why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

On 27/6/2016 at 10:09 AM, Rex999 said:

why was Ladystoneheart cut out

So Arya can be the one that takes her place and gets revenge on the Freys

Its now become very clear that Arya has taken that storyline ( she also took Wyman Manderly story)

I will not be surprised if she is the one who ends up joining up with the brotherhood without banners and tries to kill Brianna  

Honestly this one of the few changes that I actually like

rather than dragging Catelyn Stark corpses into the story   

they simple replaced her with a bloodthirsty Arya stark ( someone who had already been killing freys since season 3)

It was smart move on D&D part and a change that I fully support

There will be no Revenge-LSh story. All we saw is one short scene that has nothing to do with LSH, and I honestly doubt they will make her a new leader of the BWB trying to kill Freys, considering she has killed them all...uhm.

Brienne (I supposed Brianna is Brienne=?) will not be hanged. The ship has sailed for that. And if she is finnallyhanged, the circumstances will differ so much to pretend it's the same.

It's not a change. I never thought LSH would kill Walder Frey at his home. It's not her style. It's Arya's story. (Don't know if in the books will be the same but it's likely). Nothing to do with LSH.

On 28/6/2016 at 1:44 PM, Kelly Koehorst said:

Arya taking out Filthy Frey was not satisfying to me at all, it felt rushed and lame(just like most of the finale). Guess we don't need LSH anymore because both her daughters are taking the role of 'psycho'. I'm pissed, the entire Riverlands plot was pointless filler. The BWB don't feel like they are going to matter anyway, so why bother bringing them back when you have to get rid of characters to make room for the endgame. 

And the worst is all the trolling throughout the season(s), actors messing with us, dumb fans making fake leaks, and D&D not just telling us how it is. Just tell us she is out instead of keeping us on a leash.

Completely agree with you: rushed (like other character storylines that don't involve Jon, Cersei, Tyrion or Dany) and there were hints everywhere, just like the Valyrian fire, like 3 or 4 in the previous episodes, and it happened.

Nevertheless, maybe the BWB will have an important role beyond the 5th book but I agree the showrunners not wanting to tell she was cut is just not normal and I feel completely disappointed avoiding her, but, instead, having a FrankerGregor, for instance. It's just disrespectful to book  LSH fans.

On 27/6/2016 at 4:58 AM, RumHam said:

So it was worse than I expected! Black Walder and Lothar were apparently added to the list off-screen. Or Turner was just speaking imprecisely, as people tend to do. That Frey Pie scene was not all it could have been. So weak compared to the books.

There's always next season though, right? Melisandre is heading south with nothing else to do...

Then there is the list thing......better to laugh at it.

Always truthers, until 7.finale, just after the credits? I don't think I can be on that hype again. It's disappointing.

8 minutes ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

I have been over Arya and her story since S4, possibly even S3.  I was in suspense when she fled KL and the Lannister army was on her tail, but now she's borrowed LF's jetpack to perform super ninja assassinations on an entire great House.

Why in the world are you complaining that the show only shows the good bits, not the long dreary bits? Seriously, this teleport and jetpack talk is increasingly offensive.  Nobody wants to be bored out of their gourds forced to watch all the plodding travel between important bits. That’s just crazy talk.

"What would be the point of bringing back Michelle Fairley to play a zombie for a few episodes?" - Alex "It became consensual" Graves

Season 6:

Robert Strong

Uncle Coldhands

Emo Snuh

15 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

"What would be the point of bringing back Michelle Fairley to play a zombie for a few episodes?" - Alex "It became consensual" Graves

Season 6:

Robert Strong

Uncle Coldhands

Emo Snuh

exactly. 58 pages of speculation because of strong hints and similar things that happened amonsgt these.

7 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Why in the world are you complaining that the show only shows the good bits, not the long dreary bits? Seriously, this teleport and jetpack talk is increasingly offensive.  Nobody wants to be bored out of their gourds forced to watch all the plodding travel between important bits. That’s just crazy talk.

You do realize that traveling can be filmed to be interesting, right? I mean, there is an entire genre called "road movies", and some of them are even considered great, like Rain Man for example: won Oscar for the best picture that year. People interact with other people while traveling, things happen on journeys, characters grow and develop... I mean, were you bored when Yoren was taking Arya and the rest of them through Riverlands? Of course, you need an actually talented writer to write interesting travel bits, and since George doesn't write for the show any more, travel scenes are obviously beyond this show's capacities.

