Orange is the New Black

Jack Bauer 24

But come on guys, you are all leaving out the best part of the season:

The Chicken! :p

I dont understand all this dislike for Dayanara. Dont find her boring at all, and she is one of the less contemptible inmates imo

Sex with an inmate is rape. They can't consent. Also, he's a drug dealer and he staged a suicide of that one girl. So I don't think Daya would be too worried about him.

Sex with an inmate is rape. They can't consent. Also, he's a drug dealer and he staged a suicide of that one girl. So I don't think Data would be too worried about him.

This this this. Every time I start to maybe feel a little sorry that he is in prison now I remember Tricia(?). So long, farewell, dickhead.

Does anyone know why the woman who always cries while on the phone doesn't wear the kaki uniform but a blue dress? No one else in the prison seems to own one like it, and she never gets punished for it.

Does anyone know why the woman who always cries while on the phone doesn't wear the kaki uniform but a blue dress? No one else in the prison seems to own one like it, and she never gets punished for it.

I'm not sure how I never noticed this. Maybe they just have learned it's not worth confronting her over minor stuff and having her break down. I don't think the dress code is that strict, doesn't Red also not wear the uniform?

Sex with an inmate is rape. They can't consent. Also, he's a drug dealer and he staged a suicide of that one girl. So I don't think Daya would be too worried about him.

Yeah; he is a disgusting, horrible human being. tbh I wouldn't feel bad about putting him behind bars. and like you said, technically sex with an inmate IS rape so he DID rape her.

^I think Red wears the inner white shirt everyone else wears beneath their kaki uniform, but she never wears the kaki over it. Just like Washington wears the grey one. And Tiffany wears the grey hoodie. I think everyone else owns at least one of these things, they all just mix it up. But the blue dress seems unique.

Yeah, I thought it looked like a nightie. However, I'd like to say that best outfit in the prison has to be this :lol:

Heck yeh. :P

I actually really loved Alex this season and I was kinda bored with her a lot of the time in the previous seasons but the actress really killed it this season and I felt so bad for her.

I've found this season to be efficient. I wasn't blown away or anything, but there were enough excellent scenes to make it worth watching.

I particularly liked that Piper has gone full out narcissistic sociopath. It was always a bit nauseating watching her pretend she was some sort of good person. The other characters and stories, though, is what really drives the show for me. I'm more interested in them. Pennsatucky, Sophia, and So-So had some of the most moving scenes. I found myself choking up quite a bit with them, and it felt earned rather than just sad horrible stuff for the sake of it. I found that when Bennett left, I could finally get invested in Daya's story. Seriously, those two together always took me right out of things, zero chemistry, zero intelligence when they are standing next to one another. I sort of love that Healy keeps on being Healy. No change at all. Same old misogynist bigot we first met. I feel like I've met dozens of these sorts of men.

Yup, efficient season. I'll tune in for season 4, want to see more about how privatizing the prison will continue to have negative effects on all of these characters, the workers and the prisoners.

Am I crazy/forgetting something, or did they transfer the astrology nut from the season two premier along with Lolly and then never use her again?

I forgot about about her. She was extra creepy. I don't recall her transferring though.

the bullshit ''oh my girlfriend is soooooOOOOooo crazy and it's not sexy'' REALLY. FUCKED. ME. OFF.

That shit pissed me off too. The second Alex isn't focused solely on Piper she cheats and rectifies it with "she's paranoid and crazy and that's not sexy". F U Piper. She's just an awful person.

Is the real Piper this awful? She wrote the book - did she portray herself this way?

I forgot about about her. She was extra creepy. I don't recall her transferring though.

That shit pissed me off too. The second Alex isn't focused solely on Piper she cheats and rectifies it with "she's paranoid and crazy and that's not sexy". F U Piper. She's just an awful person.

Is the real Piper this awful? She wrote the book - did she portray herself this way?

Well, she married Larry.

Also, the dress. I know everyone is annoyed by now. But their nighties are long, grey tshirts and some wear white boxers. By now you've all figured out that I'm usually the weird guy who gets fixated on the things in the background no one else cares about. I just wondered if anyone knew what it meant is all.

As to the first part, while it's completely true I just think it's unlikely you would have the same level of reaction to him generally if you were in her position, rather than someone who has seen all of his vileness through the biased lens that is t.v. All I'm saying is that Dayanara seems to be fine with giving him a punishment which is disproportionate to the crime she knows he has committed. And while that's contemptible in itself, my real issue is that it's inconsistent with her later principles.

But she knows he raped her, she knows he dealt drugs and she suspects he was involved in Tricia's death. Besides, she has displayed guilt over him being imprisoned and her attitudes have always been changeable depending on her circumstances and who she's listening to at that point. I don't agree that it's poor characterisation.

And I hope no-one here thinks that a guard being invited by a prisoner to have sex with them is as immoral as a man forcing a woman to have sex with her.

Yeah, I have no problem saying the two are equally immoral.

I thought I noticed her in the group when Lolly first showed up. It could have just been someone who looked vaguely like her and my brain made the false connection cause she was with someone else from that episode.

Archived