[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XII - New direction

Mladen

She already said in interviews that she doesnt go nude this season. And that David & Dan didnt ask her to

Thanks, that is a relief. Truely. She should not have to, her carreer is taking off rather well so I hope she preserves her dignity throughout it.

She of all of the actors and actresses seems to be the most personally devoted to her GOT characters. She seems like a pretty cool young lady, I just hope she does not go all nude because everyone else does. Still picture her as one of Ned's little girls although she so fucking tall and deep voiced.

I question "devotion" since she doesn't read her character's chapters anymore in the original. She seems devoted to selling herself and her character is her stump to do so.

I question "devotion" since she doesn't read her character's chapters anymore in the original. She seems devoted to selling herself and her character is her stump to do so.

She read them up until Feast, which is the last book in which her character is in. It's impossible for her to have read other chapters.

She of all of the actors and actresses seems to be the most personally devoted to her GOT characters. She seems like a pretty cool young lady, I just hope she does not go all nude because everyone else does. Still picture her as one of Ned's little girls although she so fucking tall and deep voiced.

speaking of which, what did you guys think of her deeper voice?

i really liked it, considering she's now older. and it goes with the whole Dark Sansa thing.

I'm just really worried and concerned for Sansa this season. It was horrible enough to read about Jeyne Poole but to see it happen to a character I actually care about... :stillsick:

Also, "tragic events of this morning"...really? That is a little hyperbolic. I honestly thought there had been another dreadful plane crash or someone had died when I read that.

Why are we questioning people's devotion? What is this, the KGB?

A friend who has read all the books and seen all the TV shows was discussing Sansa with me the other day. She finds her quite boring but I said I think she will have a huge part to play in the climax of the story.

I was looking forward to some 'behind the Vale' story with Sansa, Robin & LF this season (along the lines of George's recently released chapter) but it looks like the tv storyline will be deviating significantly from the source, which was probably the biggest shock of episode 1 for me.

I'm still hoping for lots more Sansa-story this season but I have to admit I'm a bit worried if it's heading in the direction I'm now expecting it to..

Good luck Sansa! *bites fingernails anxiously*

I wonder if this will actually be the deal breaker for me. Well, this plus the bullshit with Loras, but that's another matter.

It will be. So quit the series and stop whining.

She of all of the actors and actresses seems to be the most personally devoted to her GOT characters. She seems like a pretty cool young lady, I just hope she does not go all nude because everyone else does.

I hope she does. She is hot.

What "chapters" could she read, precisely? The show has passed her published material, and appears to be departing from her book arc anyway.

Guys, remember the part "needless to say, be civil"? Well, apparently, it needs to be said. Please, if you have nothing to say on topic, don't say. I am tired of reading all this spamming.

As for the show, it is bad. By far I am not a book purist and if they wanted to go in this direction, they could have. Or at least, they could have done it logically. And no one would be bothered. Well, no one but boo purist. This way, I am far from certain that anything that comes will be logically constructed. And LF implied they are going North, so how combining all of those clashing points will be interesting to see. This is bound to be epic fail.

I really have a bad feeling about this season. This Internet leak is a major industrial crime. HBO will lose a lot of money. Since I hated the way the show has been butchering the books, I'd say it was a divine justice, but I wouldn't dishonour such a wonderful cast and crew by making such a comparison. I really feel for them. This may be the beginning of the end of this TV show. Had I been a TV executive in charge, the whole season would be released on Netflix and the next season's budget slashed to the bare minimum necessary to somehow finish the plot. Really sad.

I've come to accept it, so long everything makes sense for everyone involved (LF, Sansa, Roose, Ramsay and the Vale lords who know Sansa Stark is around).

The Vale lords seem to think they are going to the Fingers so that's ok, now I'm waiting for Littlefingers reasons, why Sansa accepts, what Roose Bolton wins in all this and how Ramsay reacts later when he can't stop thinking about flaying someone.

If these things are explained, I think it can be an improvement on Sansa's AFFC arc.

Roose Bolton gains an ally (LF). Why he would want LF I don't know to make sure the vale doesn't ride north I guess.

Maybe both Roose and LF know they're in borrowed time now that Tywin is dead and would welcome an alliance to help each other in the event the Iron Throne fails to protect them.

Well, that should be on the surface. In reality, LF is trying to get Winterfell and Roose must be trying to get Sansa, so both could be ready to stab the other in the back

Why would LF marry off Sansa as we clearly see he really "likes" her because of Catelyn and isnt just using her?

I think LF has a way to get her out of the marriage somehow. We know LF doesn't care about any allies, he just cares about himself, so he must have a plan to remove the Boltons and to marry Sansa only temporarily and get the north afterwards. Just think about what LF knows about the Boltons....he knows the northmen dont like them, he knows Stannis is on his way, probably he has a deal with some northern lord (though that is unlikely, as they dont really appear on the show) or with Stannis (which would be so out of Stannis character). He at least must have Stannis on his mind, it would be foolish just to leave him out of the equation

But whatever.....as LF doesnt know about Theon, that will be why, whatever his plan is, will fail. Theon will be the hero who gets Sansa out or even tells her before about Ramsay.

I am not impressed so far. I almost feel like one of those insufferable book purists because this is one storyline where I think they should have left it as is. It's opening up too many questions and potential plot holes since she openly revealed herself last season. Like, she's supposed to be the second most wanted person in Westeros, after Tyrion. Even more wanted than Stannis at the moment. It's unbelievable that Cersei isn't sending an army after her, especially now that they are apparently traveling 'west', meaning out of the Vale. No way is everyone in their traveling group or people who just see them on the road super loyal.

And if they are going west and out of the Vale, yet apparently far away from King's Landing, that can only mean Winterfell. Since Stannis made it clear that Roose having killed Robb is public knowledge that traveled faster on the ravennet than it would even on the internet, there is no plausible deniability for any northerners or for Sansa. There also should be zero way that it's not already public knowledge that Ramsay is the one who destroyed Winterfell. Unless Sansa is riding up and demanding all the North immediately kill Roose and Ramsay, this plot is just not looking good at all.

I wonder if this will actually be the deal breaker for me. Well, this plus the bullshit with Loras, but that's another matter.

What happened at the Twins is kinda well known, not so much of what happened at Winterfell. Even Lord Frey didn't know what happened up there. Remember that Winterfell was hazed before the Starks were killed, so everyone still thinks Theon did the deed. Although I'm sure all those in the North know the truth, and some people probably are weary of the Boltons but all this info is not out in the open just yet.

Also if Sansa is going North and has anything to do with the Boltons, it will be to destroy them from the inside out, I think Either way she is much more interesting in the show than in the books. sorry George, but waiting now 6 books for Sansa to become useful.......

Archived