Hogwarts Houses of some characters...

Tiago Calçona

Just finished AFFC, and was discussing with a friend, what would be the hogwarts house of some of the characters if they attended Hogwarts. Maybe after reading a Dance with Dragons, my thoughts, can really change in some of the Hogwarts House of the characters, so it would be interisting to come back to see this post in the future, and problaly discover how i was wrong about some of the characters when finish reading dance.

So...

Tyrion - I'm really struggling between Ravenclaw or Gryffindor, he definitely demonstraded his bravery and chivalry, but as whole person i think that what really dominates his personality is his logical thinking and wits, although him being a brave person too... so RAVENCLAW...

Jaime - This guy I have no doubts, what is strange, because he is such a complex character because he is presented to us at the begining as a kingslayer, a child murderer, a guy without honor, a guy without morals that even sleeps with his sister; he has everything to be hated, however we kinda end loving him a little bit more after each chapter at this point in the series... so all this things should make me have some doubts, however i don't he is a GRYFFINDOR... he is not a Slytherin because he doesn't have great ambition i think; come on the man could have been the Lord of Casterly Rock, the Hand of the King, however his only ambition was to stay forever and ever in the arms of her sister, reason why he joined the Kings Guard ( not for glory, but for love), he still did admit that he would have killed King Robert and Arya just to stay with the love of his life , or so it was... so clearly his only ambition was stay forever with Cersei, so he can't be a Slytherin, he's not a Ravenclaw either because he is not the most knowledge love guy, and he's not a Hufflepuff because he's not a loyal person at all otherwise he wouldn't have braked his vows and killed Aerys...althought some of these aspects are changing in him, what makes him such a complex character... but something he is without doubts is brave, so Gryffindor....

Cersei - She has to be a Slytherin... even i've enjoyed reading her chapters only at distance, because live within the same walls of that womam certainly wouldn't have been so enjoyable... she's a total bitch, and totally hypocrite because she just thought one thing and say other, she treats people like they aren't humans, just trash and really disposable (what she did to Falyse, oh my god, in one moment Cersei was calling her a sweetheart, in the other was sending her to a horror movie in the dundgeons, and just like that was the most normal thing in the world, and next she evens dare to asks for the gods help, as she deserves it (after what she did, and killed the High Septon)... As this wasn't just enough, she still spends part of her days planning innocent people's death, using arguments that are based in lies... and the list goes on and on... i think i dislike her even more than joffrey... (however on the HBO series she doesn't seem to be so mean, they seemed to center more on her best quality that is the love for her children)... so with this all said i think she has to be a Slytherin...

All the Starks (with exception of Sansa), Jon Snow, the Black Fish, Brienne - I think they are Gryffindors, beacuse this guys are very much about honor, duty, chivalry and to accomplish what they sworn they are even willing to die for it, what implies to be very brave...

Edmure Tully - Hufflepuff, because he was loyal. When the war starts he automatically declares his help to the Starks, just because they were family, regarding nothing to House Tully in exchange for his support to the Starks. Furthermore he evens allowed the peasents to camp inside RiverRun showing his good heart as Catelyn said. However he is not at Gryffindor, because if he was he wouldn't have surrender RiverRun, a Gryffindor would have fighted until his death, i think...

Samwell Tarly - He is very like Neville Longbotton I think, and he's growing just as Neville did... Samwell is loyal, hard working, patience, a good friend so i think he has to be a Hufflepuff... but i think in some way that he could be a Gryffindor too just like Neville...

Sansa Stark - Hufflepuff for sure... She doesn't have the bravery of her family... and she isn't the smartest one, not even very ambitious.... so Hufflepuff...

Little Finger - This guy is just too ambitious... he defenitely become one of the most interesting characters to me...and i'm willing to see more of him and his maquiavelic plans... with this guy everything is unpredictable, i was really shocked when we discover that this guy was behind everything that was happening since the very begining, poor Starks they really didn't have a chance when are guys like this playing the game... so with such ambition for such a "little man".... SLYTHERIN...

In Ravenclaw i would put also Varys, Doran Martell and Tywin Lannister... due to their intellects... I don't think Tywin was very ambitious, he just did what he did not for pure ambition, but for survive; he was in the middle of a war, and he took what he thought was the most logical decisons, even if that decisions go against the rules of honor....

In relation to Danearys and Stannis I really don't Know, but maybe i would put him in Hufflepuff...

Viserys Targueryan - SLYTHERIN. He sold his sister to wildings, in the name of his ambition to regain the throne, i think Dany wouldn't be so little honorable to achieve her objectives...

What do you think??

There is still very characters to put in a House...

I'm a Hufflepuff, by the way....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I think Sam is both Hermione/Neville since he's intelligent but lacks confidence. I'd put him in Hufflepuff for his loyalty and hardworking nature. But he could also fit in Ravenclaw.