3 hours ago, StepStark said:

You do realize that traveling can be filmed to be interesting, right? I mean, there is an entire genre called "road movies", and some of them are even considered great, like Rain Man for example: won Oscar for the best picture that year. People interact with other people while traveling, things happen on journeys, characters grow and develop... I mean, were you bored when Yoren was taking Arya and the rest of them through Riverlands? Of course, you need an actually talented writer to write interesting travel bits, and since George doesn't write for the show any more, travel scenes are obviously beyond this show's capacities.

Yoren taking Arya through the Riverlands was neccessary to her plot and there were plot points in those travels. It also was early in Arya's story in Clash, and served as set up. A lot of the travel happened in early books were character building and scene setting. 

In the later books, Brienne traveling is probably the most consistently criticized points across the board in AFFC. And Tyrion traveling without much direction was similar one of the bigger issues people have with Dance. 

Travel works when there are in plot reasons to show the travel and it becomes important later. The best example would be the Stark's travel to KL in the first book/season. Because there were neccessary important events and conversations that occurred that informed the plot. 

But we're at a point in the story where unless a major plot development happens while traveling all it does is artificially extend the story. And quite frankely, considering that the most consistent issue the public at large had with season 5 and episodes 7-8 of season 6 were that it was too slow and too much set up, unless something major happens in the travel, it's probably better to avoid it. 

Especially in a medium where you don't get inner monologues so you don't get the advantage of a character maybe having some  self relflection and revealing a bit about themselves and the world through their thoughts. 

I really just can't see how anything is better because we slowed everything down to show Arya on a ship heading to Westeros for a few minutes, or Jamie traveling back to King's Landing from the twins, or showing Olenna in a carriage heading to Dorne. It just makes an already long show, even longer. 

Still so annoyed at this. Biggest mistake D&D did. 

And why the hell did they bring her men into it to slaughter the sept, only to kill them with Beric an episode later? How cruel can they get?

11 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Yoren taking Arya through the Riverlands was neccessary to her plot and there were plot points in those travels. It also was early in Arya's story in Clash, and served as set up. A lot of the travel happened in early books were character building and scene setting. 

In the later books, Brienne traveling is probably the most consistently criticized points across the board in AFFC. And Tyrion traveling without much direction was similar one of the bigger issues people have with Dance. 

Travel works when there are in plot reasons to show the travel and it becomes important later. The best example would be the Stark's travel to KL in the first book/season. Because there were neccessary important events and conversations that occurred that informed the plot. 

But we're at a point in the story where unless a major plot development happens while traveling all it does is artificially extend the story. And quite frankely, considering that the most consistent issue the public at large had with season 5 and episodes 7-8 of season 6 were that it was too slow and too much set up, unless something major happens in the travel, it's probably better to avoid it. 

Especially in a medium where you don't get inner monologues so you don't get the advantage of a character maybe having some  self relflection and revealing a bit about themselves and the world through their thoughts. 

I really just can't see how anything is better because we slowed everything down to show Arya on a ship heading to Westeros for a few minutes, or Jamie traveling back to King's Landing from the twins, or showing Olenna in a carriage heading to Dorne. It just makes an already long show, even longer. 

At this point I only wonder why are you quoting me, since my post really has nothing to do with yours. I mean, did I say that I want boring travels in the show? Did anyone? LOL!!! I'm just rebutting the assumption that all travelings are boring, which is as stupid an assumption as they get. When people say that Arya appearing at the Twins is rushed, it doesn't mean that people want to see Arya traveling from A to B. At least, I don't. But I want to see important or interesting things happening to Arya while she's traveling. I don't want a story that just jumps from one "big moment" to the next one, because it misses any context and overall picture. But that's what this show is all about: supposedly "big moments" that are announced with a dramatic score and overacting, but without any proper context, which is why the show is so empty of any deeper meaning.

And maybe it's for the better, because Arya's Braavos excuse for an arc showed us that D&D are really incapable of delivering any context. They wasted two seasons on that ridiculous storyline that eventually resulted in nothing other than Arya being able to mysteriously appear on the other side of the world and kill people in a way stolen from the books.

