[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XII - New direction

Mladen

The whole motus operendi of Littlefinger in the books is clearly to have Sansa for himself. Anyone can see that. Why in the hell HBO is having Littlefinger take her to Winterfell to potentially marry her off to Ramsay Fucking Snow is ludacris. It makes no sense. Littlefinger is seemingly pimping her out to the Boltons, for what? Very disturbing.

I don't see how people are arguing that Sansa will get married to Ramsay. Not only was there no indication of this so far, it would also be utterly moronic. I mean, Sansa does not need to marry Ramsay for anything. With the Stark children supposedly dead she is THE heir to the north. If she actually goes up there and does anything else than rally her bannermen I will be pissed.

Leaks are not tragedies for crying out loud. Clearly, HBO's business model leaves a great deal to be desired.

English is my second language, so from time to time, I use a wrong word for something. And using a "tragic" was indeed unhappy choice of words. I will be extra careful next time.

Why would Ramsay Bolton want to marry Sansa Stark Lannister? Sansa is married to Tyrion Lannister; and there has been no annulment; so any marriage Ramsay has with Sansa could not stand, their kids would be bastards.

I have no idea why would Bolton marry Sansa Stark (since Sansa Lannister doesn't exist) nor do I understand whether that is direction. It certainly is nonsensical and I have no idea how anyone would actually find logic in it.

Well its atleast a new dynamic to keep the book readers enthused. Sansa - Ramsay partnership is more intriguing, wondering if Sansa will be as submissive as Jeyne Poole or Snow gets his comeuppance (I highly doubt). I think this is the traumatic experience Sansa was talking about (Will Ramsay ask Theon to get Sansa ready for him)

Well its atleast a new dynamic to keep the book readers enthused. Sansa - Ramsay partnership is more intriguing, wondering if Sansa will be as submissive as Jeyne Poole or Snow gets his comeuppance (I highly doubt). I think this is the traumatic experience Sansa was talking about (Will Ramsay ask Theon to get Sansa ready for him)

That is exactly what I am afraid of. I do hope this is where there may be some "intevention" before that happens.

English is my second language, so from time to time, I use a wrong word for something. And using a "tragic" was indeed unhappy choice of words. I will be extra careful next time.

I have no idea why would Bolton marry Sansa Stark (since Sansa Lannister doesn't exist) nor do I understand whether that is direction. It certainly is nonsensical and I have no idea how anyone would actually find logic in it.

I think the diverted Sansa plotline for this season is going to really piss a lot of book readers off, more than getting rid of Arianne Martell

Mayhaps, only if he can have her first.

Littlefinger is not obsessed with Sansa's virginity at the expense of all else. He orchestrated her marriage to Tyrion Lannister and still wanted her, even though he could not have known Tyrion wouldn't rape her.

I think the diverted Sansa plotline for this season is going to really piss a lot of book readers off, more than getting rid of Arianne Martell

Don't think so. I think its an interesting angle that is more intriguing. Fake Arya was a plotline with little basis in the first place. And Sansa throwing snow balls in the vale is quite boring.

Of course last thing I want is GRRM doing something with Sansa while D&D doing something else

How on earth would Sansa's arc -from pawn to player- would benefit from her being Ramsay's sex doll? I hope they won't go down that road. Excuse me, I think it's quite shitty, that they make Sansa the only elligible female bachelor, now that Margaery's been married for the third time. A lot of people dislike Sansa already, seeing her as the decorative princess type, now to actually have the "princess in a tower guarded by dragon saved by a knight" boss-level plot? How would that take her arc further?

This is the story of her life, if this plot comes to be:

1. Sansa in KL - bethrothed to Joffrey, almost "saved" by the Hound, was saved instead by the Tyrells.

2. Was going to Highgarden, instead forced to marry Tyrion, saved by LF.

3. In Winterfell married to the boss-level monster Ramsay, to be saved by Theon (?)

In the books, it seems that she underwent some initiatory trials to then become the agent of her own story. If indeed the show is going in this direction it would be imvho most disappointing.

We don't even get it in England until tonight at 9. Simulcast it to the rest of the world, just not the country where half the actors come from? They wonder why it's the most pirated show in the world...

Anyway, original topic: I'm not enjoying how much Sansa seems to trust LF. At least there weren't any creepy make-out scenes. In terms of Sansa herself, I actually like her. She's not terrified of everyone and everything anymore.

TWOW

So they've moved down to the Gates of the Moon, right? Does anyone else think that having Sweetrobin training for battle means they're going to include the tourney for his Winged Knights, and therefore probably Harry the Heir, in this season?

Has there been anyone cast for Harry the Heir, or are they going to merge him with someone, or cut that story completely, or what?

Just in case you didn't know it will be simulcast in the UK from next week. I think they had some deal to show ep 1 in the cinema and they changed their mind on simulcasting the rest of the eps. I reckon they got a LOT of complaints over the original decision.

It doesn't piss me as a book reader. It pisses me off as someone who is able to think and understands how nonsensical it is.

Well count me in the <I'm pissed book reader> group.

I don't care for this turn of events at all. I understand that Sansa sittng in Vale,pretending she's someone else, attending to tantrums of the worst child in Westeros isn't compelling television but this is just not my cup of tea.

Why on Earth would LF do this? What could he possibly gain from this arrangement. He wants to be the man behind the girl, if he gives her to the Boltons he loses whatever power he has. It's different with HtH. He has no one and with him she gains both North and Vale and he's going to be right there behind her with no one to stop him to either whisper in her ear or get rid of HtH and take her for himself. How could that be even remotely possible with Roose and Ramsay. What, she'll get North if she marries Ramsay?...she already has claim she doesn't need any of them. Why? LF thinks he'll get rid of them easy??? It just makes no sense. I'm seriously asking,what would be his angle in this? Does he need to be on good terms with the Boltons? If yes why? Gimme theories ppl!!

I prefer the idea that she's visiting other lords from the north gathering her supporters like someone mentioned.

I don't care for this turn of events at all. I understand that Sansa sittng in Vale,pretending she's someone else, attending to tantrums of the worst child in Westeros isn't compelling television but this is just not my cup of tea.

Why on Earth would LF do this? What could he possibly gain from this arrangement. He wants to be the man behind the girl, if he gives her to the Boltons he loses whatever power he has. It's different with HtH. He has no one and with him she gains both North and Vale and he's going to be right there behind her with no one to stop him to either whisper in her ear or get rid of HtH and take her for himself. How could that be even remotely possible with Roose and Ramsay. What, she'll get North if she marries Ramsay?...she already has claim she doesn't need any of them. Why? LF thinks he'll get rid of them easy??? It just makes no sense. I'm seriously asking,what would be his angle in this? Does he need to be on good terms with the Boltons? If yes why? Gimme theories ppl!!

I prefer the idea that she's visiting other lords from the north gathering her supporters like someone mentioned.

Because show Littlefinger is sort of stupid. There isn't any other answer to why he would go up to Winterfell with a handful of men and put himself and Sansa fully under the power of the Boltons...who would most likely simply kill him once he's there because he has nothing more to offer them, and nobody in Westeros would care if he died, making it even more illogical if they don't kill him. LOL.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbug7klYKs1qkurq6o1_500.gif

Archived