why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

3 hours ago, Horse of Kent said:

But by doing that Arya's character is now corrupted, and instead of LSH it the show's version of her that only seems capable of a single emotion.

That's not true at all. Arya shows a wide range for emotions while watching the play, like happiness, sadness, and anger. She shows fear when running from the Waif and has a sense of wonder and curiosity when discussing what's west of Westeros with Lady Crane. Arya is anything but one-note.

6 minutes ago, Dragon in the North said:

That's not true at all. Arya shows a wide range for emotions while watching the play, like happiness, sadness, and anger. She shows fear when running from the Waif and has a sense of wonder and curiosity when discussing what's west of Westeros with Lady Crane. Arya is anything but one-note.

Okay, I could've phrased that better. For a decent amount of the time she seems to be one of the characters D&D do have a good grip of (which is a little weird, seeing as she is one of the most misunderstood book characters), but when it comes to important moments, such as the latest series finale, they still allow the merged bit of LSH to take over her character. This leads to a mess where her usual multi-faceted character becomes something totally different and incongruous. And due to these moments being at significant points in her storyline, it is what leaves a lasting impression.

1 hour ago, Horse of Kent said:

Okay, I could've phrased that better. For a decent amount of the time she seems to be one of the characters D&D do have a good grip of (which is a little weird, seeing as she is one of the most misunderstood book characters), but when it comes to important moments, such as the latest series finale, they still allow the merged bit of LSH to take over her character. This leads to a mess where her usual multi-faceted character becomes something totally different and incongruous. And due to these moments being at significant points in her storyline, it is what leaves a lasting impression.

Revenge is still a major part of Arya's storyline, in both the books and the show, but it's not the only part. Arya hanging on to her identity and reuniting with her family is also a major part.

2 hours ago, Dragon in the North said:

Revenge is still a major part of Arya's storyline, in both the books and the show, but it's not the only part. Arya hanging on to her identity and reuniting with her family is also a major part.

Book Arya would never kill someone, cut them up, stick them in a pie then serve them to relatives, but that was the culmination of her arc on the show for the season.

4 hours ago, Horse of Kent said:

Yes, I agree with that. I've said tis in the Got forum many times, the way they portrait Arya since s5 is weird. During the season I can see her as book Arya but when it comes to the finales she is unrecognisable, like she morphed into a killing machine. In the books, at least, we get to see her fears and motivations when she is killing, but in the s6 finale the only thing I remember is that she just cut Freys into pieces, cooked them to create a cannibalistic pie (shocking moments), and I prefer not to comment on the possible s7 leaks where

Spoiler

she is supposed to kill people who is not on her list and that should belong to another character.

14 minutes ago, Horse of Kent said:

Book Arya would never kill someone, cut them up, stick them in a pie then serve them to relatives, but that was the culmination of her arc on the show for the season.

I saw that more as a nod to book readers, but I don't think there's anything from the books that indicates she wouldn't be willing to cook men into pies.

7 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, I agree with that. I've said tis in the Got forum many times, the way they portrait Arya since s5 is weird. During the season I can see her as book Arya but when it comes to the finales she is unrecognisable, like she morphed into a killing machine. In the books, at least, we get to see her fears and motivations when she is killing, but in the s6 finale the only thing I remember is that she just cut Freys into pieces, cooked them to create a cannibalistic pie (shocking moments), and I prefer not to comment on the possible s7 leaks where

Reveal hidden contents

she is supposed to kill people who is not on her list and that should belong to another character.

She resembles her book counterpart in this regard.

Winds of Winter released chapter spoiler:

In Mercy, she seduces Raff, kills him in a disturbing manner, and then simply prances off to perform in her play. How do her actions in the show differ from this?

1 minute ago, Dragon in the North said:

Winds released chapter spoiler:

Hide contents

In Mercy, she seduces Raff, kills him in a disturbing manner, and then simply prances off to perform in her play. How do her actions in the show differ from this?

Spoiler

While she kills him she says the same words that Raff said to Lommy, it's a personal thing. While I agree that killing Meryn is also personal, the way she did it was too bloody compared to the books'. Frey Pies are also more bloody as well. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

if the leaks of s7 are true

posionosing every single Frey male (and not women) is also very weird. It's not personal. She just killed Walder and his sons. Fine. Now She doesn't know if all the Freys knew/wanted to do that and if so, it's weird she thinks all the women are innocent just because they are women.

