Casting, News, and Speculation while waiting on Season 5 (Book & Show Spoilers)

Lady Fevre Dream

About the election being underwhelming, it was obvious that the decission of not including that moment as the climax of season 4 was going to change the significance and importance of the scene. After all, it’s happening early in the season, setting things up, it’s not meant to be a huge climax.

And honestly, I agree with that. I mean, it was such a predictable plot development that it could never be significant for show viewers.

The election in the books was probably one of my least favourite twists, just because I really struggled to buy that they would actually vote for him. I can't really imagine how the show could do it better, so it being somewhat underwhelming is expected.

Sounding like the 4th episode will be the best of the bunch. The Stannis monologue sounds amazing and it should be fun to watch Jon take off Slynt's head. I just hope a certain block is fetched and a certain nod is given.

It's so frustrating to hear they rushed the LC scene though. It's one of my favorite chapters in the books.

I think Brienne is going to get captured by Stannis, and will make a choice of either help him save Sansa and fulfill her oath to Catelyn or go against him to fulfill her oath to avenge Renly.

Melisandre will kinda of play of role of LSH in offering her the choice.

This way Melisandre and Stannis replaces LSH/BWB, and Brienne replaces Asha's role as Stannis' prisoner, and Brienne/Pod replaces Mance/spearwives as the agents Melisandre sends to infiltrate Winterfell and rescue Sansa.

From polygon's article:

Another fan-favorite goes on what could be perceived as a suicide mission with an amusing sidekick, and Stannis gives a monologue in the fourth episode that does more to humanize the character than the entirety of the series up to this point.

If certain rumours (which we can't discuss here) about said scene (the bolded part ^, which is surely also Elio's and Linda's favourite scene) are true, then I have to say: Dave Hill just became my absolute most favourite writer of anything! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Another shotgun is placed above the figurative mantle of Winterfell, as a Stark returns to a place that now hoists flayed men and women on the walls as warnings. Ramsay is doing his best to appear the respectable Bolton he has finally become in name, but it's unlikely that facade will hold up for long.

Umh... real flayed women? Or banners with a flayed woman instead of a man?

---

From WotW's article:

Sansa and Littlefinger set out on another journey, with him revealing his newest plan for her taking power. Sansa’s destiny appears to be combining the best of her teachers, learning from Littlefinger’s crafty machinations while keeping the lessons of courtesy she learned young from her mother and her septa. Her gift has always been one of adaptation to survive, and now she is using that ability to grant her choices. I suspect that one she makes early this season may be unpopular with some viewers but in the circumstance she’s in, it makes sense to me.

The decision to marry Ramsay willingly?!

King Tommen:

Nice review. Without obviously getting into spoilers, what are your feelings about where it looks like Sansa’s story is going this season. Do you think that the reasons provided by characters seem logical within the show universe or does it feel like after-the-fact justification for an adaptation change?

Sue the Fury:

I am still finding it hard to believe that Littlefinger

could be so unaware of someone’s true nature. His plot makes sense, but LF being ignorant in this particular case- that’s a tough one to swallow. But it’s too early to make final judgments. Perhaps he has that base covered down the line and I haven’t seen that yet since we’re only four in.

Sure, LF, Ramsay's a really nice lad...

No, WotW, it makes no sense whatsoever.

No sense for LF. He spent all this time destroying Sansa's life so she would be in his clutches, but now he throws her literally to the dogs to be in someone else's clutches?

No sense for the Boltons. Fake Arya would be easier to control and not alienate the Lannisters. Why would they trust Sansa wouldn't turn on them? Sansa is a needless risk.

No sense for Sansa. Marrying into yet another family that killed her family? Why would she do such a thing? That dishonors her family. Her family would never want this for her.

Sansa is already a Stark. Becoming a Bolton is as bad as becoming a Lannister, it makes no sense politically and would be devastating even without consummation, but with it, unbearable.

And Ramsay is the worst monster of the series, now that the Mountain is dead (no doubt they considered marrying her to him at one point, too). They really hate this character.

It's a horror show they are holding just for Sansa. It's already bad enough that they gutted this character of her own story, and turned her into a Femme Fatale. Now this.

Sure, LF, Ramsay's a really nice lad...

This is their sigil.

Pictures for Mentally Challenged Littlefinger.

where has annara snow been tho. i need to see her opinions on this sansa winterfell arc

Given the way she blew up when it was confirmed that Sansa goes to Winterfell it's probably better for Annara's health that she just avoid the show this season.

The amazing Stannis scene is with Shireen. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: I feel like the show only viewers are going to finally understand the Stannis the Mannis hype after this season.

Yay! TV Shireen gives me life.

Archived