why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

Still holding out hope she'll make an appearance.

And we assume her role in the big picture is insignificant. Killing Freys is pretty major in my book, and I've got a feeling she's just started.

If Brienne brings Jaimie back to the BwB and one or both of them get hung — that's pretty significant.

What if an even bigger player falls into her hands, like Littlefinger. LF and Sansa are not couped up in the Vale in the show which leads me to believe they'll be on the move in the books at some point.

Check out my thread on LF's possible fate at the hands of LS
http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/127597-littlefingers-fate/

I'm fine with both LSH and Coldhands not making the show. They were okay in the books but I never loved them. They're exactly the types of characters I'd pick to be cut if any had to be.

• 2 weeks later...

B/C Stoneheart is kind of lame and wouldn't translate well on screen IMO.

Not as lame as the skeletons attacking Bran, and Leaf tossing fireballs at them. Assuming the skeletons were wights. they shouldn't b screaming like that. Frst off they have no lungs. secondly the show makes a point out of telling the viewers that the wights are mostly silent.

I will take LS over that crap any day of the week.

Because so far she's useless... if she eventually becomes relevant it wont be before season 6 / book 6... we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. But I guess that by that point, the show will have taken its own road and not neccesarly need her.

Kind of ironic. GRRM had some harsh words to say about fanfiction some years before the show popped up. Given that the show is now basically fanfiction, due to the massive deviations from the books, it would seem he is all for it if he gets money from it.

Needed to show Nymeria dragging a body out of a river at end of S4 E1

Don't mind Arya + Hound walking around dead people ala that episode, and then sometimes hanged soldiers

Don't mind the same with Brienne and Pod, they should have walked past High Sparrow plus disaffected Septons as well on their way to KL

Anyway, I think ultimately LS character is a precursor to Queen Sansa/Lothston MkII so if they are into streamlining they might just have Sansa take over the LS role,

Thematically resurrected characters stand for dead institutions/way of life being "dead on its feet", eg Beric stands for old Chivalry + Roberts dynasty, in the case of LS it's the old dynamic of the Twin power of Tully's/Freys that is dead and once the Freys are Castamered the character will die off and Sansa's Kingdom will rise in its place

Coldhands probably got cut because he and the Night's King is the same person. The show kind of spoiled the Night's King, so I am guessing Coldhands is the same person.

Nar he is just a general Wight

Have to remember Bloodraven is a former LC of the Nights Watch so choosing a dead NW man to be his Wight servant makes sense.

Don't think he is a character of any note, eg Benjen or NK or anyone else

Thematically he represents the NW is dead on its feet and will die off.

Because so far she's useless... if she eventually becomes relevant it wont be before season 6 / book 6... we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. But I guess that by that point, the show will have taken its own road and not neccesarly need her.

I don't know how anyone could read the siege of Riverrun and dismiss Lady Stoneheart as "useless" but ok, whatever you need to do to defend the show.

Plus there's the whole subplot where she gets Brienne to abduct Jaime..... Seems pretty relevant to me.

I don't know how anyone could read the siege of Riverrun and dismiss Lady Stoneheart as "useless" but ok, whatever you need to do to defend the show.

Plus there's the whole subplot where she gets Brienne to abduct Jaime..... Seems pretty relevant to me.

Always boggles my mind when people say LS doesn't matter

People say the show creators didn't like the Stoneheart character, but the only person I've seen say anything negative about her was director Alex Graves, and he's not even associated with the series this season. Even then, he was only commenting about her potential appearance in season 4, though most people leave that part of his quote out when referencing it.

People say Michelle wouldn't want to play the character. In a BuzzFeed interview though, with Kate Arthur, Michelle says: "Of course. For an actor to play something like that, I think visually it would be incredible. How do you portray evil, vengeance, lust for revenge? What does that do physically to a human being, what do they end up looking like? How do they attain it? The embodiment of that is something that would be incredibly exciting. Even evil people are justified. If you’re playing a character like that, you have to find a way of liking them."

People say her storyline has nowhere to go. If we can't imagine an interesting outcome for Catelyn reanimated as the avatar of an ancient fire god, then that's just a failure of our imaginations. I don't think George dragged her corpse out of the river for nothing.

People say many things, but words are wind.

Coldhands probably got cut because he and the Night's King is the same person. The show kind of spoiled the Night's King, so I am guessing Coldhands is the same person.

Nar he is just a general Wight

Have to remember Bloodraven is a former LC of the Nights Watch so choosing a dead NW man to be his Wight servant makes sense.

Don't think he is a character of any note, eg Benjen or NK or anyone else

Besides, everyone knows that tNK=tLH=AA=BtB. :lol:

Because she is an easily expendable character in the adaptation and whatever role she has, it can be given to other characters or alltogether dismissed (which seems to be the case).

My guess in the books is that Brienne will champion Jaime in the trial by combat and save his lame ass. Then, Jaime will be free to return to KL but not Brienne as her oath to UnCat will still continue. However, she will remember that Cat swore to not hold her back should Brienne decide to seek vengeance against Stannis. So, Brienne will claim that and head North.

Seems like completely dismissible IMO.

Archived