And speaking of the books, of course that you're completely and unsurprisingly wrong about Brienne's AFFC chapters, that are so much more than just traveling. Tyrion's ADWD chapters are better example and I have to admit I think it is one of the lower points in the series, but it's not nearly as terrible as people make it out to be (it could've been condensed a little, and everything would be fine). But Brienne in AFFC is something else and LSH is one of the main reasons why. Pity if you can't see that.

Totally disappointed with no LSH: no energy for more replies in a while in that thread. Everything is said and done, everything is discussed about her from my point of view. And the blatant news is that the hints exist, and were huge. Period. If you are in denial, it's ok. If you don't like her, It's OK. I respect your opinion, but won't reply any more, because it's 30 pages of that, discussing why is not logic not showing her and showing other similar things about the same theme instead.

Disappointed. Tired. Done. I had a great time discussing her with you here, guys. 

And for truthers:

LSH is still in the books :)

as much as I would have loved to see her in the show.

LSH, the true leader of BWB.

virtual ale for the truthers :cheers:. Thank you for your insights and good discussion here to veryone who contributed.

1 minute ago, StepStark said:

At this point I only wonder why are you quoting me, since my post really has nothing to do with yours. I mean, did I say that I want boring travels in the show? Did anyone? LOL!!! I'm just rebutting the assumption that all travelings are boring, which is as stupid an assumption as they get. When people say that Arya appearing at the Twins is rushed, it doesn't mean that people want to see Arya traveling from A to B. At least, I don't. But I want to see important or interesting things happening to Arya while she's traveling. I don't want a story that just jumps from one "big moment" to the next one, because it misses any context and overall picture. But that's what this show is all about: supposedly "big moments" that are announced with a dramatic score and overacting, but without any proper context, which is why the show is so empty of any deeper meaning.

And maybe it's for the better, because Arya's Braavos excuse for an arc showed us that D&D are really incapable of delivering any context. They wasted two seasons on that ridiculous storyline that eventually resulted in nothing other than Arya being able to mysteriously appear on the other side of the world and kill people in a way stolen from the books.

And speaking of the books, of course that you're completely and unsurprisingly wrong about Brienne's AFFC chapters, that are so much more than just traveling. Tyrion's ADWD chapters are better example and I have to admit I think it is one of the lower points in the series, but it's not nearly as terrible as people make it out to be (it could've been condensed a little, and everything would be fine). But Brienne in AFFC is something else and LSH is one of the main reasons why. Pity if you can't see that.

Brienne's travel stories pick up when there's actually something in the plot happening that has purpose. It's the wandering that makes it tedious. I agree with you, when there are legitimate plot points, it's great writing. My issue is that there are large sections that are just traveling and description. You can gut all that and go to the point.

I don't hate travel in the series. I hate travel for the sake of showing it. With Arya, what purpose is there to show her traveling? The arc got dragged out enough and could have happened in one season if the rest of the show was set for it. Just like Jamie and Brienne got the shaft because the storylines that mattered to them only had so much content and were in a holding pattern so other storylines could catch up. Which resulted in Dorne and Brienne standing around.

I get that you are saying you can make it interesting. But do you really need more context than Arya got training and then went back to Westeros to kill the man who betrayed her family. It's straightforward. If you want to see interesting things happen to her while she's traveling, fine. But to what end? Especially when the purpose is she's going back to kill people on her list.

Anyways the real reason we didn't get lady Stoneheart is obvious. She would have had to appear 2 seasons ago. She was a major reveal. And she would have had only one scene without adding material.

58 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Totally disappointed with no LSH: no energy for more replies in a while in that thread. Everything is said and done, everything is discussed about her from my point of view. And the blatant news is that the hints exist, and were huge. Period. If you are in denial, it's ok. If you don't like her, It's OK. I respect your opinion, but won't reply any more, because it's 30 pages of that, discussing why is not logic not showing her and showing other similar things about the same theme instead.

Disappointed. Tired. Done. I had a great time discussing her with you here, guys. 

And for truthers:

virtual ale for the truthers :cheers:. Thank you for your insights and good discussion here to veryone who contributed.

Agreed fuck that garbage fan service scene with muh Arya shock value

4 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

And for truthers:

Right with you Meera, if nothing else it was so enjoyable to discuss the possibility. 

23 minutes ago, Ser Matt Dayne said:

Right with you Meera, if nothing else it was so enjoyable to discuss the possibility. 

yes we had a good time at least.....we had a lot of things to discuss....

maybe we will get some questions answered when comic con arrives.....LSH is always a hot topic

Archived