Orange is the New Black

Jack Bauer 24

Enjoyed the season, but not sure I'd agree with a lot of people here saying it's the best. I LOVED the flashbacks, but this was a whole season of throwaway type episodes, it didn't feel cohesive and scary like it has in the past. I did enjoy it though.

POUSSEY AND SOSO

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ruby Rose's character Stella was hot but boring as fuck tbh. A lot of stuff this season was a bit boring really.

Is it bad that I'm watching episode 13 right now and

when they're dragging So So's limp body out of the library and we get a flashback to her life, I thought "god damn it, nobody gives a fuck about seeing SoSo's stupid life.

I'm glad this show has such interesting characters, because I find Piper and Alex kind of boring. Her on screen is more tolerable now that Larry and her ex-best-friend are gone, but her story still is less interesting than everything else going on in prison. I think the last time I really cared about Piper was in season 1 when she got into it with Pennsatucky (who has become a surprisingly sympathetic character now).

Finished. Loved it, as usual.

Pennsatucky has quietly become quite sympathetic, while Piper turned into a fucking nutjob (but I love it, she's cool-scary)

I thought the lake-escape dragged on for a little too long, I'd rather have spent a few of those precious seconds with another storyline, but I actually loved the way SoSo has become part of the black family. And this with me ranting about her literally as recently as when I started the final episode.

Minor S3 spoilers/speculation on next season

I'm guessing next season will have a lot of Judy King (which I can't lie, I'm looking forward to it just as much as the inmates) but I hope we also get flashbacks for Blanca, Maritza (who I'm guessing will play a role in the downfall of Donut Rapist), Gina, Anita and that new woman who has the crush on Crazy Eyes). Also wouldn't mind back story for Lolly. She seems to have been around.

Finished season 3

I loved it thought it was easily the best season. I don't get anyone saying it wasn't about anything or having an overall plot. To me the plot was change. Change with the inmates, change within the prison officers, change with the prison system itself. Every character changed. Piper from (supposed to be) sympathetic to antagonistic, Pennsatucky from antagonistic to sympathetic, Vause from outsider to really part of the place, Daya from daughter to mother, Black Cindy to a new religion, and so on.

It felt like the show got streamlined this season, almost everything that bogged it down in places in prior seasons got cut. I kept going from episode to episode not being able to stop because it was so good and had few real slow parts that made me want to take break.

Most of my favorite or parts I found most engrossing have been mentioned. Boo and Pennsatucky, Sophia's plot, Crazy Eye's story, all the backstories.

I really like Tank Girl and glad she got transferred there this season. I loved her and Chang's conversation.

Another great moment was Tastee realizing she was the "mother".

Great season. Great show.

I think it feels less tied together because there's no villain you can really put your finger on in this season. I get what they were trying to do with the prison privatization- it's more insidious and system-wide than just a single villain- but as drama it's harder to write and make a good arc for than the rise and fall of Vee in S2. Since this season immediately follows that storyline, which was very well-plotted and well-written, it just contrasts more.

Is it bad that I'm watching episode 13 right now and

when they're dragging So So's limp body out of the library and we get a flashback to her life, I thought "god damn it, nobody gives a fuck about seeing SoSo's stupid life.

i freaking love soso tbh

Okay, I've not finished yet but going I have to say

the season seems lacking in something. It's all a bit unfocused and disjointed, like each episode is its own piece, rather than a single season as a cohesive story. Don't get me wrong, the back stories and characters are still great, but it lacks a proper plot line that carries the season. Imo, anyway.

I do like what's going on with Alex and Whitehall atm though. I just watched the episode where Whitehall seems to have taken a shard of glass from the broken greenhouse window, and I'm enjoying trying to figure out whether it's all Alex's paranoia or she is actually correct.

I didn't think it possible to dislike Piper anymore than I did. I was sadly mistaken. She annoys the hell out of me, I'm just glad there are plenty of other great characters on the show, because whenever she is on screen I just facepalm.

The Rent-a-Rabbi :lol: I love Cindy :lol:

Suzanne's erotica thing :lol:

Where is Bennett? I was sure he would show up again. Still, guess there are still some episodes left.

Morello, I feel so bad for her. I hate seeing her when she is all down :( and Nicky :crying: miss her already.

The girl Piper kissed at the end of the last episode (the tattoo girl, sorry, I really am terrible at getting names right) looks so much like someone I went to school with, just aged up and given tattoos. It was so weird when she popped up on screen

The corporation who have taken over Litchfield are dull and almost cartoonish. They might as well be twirling their evil villainous moustaches and smoking money cigars while they jet off to Paris for the weekend. No interest in hem whatsoever

Finished.

If Alex survives, she can start a new group, the Paranoid Ladies With Glasses, because those two were quite entertaining together and S3 showed that Alex can be interesting and tolerable when separated from Piper.

Soso and Poussey are adorable, of course. I'm really glad Red played Healy, i feared the worst for a while. Piper is still hilarious in her unlikeable, annoying way, she will be a fantastic villain. Not enough Watson this season, though.

