are not looking forward to the Dorne storylines and expect it to be horrible and cliched but I have to admit, I'm really looking forward to visiting Dorne and meeting the people there. This picture really showcases how different it will be from anything else we've seen so far. And I do like the Martells so I'm waiting to see what D&D have for in store for us before I make my judgments. Really excited for Dorne!

''In one intriguing new wrinkle, Martin says he just came up with a big, revealing twist on a long-time character that he never previously considered. “This is going to drive your readers crazy,” he teases, “but I love it. I’m still weighing whether to go that direction or not. It’s a great twist. It’s easy to do things that are shocking or unexpected, but they have to grow out of characters. They have to grow out of situations. Otherwise, it’s just being shocking for being shocking. But this is something that seems very organic and natural, and I could see how it would happen. And with the various three, four characters involved… it all makes sense. But it’s nothing I’ve ever thought of before. And it’s nothing they can do in the show, because the show has already—on this particular character—made a couple decisions that will preclude it, where in my case I have not made those decisions.”

Jaime or Sansa possibly? Not sure about this one.

"Long-time character" isn't necessarily a major character. This is much more likely to be a minor character cut from the show, and whatever the twist, I don't think it will affect the plot in a significant way. Given that two big plotlines appear to have been cut from the show--Aegon and Theon's uncles--that leaves GRRM with a lot of maneuvring room in those storylines without changing anything in the big storylines.

He really looks so much like he could be kin to Viserys and Daenerys. But then again the Sandsnakes don't look particularly part Chilean.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of his robe though. It looks like a cross between a pink bathrobe and 1960's flower-patterned curtains. Areo's costume though is amazing. I think his axeglaive is a bit over-the-top though. It looks like something Book!Daario would wield.

On second thought, maybe its not. I had this image in my head from one of the making of shots, but looking at other stills it seems fine.

"Long-time character" isn't necessarily a major character. This is much more likely to be a minor character cut from the show, and whatever the twist, I don't think it will affect the plot in a significant way. Given that two big plotlines appear to have been cut from the show--Aegon and Theon's uncles--that leaves GRRM with a lot of maneuvring room in those storylines without changing anything in the big storylines.

True. I guess its kind of hard to speculate with such little information. I'm sure it will be interesting if he does do it.

The thing I love about this show is watching all the unknown talent they cast eventually make it into other big productions, such as Sophie Turner being cast in the new X-Men and Ed Skrein being the lead in the Transporter reboot, plus a meaty role in Deadpool. And that's just to name a few.

Ah I see. What is dead may never die my friend she will make a new account harder and stronger. :frown5:

Oh, no ... :(

😫😩😭😪

... Maybe I should start having a tumblr account now... at least she has still her site there and cinematiccorner :(

He really looks so much like he could be kin to Viserys and Daenerys. But then again the Sandsnakes don't look particularly part Chilean.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of his robe though. It looks like a cross between a pink bathrobe and 1960's flower-patterned curtains. Areo's costume though is amazing. I think his axeglaive is a bit over-the-top though. It looks like something Book!Daario would wield.

I loved his costume. I just wish this were more Oberyn's own unique style than the standard Dornish nobility look.

True. I guess its kind of hard to speculate with such little information. I'm sure it will be interesting if he does do it.

My impression from interviews with D&D and GRRM is that he has thoroughly spoiled them on the major characters, but with a lot of the minor characters, he hadn't quite figured out what to do with them yet and therefore there was a lot of detail lacking on those points. I think he's pretty much "locked in" with the Jaimes and Sansas of the story, and I can only imagine the hell that HBO will raise if GRRM is all "Beeteedubs, Tyrion and not Jaime is the valonqar after all" or similar, but I think with the Garlans and the Hyle Hunts of the story he has a lot more freedom to write them as he chooses.

A lot of the popular fan theories actually involve minor characters or characters that the show has written around: Jojenpaste, Aegon, etc.

On second thought, maybe its not. I had this image in my head from one of the making of shots, but looking at other stills it seems fine.

That's what I didn't like, the robe, the coloring of it doesn't seem the best for him.......all of it. Just didn't like it. That is entirely too pastel looking for Daario,LOL

My impression from interviews with D&D and GRRM is that he has thoroughly spoiled them on the major characters, but with a lot of the minor characters, he hadn't quite figured out what to do with them yet and therefore there was a lot of detail lacking on those points. I think he's pretty much "locked in" with the Jaimes and Sansas of the story, and I can only imagine the hell that HBO will raise if GRRM is all "Beeteedubs, Tyrion and not Jaime is the valonqar after all" or similar, but I think with the Garlans and the Hyle Hunts of the story he has a lot more freedom to write them as he chooses.

A lot of the popular fan theories actually involve minor characters or characters that the show has written around: Jojenpaste, Aegon, etc.

I agree. Aegon and Jojen do fit the ''And with the various three, four characters involved'' as well.

Hmmmmmm, I'm wondering if it could be in relation to LS and Jaime and Brienne and..........in comes Sandor to shake it all up!! Hell, I've been speccing on that forever, those four intersecting storywise.

It can still be a twist on an existing long-term character he only recently thought of.

Like, take this speculation from back in October with regards to Cersei/Melara.

Something like that wouldn't necessarily be thought of when it was original written. GRRM may have just planned for Cersei to kill Melara because she heard about the children, valonqar prophecy, but the stuff with Jaime could be added in later as a small interesting twist to the material, that seems like it could have been naturally planted from the beginning even if it was never the original plan.

Archived