Casting, News, and Speculation while waiting on Season 5 (Book & Show Spoilers)

Lady Fevre Dream

To be honest, I just think this is the way they do things. They like surprises, rather than bringing the viewer along for the ride. And perhaps are just afraid of overdoing it and thus vastly underdo it.

I didn't think this precluded an Arya and Jon story this season. I still thought it would happen until it seemed like from all the interviews and trailers and the like that it would be Sansa marrying Ramsay.

Take the case of Jaime and Brienne. I have a feeling there's more to come there on the show, too, but I wouldn't be surprised if, since they won't meet up again this season, she's never mentioned once in his story. And yet, in the books, he remembered her quite a bit.

They just drop things and then pick them up much later. But the buildup is the best part of the story.

My friend is an Unsullied and her dream is for Brienne and Jaime to end up together in CR, so even if they aren't good about keeping things up, there connection is not something viewers will easily forget.

If Jon and Arya were ever meant as an endgame couple then it would happen on the show, those are two major POV's and I can't see D&D ever leaving that out especially when they've been so vocal about keeping to GRRM's ending.

Just to be clear, I wasn't talking about a Jon and Arya romance, but just two people who care a lot about each other.

This is such a bleak series, love is nice to see now and then. And it motivates characters in stories, it explains why they do things, it gives them depth. This was such an important relationship in the books. His big technique is repetition, and they think about each other all the time, over and over and over again.

I know you get all of this, I was just explaining what I wanted to see. :)

Just to be clear, I wasn't talking about a Jon and Arya romance, but just two people who care a lot about each other.

This is such a bleak series, love is nice to see now and then. And it motivates characters in stories, it explains why they do things, it gives them depth. This was such an important relationship in the books. His big technique is repetition, and they think about each other all the time, over and over and over again.

I know you get all of this, I was just explaining what I wanted to see. :)

Oh I see and agree with that. I find their brotherly/sisterly love for each other a lovely and pure reprieve for the bleakness as you say. It would be nice if they did think of each other at least a few times. In fact Jon thinks of all his sibling (Arya most of all off course). It would be nice if he just mentioned them more often.

:cheers:

I could imagine that a wanker is probably more insulting than both, but I'm not british so Idk.

Yep, just looked it up. Oh, dear. Guess its better to be a yob. Or maybe a git. A prat, even. (I love British dramas, even if I can't understand the nuances).

So, is anybody else going to be watching the series via HBOGO? I am, but I'm already a bit stressed about that. I've been watching movies via HBOGO the last few evenings, and it constantly stops and buffers. Watch 30 seconds, buffer 20 seconds, watch 30 seconds, buffer 20 seconds. Maddening! I can't imagine what it'll be like when the series starts. Whatever technology Netflix uses, HBOGO needs to buy or steal the same stuff. Netflix works perfectly. HBOGO stu...stu...stu...stutters.

Bloodbath! But I had to laugh, I've always been curious about Brit-speak insults. I mean, what exactly is a wanker? And is it more or less insulting than a git? Or what about a yob? Is a git worse than a yob but better than a wanker?

:P

A git and a yob are kind of different things. A yob is basically an uncultured scrounger who is unlikely to have a job and is living on benefits. A git is just a generic insult that's not even an insult really. Wanker is probably worse than git, but it's still pretty tame.

A git and a yob are kind of different things. A yob is basically an uncultured scrounger who is unlikely to have a job and is living on benefits. A git is just a generic insult that's not even an insult really. Wanker is probably worse than git, but it's still pretty tame.

Cool. Turns out, then, that I know a few yobs myself! What about a prat?

Yeah I'm gonna have to use HBOGO because we don't get HBO on cable at college. I wouldn't be surprised if it crashed again.

Have you tried it lately? Work okay for you? Its just I never know whether these stu...stu...stu... glitches are because I'm in a very rural area up in the mountains, or if HBOGO is pretty much terrible for everybody everywhere.

Have you tried it lately? Work okay for you? Its just I never know whether these stu...stu...stu... glitches are because I'm in a very rural area up in the mountains, or if HBOGO is pretty much terrible for everybody everywhere.

It often freezes and then when you try to reload the movie or episode you want to watch, it goes back to the beginning.

For Season 5, I'll only be using HBOGO for the first four episodes.

I'm glad my apartment complex gives us HBO for free. I don't want to have try to deal with HBO GO, at least not for the premiere.

I wonder how HBO Now will work out, I'm really surprised they haven't opened up sign ups for that yet.

Bloodbath! But I had to laugh, I've always been curious about Brit-speak insults. I mean, what exactly is a wanker? And is it more or less insulting than a git? Or what about a yob? Is a git worse than a yob but better than a wanker?

:P

He's Australian!!!!

Wanker could mean a number of things 'idiot' 'egotistical' 'self indulgent'. It's only meant as mildly offensive

I'm glad my apartment complex gives us HBO for free. I don't want to have try to deal with HBO GO, at least not for the premiere.

I wonder how HBO Now will work out, I'm really surprised they have opened up sign ups for that yet.

If HBO NOW doesn't open up by mid week I think it's not going to be ready in time for next Sunday.

Archived