Xray the Enforcer

[TWOW Spoilers] Alayne I, v. 3

588 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, chrisdaw said:

Or he just uses snowflakes melting in sad scenes in place of tears where it wouldn't make sense to have the actual characters cry.

I really like this a lot but it still doesn't work in some instances. 

On 9/12/2017 at 4:00 PM, Lost Melnibonean said:

That's an understatement! Poor Sansa. 

Does anyone think that the Mad Mouse will make off with her? My hunch is that he will try, and Petyr will use the episode to make her feel even more dependent on him. 

That is exactly what I think, he will have help. I think Sansa will find herself back in King's Landing for trial by combat. This will facilitate the long sought "Cleganebowl".

2 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

That is exactly what I think, he will have help. I think Sansa will find herself back in King's Landing for trial by combat. This will facilitate the long sought "Cleganebowl".

I don't see how the Mad Mouse makes off with her. What's he going to do, drug her and tie her over the back of his horse? How else does she end up in King's Landing? Petyr is not like to send her back, and the folks that oppose Petyr would be even less likely to send her to Cersei. 

ETA

Maybe she tries to escape from Petyr, and the Mad Mouse offers to protect her, but tricks her and takes her to King's Landing? 

Edited by Lost Melnibonean

5 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

I don't see how the Mad Mouse makes off with her. What's he going to do, drug her and tie her over the back of his horse? How else does she end up in King's Landing? Petyr is not like to send her back, and the folks that oppose Petyr would be even less likely to send her to Cersei. 

ETA

Maybe she tries to escape from Petyr, and the Mad Mouse offers to protect her, but tricks her and takes her to King's Landing? 

That could be but what I think is the ghost of high heart's prophecy, cleganes dualing over her fate is what I interpreted it to mean.

The Mad Mouse managing to kidnap her just seems to make little to no sense logically. Aside from the difficulty of running off with the de facto leader of the Vale's daughter without anyone stopping you, there is also the difficulty of leaving the Vale. The High Road is pretty much impassible at this point and only likely to get worse as Winter deepens, and Gulltown would be too risky because Petyr would have people on lookout by thentime they reached there. I just don't think it's a workable scenario for Shadrich to take her

Perhaps, if he is what he appears to be, he is simply looking for proof/confirmation of her identity.  Proof enough to bet his life on the info, meaning he tells Cersei and gets a reward knowing that if he was wrong she would have him killed.

On 10/12/2017 at 6:25 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

The Mad Mouse managing to kidnap her just seems to make little to no sense logically. Aside from the difficulty of running off with the de facto leader of the Vale's daughter without anyone stopping you, there is also the difficulty of leaving the Vale. The High Road is pretty much impassible at this point and only likely to get worse as Winter deepens, and Gulltown would be too risky because Petyr would have people on lookout by thentime they reached there. I just don't think it's a workable scenario for Shadrich to take her

I agree that logistically it's a huge stretch.

I tend to refrain from regarding that as conclusive simply because, as has been the case with many other plot points in this book, if GRRM wants the million-to-one success, it will happen (e.g., Theon capturing Winterfell).

The strongest argument, to my mind, is that Sansa being taken back to KL to be a hostage again is a complete storytelling deadend.  Rather literally, in that it ends with her dead in short order.

12 minutes ago, Colonel Green said:

I agree that logistically it's a huge stretch.

I tend to refrain from regarding that as conclusive simply because, as has been the case with many other plot points in this book, if GRRM wants the million-to-one success, it will happen (e.g., Theon capturing Winterfell).

The strongest argument, to my mind, is that Sansa being taken back to KL to be a hostage again is a complete storytelling deadend.  Rather literally, in that it ends with her dead in short order.

Absolutely, I wouldn't take it as conclusive either, but considered alongside everything else that has constituted Sansa's story so far, and (as you point out) the narrative implications of being taken to Cersei in Kings Landing, it just seems extremely unlikely. It would take some very skilful and unexpected writing for GRRM to write this in a way that I find plausible