(Spoilers) Justified Final Season - You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive

Mark Antony

I've got to go to work in a couple minutes, but these are my quick thoughts:

1. "We dug coal together." Best closing line ever.

2. I like the fact that Raylan and Wynona didn't make it; it felt earned - 50/50 indeed.

3. I kind of wish it ended with Raylan out of the Marshals. That didn't quite feel earned.

4. Duffy, you magnificent bastard.

5. Wait, how did Ava make contact with Duffy in the first place? When did she reach out to him? He got the van while she was still on the run.

6. Is Rachel out of career purgatory now? I really hope so.

Where is Wynn?

Surfing in Fiji! At least he doesn't need an artificial tanning bed any more.

Excellent finale, and really overall an excellent last season. This series will go down as an all-time great in my book. Now if only I could write dialogue half as well as these writers, "We dug coal together." Perfect ending line.

Honestly, the only major misstep was Markham. Boyd should've killed the old man at the swap a few episodes ago. Or he should just have let Katherine die. Doesn't match up to Mags or Quarles as a big bad despite his strong start this season.

Otherwise, I can't recall a final season that I liked better.

I've got to go to work in a couple minutes, but these are my quick thoughts:

1. "We dug coal together." Best closing line ever.

2. I like the fact that Raylan and Wynona didn't make it; it felt earned - 50/50 indeed.

3. I kind of wish it ended with Raylan out of the Marshals. That didn't quite feel earned.

4. Duffy, you magnificent bastard.

5. Wait, how did Ava make contact with Duffy in the first place? When did she reach out to him? He got the van while she was still on the run.

6. Is Rachel out of career purgatory now? I really hope so.

1. No doubt. Best last scene ever for me.

2. Spot on. Raylan, Ava, and Boyd are all back in similar spots as they were in Season One, but all three seem to have found some peace with it.

3. Yeah, I thought he'd be out, as well, but I can live with the decision. Seeing him working for a security company would have been unbearable.

4. Wynn for the win.

5. She called him in the penultimate episode, right? Didn't they set that up beforehand? Wouldn't be too hard to hit up a pay phone (if they still have those) to arrange a quick meet.

6. Yeah, the fugitive trace or whatever that sent Raylan after Ava had Rachel's name on the stationary, so I assume she is officially Art now.

Surfing in Fiji! At least he doesn't need an artificial tanning bed any more.

Excellent finale, and really overall an excellent last season. This series will go down as an all-time great in my book. Now if only I could write dialogue half as well as these writers, "We dug coal together." Perfect ending line.

Honestly, the only major misstep was Markham. Boyd should've killed the old man at the swap a few episodes ago. Or he should just have let Katherine die. Doesn't match up to Mags or Quarles as a big bad despite his strong start this season.

Otherwise, I can't recall a final season that I liked better.

I wouldn't call Markham a misstep, but he was window dressing because the big bad this season was always going to be Boyd.

I figured Wynn Duffy probably found Ava. If he had a police scanner, he would hear that an escaped fugitive was in X car driving in Z direction and since he's a lucky cockroach, he just so happened to find himself in that exact area.

That's the ending I needed but one I guess I didn't deserve, because I never fought tooth and nail to have Justified recognised as the awesome part of TV landscape that it was ; never bothered to dismiss the insolent idiots who dismissed this show without ever even trying it out. I think TV's near-history is repeating itself and Justified is the new The Shield.

I wouldn't call Markham a misstep, but he was window dressing because the big bad this season was always going to be Boyd.

True. I just felt like the writer's got sloppy with him, and kept him around so they could have their story play out the way it did. I still think Boyd would've killed both he and Katherine at the swap, but I won't complain too much about that, since we got the Mikey death scene out of it.

One thing that bothered me- how the hell did Boyd get off the mountain?

He was trapped heading uphill tossing dynamite and then Rachel apparently had him circled, yet he shows up at the barn without even being chased.

Did I somehow miss a scene?

One thing that bothered me- how the hell did Boyd get off the mountain?

He was trapped heading uphill tossing dynamite and then Rachel apparently had him circled, yet he shows up at the barn without even being chased.

Did I somehow miss a scene?

No you didn't I had a slight issue with that as well. It's explained as the marshals setting a perimeter after he starts throwing dynamite and Boyd somehow slipped away without the chopper seeing him. Honestly it's worth it just to see Boys throwing dynamite :lol: Classic Crowder :P

Archived