Casting, News, and Speculation while waiting on Season 5 (Book & Show Spoilers)

Lady Fevre Dream

I'm really nervous for Shireen if Stannis has a heart to heart scene with her. He is probably going to remind people that she is his heir and all of that. Really nervous for her, despite the context seems like its implying Stannis dying...

It makes me even more nervous because Brienne might head North and get the chance to avenge Renly by killing Stannis. In one of the promo videos Dillane has some fake blood on his face. I really hope it's not Stannis' own blood :uhoh:

Good for you, its not a stretch at all to call it rape. :agree:

Five bucks says they play that luckiest big in Westeros trope about it too.

They obviously learned nothing from Talisa, since Tryscella promises to be Talisa/Robb 2.0, so why would they learn anything fem Sept-gate?

Yeah! Good for him! I got 5 bucks on your next post!

Good for you, it’s not a stretch at all to call it rape. :agree:

Five bucks says they play that “luckiest big in Westeros” trope about it too.

They obviously learned nothing from Talisa, since Tryscella promises to be Talisa/Robb 2.0, so why would they learn anything fem Sept-gate?

Are you me? Because I was just going to comment on Tryscella (if they're going that way, that is). It's like D&D don't know their target audience. People don't watch GoT for the syrupy romances. No one cared about Robb and Talisa, no one liked the cheesy kiss on top of the Wall. Leave that shit for Once Upon a Time or something

Are you me? Because I was just going to comment on Tryscella (if they're going that way, that is). It's like D&D don't know their target audience. People don't watch GoT for the syrupy romances. No one cared about Robb and Talisa, no one liked the cheesy kiss on top of the Wall. Leave that shit for Once Upon a Time or something

Yeah!

Or did they age up Tommen just because the children cast grew up? Remember that Callum Wharry was last seen in Blackwater, almost three years ago, then Tommen was absent during the entirety of season 3. I don't know how old the actor is now, but he must be around the same age as Dean-Charles Chapman, no more than a year younger. Callum was about the same age as Isaac in season 1, and Isaac is huge now. I wonder how much has Callum grown since we last saw him

Bran will be carrying Hodor the next time he shows up.

I somehow doubt that Tommen is sexually secure enough to consummate his marriage. The synopsis for 5.03, stating that Margaery "enjoys her new husband", sounded like a tease and I'm sure that it implies that their relationship will adopt a platonic nature.

And even if they do it, I'm sure that it'll be tastefully done. The actor's still under 18 and British media tend to be very careful with sexual content involving minors (ex: some of the erotic scenes from The Reader had to be shot after the actor's 18th birthday).

I doubt I’m you because I think this is literally the first time we’ve ever agreed on anything. :)

I think the cheesy kiss on top of the Wall was okay....

But that was probably because they had the foundation of The George’s non-assinine Jon/Ygritte relationship to work with. They’ve taken a sledge hammer to all their foundations, it seems, so, yeah.

I somehow doubt that Tommen is sexually secure enough to consummate his marriage. The synopsis for 5.03, stating that Margaery "enjoys her new husband", sounded like a tease and I'm sure that it implies that their relationship will adopt a platonic nature.

And even if they do it, I'm sure that it'll be tastefully done. The actor's still under 18 and British media tend to be very careful with sexual content involving minors (ex: some of the erotic scenes from The Reader had to be shot after the actor's 18th birthday).

Right. Because GOT is always tasteful when it comes to sex.

Or did they age up Tommen just because the children cast grew up? Remember that Callum Wharry was last seen in Blackwater, almost three years ago, then Tommen was absent during the entirety of season 3. I don't know how old the actor is now, but he must be around the same age as Dean-Charles Chapman, no more than a year younger. Callum was about the same age as Isaac in season 1, and Isaac is huge now. I wonder how much has Callum grown since we last saw him

Um, except the new Tommen (Dean-Charles Chapman) is 17 the same age as Maisie who plays Arya. I can't find Callum Wharry's age online, but if he's the same age as Bran he's only be 15 (since Isaac was born in 1999). And I think Callum's probably younger based on the way they had him laying on Cersei's lap in the Battle of Blackwater (just about three years ago). But, even if Callum is 15, he's way too young for a sex scene (I could imagine someone calling Child Protective services on D&D if they had Marge fondle him). They recast Tommen years older intentionally. The new Tommen is almost legal, while the old Tommen was barely in the middle of puberty.

Good for you, it’s not a stretch at all to call it rape. :agree:

Five bucks says they play that “luckiest boy in Westeros” trope about it too.

They obviously learned nothing from Talisa, since Tryscella promises to be Talisa/Robb 2.0, so why would they learn anything from Sept-gate?

In this world it is a massive stretch to call it rape. If you have read the books or have any knowledge of medieval customs you would know that this type of thing is perfectly culturally acceptable. Once you have reached puberty and are married you are expected to consamate the marriage and try and produce heirs.

We need to stop trying to look at this from a modern perspective.

Yes the dynamics are changed but that is true for every character. They can't just pick and choose which characters to age up and which characters to leave as children forever.

In this world it is a massive stretch to call it rape. If you have read the books or have any knowledge of medieval customs you would know that this type of thing is perfectly culturally acceptable. Once you have reached puberty and are married you are expected to consamate the marriage and try and produce heirs.

Yes the dynamics are changed but that is true for every character. They can't just pick and choose which characters to age up and which characters to leave as children forever.

Well, except that is exactly what they do and what they did with Tommen. They aged him up by several years after already having cast him. It's not a matter of leaving anyone as a child forever, but turning what would be a young teen playing an even younger character and casting an older teen to play a re-aged character. It's weird and random.

Right. Because GOT is always tasteful when it comes to sex.

Well, they will be if there's a legal precedence to be tasteful (ex: S2's humiliation of Sansa in the throne room).

God, I hate it when people pick and choose parts of my post for the sake of snarkiness...

I don’t care what a bunch of people in a crapsack world where you can beat peasants to death because you’re bored think. A Feast for Crows was publish in 2005, I am not meant to take these people’s cultural assumptions at face value. And something being legal or expected does not make it any less problematic.

Forced or coerced sex is rape. An adult having sex with a child is rape. I’m quite sure George R.R. Martin realizes this.

Well, except that is exactly what they do and what they did with Tommen. They aged him up by several years after already having cast him. It's not a matter of leaving anyone as a child forever, but turning what would be a young teen playing an even younger character and casting an older teen to play a re-aged character. It's weird and random.

Why is everyone forgetting Callum Wharry is 15/16 years old. He was also a glorified extra and not a real actor. They replaced him with a real actor who looks immensely like both Nikolaj and Lena, and is at MOST 2 years older than Wharry. I think everybody is reading way to much into it.

People were grossed out as it were with the bedroom scene, and this time Ser Pounce won't be there to protect Tommen's maidenhood!

Well, at least Ser Pounce isn't there to make it more awkward.

Imagine if there was a close up of Ser Pounce's face with audible happenings, then a reverse shot from the back of the chair, with the camera panning upward showing him looking at the bed with sheets moving.

Archived