Most obvious incoming plot "twists" and developments?

Mormont'sRaven

I'm excited for the rest of the story, but some developments just seem so terribly obvious.

For me:

Aegon is a fake.

Aegon will lose to Dany.

Jaime is the valonqar

R + L = J

Jon is going to come back to life.

Victarion won't survive/Iron Islanders are all red herrings.

What about all of you?

I'm excited for the rest of the story, but some developments just seem so terribly obvious.

For me:

Aegon is a fake.

Aegon will lose to Dany.

Jaime is the valonqar

R + L = J

What about all of you?

Why do you think these ones are obvious over others?

I think that both Aegon and Euron will briefly sit on the IT before the end. And I think it's only logical that Stannis will win the battle of ice.

There is no obvious - consort to Dany and they will demand to sit with her, Daario, Euron etc. Sansa is certainly not obvious at this point and the end game does not have to be a happy ending. Although, I agree that Aegon is fake and will lose to Dany.

Jon snow leads the joins sides with bran and bloodraven since now that he's died his vows are technically over. Also Cersei and Jaime are aries' kids. Alluded too by many things.

- when jon first sees Jamie he thinks "that's what a king should look like"

- jenna lannister saying to Jamie "tyrion is tywin's son, not u"

- Jamie and Cersei have been in love since childhood like Targaryens (a coy little nod)

- Cersei increasing madness is reminiscent of Aries (I.e. the interrogation of the blue bard, and especially when she burned the tower of the hand. The comparison was so obvious. She felt the heat and flames cleansed her just like Dany and probably other targaryens)

- many, many more subtle and not so subtle hints that I don't want to write down right now. I think the whole dany and jon thing is a smokescreen and the major conflict will be between Jaime as azor ahai and bloodraven as the great other.

For me:

Aegon is a fake.

Aegon will lose to Dany.

Jaime is the valonqar

R + L = J

What about all of you?

I agree with these...

- Aegon has been referred to many times as a "paper dragon", and Dany has been told not to trust him. I think its obvious he's a fake, and just a plot tool of Varys/Illyrio.

- Jaime as the Valonqar to me is also a little obvious. It is read in the books to make people believe it's Tyrion, but it subtly stated that Jaime was born 2nd, making him the younger brother. Jaime killing Cerscei would be very bittersweet, and bring their relationship around full circle.

- R+L=J is the worst-kept secret in the entire novel.

- Even GRRM stated Jon starts the books off in Coma. The entire plot would unravel if Jon dies.

- I think most people agree that Victarian is going to die at Mereen, myself included. I'm not sure why we all feel this way, but somehow, we all do. Victarian is simply going to be dead at the end of WOW.

For me:

Aegon is a fake.

Aegon will lose to Dany.

Jaime is the valonqar

R + L = J

What about all of you?

My take:

- the puppet will slain his puppetmaster

- victarion will die, the ironborn will side still side with dany and take her in westeros

- dany will fight back the ww

- the puppet will aid dany, and bend the knee to her

- jon will become a hated guy in the north, although doing something really good for benefit of realm

- stannis will die

- Arya will kill off Cersei and the others on her list

- Sansa will unite the north/river/vale under her banner + rickon

- Littlefinger will be shorter by another finger, if not his head

- Jamie ... no idea

- Brienne will betray her vows

- Bran will fly

I might be in the minority but I don't think Aegon is fake. Unless there is another Targ bastard (and it would be overkill and kind of ruin Jon's moment) Aegon allows for the dragon to have three heads, and he allows for a second Dance. Also I think Dany taking the thrown has been teased so much that it's doubtful to happen. Maybe for a moment, but she's been building momentum across the sea.

-I think R+L=J is the most obvious. It fills in the holes for too many things. Even if you reread everything assuming that to be true, so many little vague statements make sense.

-The Valonqar is either Jamie or Tyrion. And Jamie as a character offers a whole lot more in that role.

- Jon isn't going to die. Too many loose ends and what not. Even amongst the shocking deaths, there was always a feeling that it makes sense and the role was played. I do think Jon and Ramsay will have a confrontation though.

-Sansa will solidify her role as a player by outmatching Littlefinger too his doom.

Jon snow leads the joins sides with bran and bloodraven since now that he's died his vows are technically over. Also Cersei and Jaime are aries' kids. Alluded too by many things.

- when jon first sees Jamie he thinks "that's what a king should look like"

- jenna lannister saying to Jamie "tyrion is tywin's son, not u"

- Jamie and Cersei have been in love since childhood like Targaryens (a coy little nod)

- Cersei increasing madness is reminiscent of Aries (I.e. the interrogation of the blue bard, and especially when she burned the tower of the hand. The comparison was so obvious. She felt the heat and flames cleansed her just like Dany and probably other targaryens)

- many, many more subtle and not so subtle hints that I don't want to write down right now. I think the whole dany and jon thing is a smokescreen and the major conflict will be between Jaime as azor ahai and bloodraven as the great other.

Jaime and Cersei are Lannisters. This has already been proven.

Jaime and Cersei are Lannisters. This has already been proven.

How so? Aside from everything else i mentioned even Joanna in Jamie's dream hints at it by saying Tywin dreamed of having children just like Jaime and Cersei but never got them. And the old saying that madness and greatness in Targaryens are two sides of the same coin (Cersei is clearly becoming mad as Aries and Jamie is becoming as great as anyone), which is all the more enforced by the fact that they are twins. This theory has as much evidence as R+L=J

Archived