Jack Bauer 24

Orange is the New Black

383 posts in this topic

It had some good moments, but overall it was disappointing. I cant understand why the two meth heads and Neo Nazis are getting so much screen time. I couldn't care less about them. The meth heads make me cringe.

I believe the series will wrap after S7.   

Agree with most people here about overall quality of s5. Still had some bright spots though.

Thing that bothers me the most is how Suzanne got a fee pass for being at least 50% to blame for Washington's death.

This season was so disappointing on so many levels. The black girls continue to be very annoying caricatures and characters. And Taystee, the most sympathetic and complex one blaming Caputo for Poussey's death knowing that he wasn't responsible or at fault is incredibly frustrating to watch. The inmates' treatment of the guards is reprehensible and it made it hard to sympathise with any of the characters, however these are convicted felons after all so I guess that was to be expected. 

Overall, things meandered for far too long, the cast feels too bloated and not in a good way like early GoT or Lost, the flashbacks lacked the weight of the previous seasons and the payoffs were simply not worth it. The overall lack of structure suffered as a result. 

One of the few bright spots were Linda's turn at playing an inmate which was fun to watch and the two Latina girls, Flaca and Maritza are still very entertaining to watch. But otherwise, a huge downswing in quality from the first 4. 

The cast needs a refresh badly.