Most emotional/heartwarming thing about S3 wasn't even the lake, imo, but the overarching maternity theme, or whatever you want to call it, with the spanish girls. From the interactions between the mothers to the very different mother/child relationships, it was really unique and honest (and funny, obviously) for a tv series. Okay, maybe Pensatucky's story beats it on an emotional level but it was still great.

Okay, I've not finished yet but going I have to say

the season seems lacking in something. It's all a bit unfocused and disjointed, like each episode is its own piece, rather than a single season as a cohesive story. Don't get me wrong, the back stories and characters are still great, but it lacks a proper plot line that carries the season. Imo, anyway.

I do like what's going on with Alex and Whitehall atm though. I just watched the episode where Whitehall seems to have taken a shard of glass from the broken greenhouse window, and I'm enjoying trying to figure out whether it's all Alex's paranoia or she is actually correct.

I didn't think it possible to dislike Piper anymore than I did. I was sadly mistaken. She annoys the hell out of me, I'm just glad there are plenty of other great characters on the show, because whenever she is on screen I just facepalm.

The Rent-a-Rabbi :lol: I love Cindy :lol:

Suzanne's erotica thing :lol:

Where is Bennett? I was sure he would show up again. Still, guess there are still some episodes left.

Morello, I feel so bad for her. I hate seeing her when she is all down :( and Nicky :crying: miss her already.

The girl Piper kissed at the end of the last episode (the tattoo girl, sorry, I really am terrible at getting names right) looks so much like someone I went to school with, just aged up and given tattoos. It was so weird when she popped up on screen

The corporation who have taken over Litchfield are dull and almost cartoonish. They might as well be twirling their evil villainous moustaches and smoking money cigars while they jet off to Paris for the weekend. No interest in hem whatsoever

I completely agree with you tbh. Have really enjoyed this season for sure, but it's definitely lacking in my opinion.

I think it feels less tied together because there's no villain you can really put your finger on in this season. I get what they were trying to do with the prison privatization- it's more insidious and system-wide than just a single villain- but as drama it's harder to write and make a good arc for than the rise and fall of Vee in S2. Since this season immediately follows that storyline, which was very well-plotted and well-written, it just contrasts more

That explains it very well, I understand now. I still personally like the contrast though, I like that it’s not another villian like Vee but something different.

The big bad corporation people maybe a little too abstract, but when they even go so far as to reference “big brother” in an episode, I think it works.

Maybe they’re a little too cartoony in their “evilness” but maybe not. There’s been some crazy things reported to have said by corporate honchos or just out of touch rich people in general.

There’s also things that I absolutely know are possible like

what happened to Angie.

I don’t know if I ever would have thought that too unrealistic without my experience, but because of that I know that it really does happen.

We had a waiter work for us like 25 years ago. He was a coke addict and we didn’t know it. He had also been stealing from us and he knew we were about to have an audit of the accounts because we felt some things weren’t adding up, and the weekend before we were going to get through it, he breaks into out place and steals all the cash on hand and goes on a major bender.

He kept running out of money and coming back to look for more all night long. He came back like three times during the night. The last time was just before we’d be arriving to open. He didn’t find enough so he went to the TCBY in the same shopping center that was just opening. He beat up a poor 62-year-old woman and took their money.

He went on the run, this was on a Sunday, the next day he hit the big time, he started robbing bank. So he got on the news and everything, even got a nickname.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1992-11-13/news/1992318217_1_robbery-suspect-bank-holdup-bank-robber-sought

He completely pulled the wool over our eyes. We thought he was a great guy until he pulled his capers, we never would have thought he'd do anything like this.

Anyway, with a bank robbery and everything he got a long sentence. But maybe a year later I hear a news story about him. He was being transferred and the paperwork got confused and they let him go. They even put him on a bus and dropped him off somewhere. They found him a day later and brought him back to prison.

Well shit. Just watch the 'We Can Be Heroes' episode:

I was sobbing at the Boo/Pennsatucky scene. Really. That was hard to watch.

Piper is a fucking bitch. Eww. Gross. I mean...Ewww, just...ew.

I hate Leanne. Maybe because I was bullied myself, but I feel terrible for Soso

This was probably the best episode of the season so far though. Double points for Miss Rosa cameo...

Yeah, I actually did think that maybe the writer was trying to make us hate Piper intentionally, but I'm not sure. If it's not deliberate, then yeah, she made one seriously unlikable protagonist. :ack:

I think I'm going to go back and start a season 1 re-watch tonight. :cheers:

The writer also wrote Weeds, where they really doubled down on protag-hate near the end. It's definitely deliberate.

I also like Alex a LOT more this season. Really liked her.

Is Piper a sociopath??

She's a narcissist.

Dayanarra is the worst. So boring.

The problem with Daya is that her mother is always around and is constantly a shit.

I just can't stand her, even when I agree. Wasn't she the one that talked her into keeping this baby on narcissistic grounds? And now with every problem she has a new shitty solution.

Archived