The Complete Winds of Winter Resource v. 2

BryndenBFish

I believe and hope this will be Damphair chapter - he was eager to read it all those years back, Greyjoy storiline is often criticised as being reduntant, extraneous, etc - so this could be anoither way of him proving that "yes, Greyjoys matter and they are in the book for a reason".

Ive not any sample chapters nor do I intend to, however I do know who the POV is.

My question is when did the last ADWD sample chapter come out/was read in relation to an April 2011 completion/July 2011 publishing date?

Wikipedia says 2010...

Not that it means much but if there were say 6 months between the last ADWD sample chapter and him finishing, would be a nice guide for me to hold my expectations by.

Ive not any sample chapters nor do I intend to, however I do know who the POV is.

My question is when did the last ADWD sample chapter come out/was read in relation to an April 2011 completion/July 2011 publishing date?

Wikipedia says 2010...

Not that it means much but if there were say 6 months between the last ADWD sample chapter and him finishing, would be a nice guide for me to hold my expectations by.

This is exactly what I want to know but people keep telling me its got nothing to do with this thread :'(

Bummer. I wonder if there was any pertinent news or hints or answers to questions.

Someone asked about Robb's will about legitimizing Jon and whether it will ever be addressed. Martin responded by saying all important issues will be addressed.

Someone asked about Robb's will about legitimizing Jon and whether it will ever be addressed. Martin responded by saying all important issues will be addressed.

Ah, now we just need to determine what he deems to be important issues. :D

Bummer. I wonder if there was any pertinent news or hints or answers to questions.

According to some reports:

Someone asked if "Howland, Eddard

and Jon were the only people to leave the Tower of Joy alive," and GRRM amusedly said that, "Howland and Eddard" were the only people to leave the Tower of Joy alive. Which seems to throw a wrench in some versions of R+L=J.

Could be a semantic way around that, but on a surface reading it's fairly major.

and Jon were the only people to leave the Tower of Joy alive," and GRRM amusedly said that, "Howland and Eddard" were the only people to leave the Tower of Joy alive. Which seems to throw a wrench in some versions of R+L=J.

Could be a semantic way around that, but on a surface reading it's fairly major.

It's unlikely he'd confirm R+L=J in a Q&A session. Just classic GRRM avoidance I'd contend.

The only wrench it throws is the idea that

Jon and Lyanna were at the tower of joy at all, and not someplace else like Starfall.

eh, it could be that Jon Snow hadn't been named yet, so it was Howland, Eddard and the as-yet-unnamed baby.

Archived