why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

I beleive why the REAL reason why Ladystoneheart was cut out was they wanted Jon Snow's RETURN a REALLY BIG DEAL. If a other character does it first what the deal?

BUT

Beric Dondarrion was the first character to come back to life I guess D and D did not wanted too many characters coming back

I don't remember her showing up until AFFC anyway, but I might be wrong about that. I figure they just didn't want to spoil her with some random Frey. Might be they're just saving her for when Brienne and Podrick encounter the Brotherhood. That'd be a much better scene.

I don't remember her showing up until AFFC anyway, but I might be wrong about that. I figure they just didn't want to spoil her with some random Frey. Might be they're just saving her for when Brienne and Podrick encounter the Brotherhood. That'd be a much better scene.

That's what I would've done too. Built her up a bit, have Brienne and Pod hear rumors about this phantom Hangwoman (a much cooler name than Stoneheart, in my opinion), see the corpses she hanged, etc. Have the audience wondering who it could be, and then the reveal

But I don't think we're getting her in any case

If the BWB are still in the show, all they need do is have a low paid hooded figure that appears to be female. Silently nodding and seemingly given instructions to some of them but not close-up. Saves budget dollars.

If you are going to do a Lady Stoneheart, you have to do it right and show her. It being Catelyn is the whole point of her.

I think she wouldnt be in til season 6..if theres shown stuff going on about BwB and the killing of the Frey (if that goes with Brienne and Pod's travelling) then I could see her possible inclusion. If shes in at all she will be the end of the season, but I think "For The Watch" will be the last shot of the season.

I feel like her reveal would tie into Sansa in the sense of Sansa doing something (like killing a major character responsible for her familys troubles) and then a cut to a hooded figure killing Freys while some King of The North music plays

I think there's still a chance. After seeing S4 finale I lost all hope but after watching the first 4 of S5 I can imagine a way to introduce her. As some people said before me, I think (if they keep her) that she might appear in rumours in the Brienne/Pod-storyline then possibly be a finale reveal.

This might just be the tiny little hope in me still trying to wish for a decent amount of story in the show, considering how they've butchered so many of them.

Perhaps because the Brotherhood might have a role other than being LSH hang out buddies?

Perhaps because the Brotherhood might have a role other than being LSH hang out buddies?

Well this is the question isn't it? To be honest, having them return and no Stoneheart would be akin to having a bunch of goons return without the main boss.

Well this is the question isn't it? To be honest, having them return and no Stoneheart would be akin to having a bunch of goons return without the main boss.

Really, because they were fulfilling a mission from Ned under the leader before Stoneheart and after she became their leader, they only went about killing Freys. Many of them are unhappy about what the BwB has become under her watch in the last book.

ETA:

LSH's purpose is not to give the BwB something to do. She's killing Freys and looking for her daughters. We have to see what happens in book 6 but that's all she's done so far.

Bringing back the actress for ONE scene and then forget about her would have no point, really. Also, Brienne and Jaime's stories are clearly headed on very different paths on the show. My guess, they might bring her later if she turns out to be relevant to the big picture, but only then.

I don't think they felt they could get a zombie form of Catelyn to work. And I have no problem with Dondarrion carrying out Catelyn's work. If/when they come across Brienne, they can just have "heard" that Brienne was meant to return the daughters and decide she is guilty of betraying Catelyn. LSH is unlikely to play any role in the end game. Her role will be to bring avenge the Red Wedding, and the Brotherhood can take up that challenge.

Of course they might ditch the Brotherhood entirely. They served their purpose with Arya's storyline, they are probably not essential to anything any more.

I'm pretty sure she's cut. While I love the character (and the character of catelyn), it's evident that the writers weren't too enamoured of her character in the first place. Michelle Fairley is quite talented--but she had limited material to work with. What was one of the biggest characters in books 1-3 was wittled down to supporting--basically Robb's Dear ol Mum.

The lack of care to her living importance indicates they won't want to spend time on her post-mortem. Sad, really.

Archived