Daredevil [Spoilers for all S1 episodes]

Sci-2

I was disappointed in the look of the costume last season, but from the photos that looks even worse. I have to admit, I kinda think the Affleck costume was better than what the show has shown us so far. I like DD's costume for it's elegant simplicity, the busy designs and odd sharp angles kill it for me, it doesn't help that it reminds me of the armored costume.

• 2 weeks later...

Daredevil's new costume for Season 2 looks pretty awesome. I wish the red was actual red, but it's cool. Reminds me of the badass armored costume he had in the late 90's.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CM0HbTAWUAAq877.jpg

I'm not a fan. I honestly still think the minimalist, ninja-like costume he wore for the bulk of season one was great. The red leather isn't doing it for me.

I'm not a fan. I honestly still think the minimalist, ninja-like costume he wore for the bulk of season one was great. The red leather isn't doing it for me.

Yeah, I think they could have easily just went with "the cloth in the ninja suit is reinforced - deal with it". It's not like Fisk was really wearing kevlar underneath his suit in every scene we saw him in.

I'm fine with those that don't like the new costume, but to want him just to stay in his rinky dink homemade costume? Lol, alright..I mean at some point he has to actually look like Daredevil right?

:Agree:

I actually thought Affleck's costume was decent, despite the movie itself being really bad. :dunno:

I'm fine with those that don't like the new costume, but to want him just to stay in his rinky dink homemade costume? Lol, alright..I mean at some point he has to actually look like Daredevil right?

As it's a comic book adaptation, yes he does technically need to suit up at some point. But if I'm just looking at the show on it's own, if it had no obligation to pay homage to the comic book origin, I would have just liked him to stick with the black suit. It was simple and elegant. Also, Fisk's "armour" was light, flexible and cloth-like. In fact that's exactly what caught Matt's eye - he wanted the same mobility of his old suit but with more protection. So it's kind of weird that the new suit is bulky armour. 

I will say that I don't absolutely hate the new suit and it looks alright in action. But it squeezes Matt's face and looks really unflattering.

As it's a comic book adaptation, yes he does technically need to suit up at some point. But if I'm just looking at the show on it's own, if it had no obligation to pay homage to the comic book origin, I would have just liked him to stick with the black suit. It was simple and elegant. Also, Fisk's "armour" was light, flexible and cloth-like. In fact that's exactly what caught Matt's eye - he wanted the same mobility of his old suit but with more protection. So it's kind of weird that the new suit is bulky armour. 

I will say that I don't absolutely hate the new suit and it looks alright in action. But it squeezes Matt's face and looks really unflattering.

They could have stuck a double D in the lining of the original suit and had a cloth mask with horns on. It'd have been fine. I'm sure the original comic suits were designed as cloth not leather anyhow. We'll see if they can do the same type of stunts next season. It'll make for a more striking clash with the Punisher's outfit that's for certain.

Elektra's comics costume was designed to suit a particular art style and is not remotely a practical outfit. So yeah, they should go a very different way with that.

Something a bit more in line with the hand assassins in season one would make sense. She definitely doesn't need all those strings of fabric floating around getting caught in things. She could do without the bikini in terms of legs as well. I'd like it if they keep the headscarf though.

Bingo. The face is what I have the biggest problems with. While black scarf thingy nicely rounded his face, this thing makes him unrecognizable, with his face looking like a huge square. And it makes his jaw line appearing completely different.

Now they need to show some Elektra pics hopefully they get her a better outfit because I always hated it in the comics.

It's fucking awful. Just look how stupid Olivia Munn looks as Psylocke, who wears a costume that is a complete ripoff of Elektra's, just a different color. There's no way Marvel puts Elektra in a one-piece bathing suit.

Surely an advantage for a secret identity?

LOL, great point... You got me there.

Just the thing is that Cox in Season 1 suit and Season 2 suit looks like 2 different people. And me not like it :)

Archived