13 minutes ago, Dragon in the North said:

Winds of Winter released chapter spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

She runs with him to her room to get his heart racing, subtly opens his femoral artery and then slits his throat when there is no danger of resistance using the time to remind him of his crime - a relatively efficient way of killing a very dangerous opponent.

All told, book Arya values a largely clean 'Northern' execution at the hands of whoever did the sentencing. 

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:
  Reveal hidden contents

While she kills him she says the same words that Raff said to Lommy, it's a personal thing. While I agree that killing Meryn is also personal, the way she did it was too bloody compared to the books'. Frey Pies are also more bloody as well. 

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

if the leaks of s7 are true

posionosing every single Frey male (and not women) is also very weird. It's not personal. She just killed Walder and his sons. Fine. Now She doesn't know if all the Freys knew/wanted to do that and if so, it's weird she thinks all the women are innocent just because they are women.

For some reason, Arya seducing Raff was far more disturbing to me than any of her kills. I'm not sure what that says about me.

Anyway, Show Arya does seem to enjoy killing more than Book Arya, who's only indifferent to it, but I don't find it that big of a leap in character. Arya only kills those who have harmed her friends or family. Book Arya has killed those that may not have harmed anyone (Dareon and the Bolton soldier at Harrenhal). They're both in a dark place at the moment.

17 minutes ago, Dragon in the North said:
  Hide contents

For some reason, Arya seducing Raff was far more disturbing to me than any of her kills. I'm not sure what that says about me.

Anyway, Show Arya does seem to enjoy killing more than Book Arya, who's only indifferent to it, but I don't find it that big of a leap in character. Arya only kills those who have harmed her friends or family. Book Arya has killed those that may not have harmed anyone (Dareon and the Bolton soldier at Harrenhal). They're both in a dark place at the moment.

Spoiler

Arya, in the show, offered herself as a prostiture to kill Meryn Trant, although she didn't even need to kiss him like in the Mercy chapter in which she needs to do that so as to kill him. 

In the show Arya has also killed random people. 

There are characters who are more troubled than her. Although the Frey pies really bother me.

7 hours ago, Ser Matt Dayne said:

I don't get why they take such joy in it but there you go!

I don't know. They could have named anyone.....but still they mentioned MF, when they know they deliberately cut LSH's character bc they wanted.

Cutting LSH was one of the best moves by the show. When I heard about it before I read the books , I was glad , and after I read them I was even more glad.

i subscribe to all the arguments that people have already made . It would of cheapened Jon Snows res and also would    make the red wedding seem less important .  

11 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't know. They could have named anyone.....but still they mentioned MF, when they know they deliberately cut LSH's character bc they wanted.

Yeah I agree that it was unnecessary.

5 hours ago, Jack.Stark said:

i subscribe to all the arguments that people have already made . It would of cheapened Jon Snows res and also would    make the red wedding seem less important .  

Well the red wedding already becomes less important after it happens since only two house gives two hoots about them on the show and we've had Four characters other than jon be bought back from the dead so how lsh makes it any cheaper is beyond me.

6 minutes ago, The Bear Who Knocks said:

Yeah I agree that it was unnecessary.

Well the red wedding already becomes less important after it happens since only two house gives two hoots about them on the show and we've had Four characters other than jon be bought back from the dead so how lsh makes it any cheaper is beyond me.

No I'm talking about important to people watching it. It gave it a defifintive end and no belief that anything good would happen to the Starks.

What 4 show characters have been resurrected ?

Beric, which sets the precedent .

who else? The mountain ? Which became some zombie thing.

Making Catlyn into LSH was stupid , glad the show cut it out .

19 minutes ago, Jack.Stark said:

No I'm talking about important to people watching it. It gave it a defifintive end and no belief that anything good would happen to the Starks.

What 4 show characters have been resurrected ?

Beric, which sets the precedent .

who else? The mountain ? Which became some zombie thing.

Making Catlyn into LSH was stupid , glad the show cut it out .

Beric, the hound, benjen (although he could be considered not to have been dead) and the mountain

Archived