I think Sansa is a Ravenclaw. She's becoming smarter and seeing things differently with a fresh perspective. I think over time you could each character in different houses than they originally began with.

Melisandre (sp?) is another I'd put in Ravenclaw which is a house that values new ways of doing things and creativity. Her and Qyburn would get on great in Ravenclaw.

Slytherin - Margaery Tyrell and Olenna Tyrell for their ambition and climbing the pecking order. Their also very cunning and manipulive, knowing how to get what they want by being cunning and clever. I'm thinking of Olenna and poisoning Joff.

Gryffindor - Loras Tyrell? He's quite proud of his abilities and status. Obviously brave and chivalrous.

I read the first four HP books, then watched the first 4 films. Do the houses really have personallity traits? i always thought it was a bit shit and its kinda like, Sytherin for bad guys and Grifdoor for the good ones pure of heart and so on. I dont think its like RavenC is for brave people and HuffPuff for Loyal. is that sort of shit even expressed in HP?

Always thought it was a cop out, like being put into houses at school its a load of crap.....

Open to being proved wrong though.

• 2 weeks later...
These are the house traits.

Gryffindor-Bravery

Slytherin-Cunning, ambitious, self centered, will do anything to achieve their ends

Ravenclaw-Quirky intelligence, love knowledge

Hufflepuff- Loyal, just, hardworking

It's not that if you're slytherin, you're automatically evil or vice-versa; or that slytherins can't be brave(Snape being the biggest example of this), though it is true that they won't recklessly charge in.

Taking these facts into account, I think Sandor Clegane, Stannis Baratheon, Randyll Tarly, Tormund Giantsbane, Eddard Stark, Meera, Barristan Selmy would be the embodiment of hufflepuff. Tyrion, Tywin, Walder, Cersei, Varys, Littlefinger, Arya etc. would all be Slytherins. Rhaegar, Sansa, Aemon, Samwell,Asha's uncle who loves to read, Doran would be Ravenclaws. Robb, Jon, Brandon Stark, Aerys Oakheart, Oberyn Martell,Sand Snakes, Catelyn Stark, Bran, Edmure Tully, Rickard Karstark would be gryffindors.

And i disagree. Harry Potter is one of the most nuanced, layered and interesting pieces of literature I've ever read. Thpugh it is more character centric than plot centric, when compared to ASoIaF. Plus, the writing is brilliant so you don't have the boring patches this series seems to have xD

Gryffindor- Jon, Arya, Stannis, Daenerys, Loras, Jaime, Rickon, Osha, Ygritte, Val, Jorah, Asha, Brienne, Podrick, Obara, Meera. Ravenclaw- Tyrion, Sansa, Bran, Renly, Sam, Missandei, Margaery, Melisandre, Marei, Doran, Sarella, Nymeria, Tyene, Jon Connington, Jojen Hufflepuff- Ned, Hodor, Edmure, Falyse, Tanda, Lollys. Slytherin- Tywin, Roose, Ramsay, Bronn, Varys, Cersei, Illyrio, Little finger, Joffrey, Daario, Euron.

These are the house traits.

Gryffindor-Bravery

Slytherin-Cunning, ambitious, self centered, will do anything to achieve their ends

Ravenclaw-Quirky intelligence, love knowledge

Hufflepuff- Loyal, just, hardworking

It's not that if you're slytherin, you're automatically evil or vice-versa; or that slytherins can't be brave(Snape being the biggest example of this), though it is true that they won't recklessly charge in.

Taking these facts into account, I think Sandor Clegane, Stannis Baratheon, Randyll Tarly, Tormund Giantsbane, Eddard Stark, Meera, Barristan Selmy would be the embodiment of hufflepuff. Tyrion, Tywin, Walder, Cersei, Varys, Littlefinger, Arya etc. would all be Slytherins. Rhaegar, Sansa, Aemon, Samwell,Asha's uncle who loves to read, Doran would be Ravenclaws. Robb, Jon, Brandon Stark, Aerys Oakheart, Oberyn Martell,Sand Snakes, Catelyn Stark, Bran, Edmure Tully, Rickard Karstark would be gryffindors.

Thanks for the reply :) is that right though? i mean, like so Harry isnt Loyal or hardworking because he is in Gryffindor? Or would it just be like which ever house traits you hold the most off?

And i disagree. Harry Potter is one of the most nuanced, layered and interesting pieces of literature I've ever read. Thpugh it is more character centric than plot centric, when compared to ASoIaF. Plus, the writing is brilliant so you don't have the boring patches this series seems to have xD

Also, to be fair the last HP book i read was Goblit of Fire back in 2005, so i was like 13. maybe once ive done with ASOFAI I might start the HP books again, you may have convinced me lol. i dont rememeber them being that good though.  yeahhhh the boring patches can drag ;)

Archived