[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

teemo

Exactly, that's what I thought to.

But there was something eery about the way Tormund and Mance were looking at eachother...What is he switched with him?But then again there was no indication to that, no foreshadowing, no clue and there is the fact that they cast someone for Rattleshirt , am I right?I dunno, it seems like a mess.I didn't want to see Mance go that way since they kind of ruined his character from the moment he appeared on the show. :(

Yeah, it's like he was barely Mance anyway, why glamour and save him? The same with Pyp last year, he was very unPyplike, not one joke cracked, probably not even a smile. It was only someone with the name Pyp that was killed off last year.

What the hell is a show apologist doing on a threat about ranting and raving? Anyhow, I've grown sick of you hollow ADWD haters. Bring up the issue with me else on on a PM or something I have no intention to debate with you here about you ohsowonderfullyclever criticisms... nor how you glossed over any specific points I brought up and instead spewed irrelevant diatribe.

A thing that also bothers me is the Missworm romance.

Not only is it irrelevant, but all their dialogue hinges on whether or not they can get it on, which besides from being silly, is something Missandei SHOULD KNOW!

I get that show!Missandei is much dumber than her twelve-year old counterpart, but she was the spokesperson for a slaver that sold unsullied for years! How does she not know every detail of their training?

And it is about that, make no mistake, they made a point in the last season of having Dany ask 'how much' they cut off, and Missandei did not know. How this i possible (a leader of an army and the girl who practically sold them to her not knowing a very basic fact of the cruel way they were brought up) only D&D know and they do not say...

I'd say Jaime was Tywin's favourite kid, but the thing he loved most in the world? If that was ever a person it was Joanna.

I love that page linked above, hilarious, and both thoughts came to mind during that scene last night. A....Tywin loved no one and I imagined all the snark Jaime should have had for that, not to mention.......mourned his monologue with Dead Daddy, but my simultaneous thought was that IF Tywin loved a person most in the world, or anyone, ever, it was Joanna.

Annoyed about non-ending sexposition scenes, people started getting annoyed with gratuitous female nudity so just switched to male ones.

Getting its quota of boobs. I am pretty sure there is one, since as the White Rat was getting hugged close up was to prostitute's nipple instead of his face or her face ...

Missandei and Grey Worm romance is seriously boring me. Unless it leads to his/her shocking death, then its acceptable!

Sansa and Ramsay, just enough of her beying mentally / physically tortured, what made LF think - she just got over Joffrey's abuse, lets repeat! So Theon and Brianne will be teaming up to save Sansa now...

FYI: If they go with Ramsey physically torturing Sansa story (As replacement Jayne Poole), they totally lost me. (though Sansa actress said there weren't any nude scenes with her, it doesn't mean there wasn't a body double)/

If the whole "a major character getting killed that wasn't killed in the book" ends up being Mance dying for reals, I am disappointed. I was thinking far more major character there.

-Steel yourself for Sansa and Ramsay....we know she goes to Winterfell, it stands to reason, based on the clips, that she will end up at the very least betrothed to Ramsay.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Sansa right now is the heir of WInterfell in the eyes of Westeros. She is the one who would command the north, if only she would be in a position to give the word. Literally the only chance of Ramsay getting complete control of the northern Lords is to marry Sansa. Otherwise his claim falls apart the moment a Stark girl shows her face. And...She goes to him? WHY? Does LF have something up his sleeve? Something that involves him going into the freezing North, with no army, and marrying off your only protection? Uhm..... Yeah, I don't see how this makes any sense. Not that I would put it past the producers though.

Annoyed about non-ending sexposition scenes, people started getting annoyed with gratuitous female nudity so just switched to male ones.

Getting its quota of boobs. I am pretty sure there is one, since as the White Rat was getting hugged close up was to prostitute's nipple instead of his face or her face ...

Missandei and Grey Worm romance is seriously boring me. Unless it leads to his/her shocking death, then its acceptable!

Sansa and Ramsay, just enough of her beying mentally / physically tortured, what made LF think - she just got over Joffrey's abuse, lets repeat! So Theon and Brianne will be teaming up to save Sansa now...

FYI: If they go with Ramsey physically torturing Sansa story (As replacement Jayne Poole), they totally lost me. (though Sansa actress said there weren't any nude scenes with her, it doesn't mean there wasn't a body double)/

If the whole "a major character getting killed that wasn't killed in the book" ends up being Mance dying for reals, I am disappointed. I was thinking far more major character there.

What's worse? Sansa being tortured in classic D&D manner ala Theon or making Ramsay the sympathetic bastard whom learns to love Sansa thus stripping him of everything that made his book counterpart excellent in the story?

Exactly, that's what I thought to.

But there was something eery about the way Tormund and Mance were looking at eachother...What is he switched with him?But then again there was no indication to that, no foreshadowing, no clue and there is the fact that they cast someone for Rattleshirt , am I right?I dunno, it seems like a mess.I didn't want to see Mance go that way since they kind of ruined his character from the moment he appeared on the show.:(

I don't dislike Hinds as Mance, what I dislike is what they've done with the character. As with so many other instances of D&D's [literal] character assassinations, the actor simply didn't have what to work with. Another thing that annoys the feck out of me is show!Tormund, but since he hasn't opened his mouth yet, I'll save my thoughts on him for another time.

Also, I think one recurring problem the show has is its inability or unwillingness to invest some time in the direction of actors rather than just the scenes.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Sansa right now is the heir of WInterfell in the eyes of Westeros. She is the one who would command the north, if only she would be in a position to give the word. Literally the only chance of Ramsay getting complete control of the northern Lords is to marry Sansa. Otherwise his claim falls apart the moment a Stark girl shows her face. And...She goes to him? WHY? Does LF have something up his sleeve? Something that involves him going into the freezing North, with no army, and marrying off your only protection? Uhm..... Yeah, I don't see how this makes any sense. Not that I would put it past the producers though.

Well, the question to ask yourself is, have you seen things in the show in past seasons that didn't make sense? If your answer is yes, then....

We know she goes to Winterfell, which in and of itself doesn't make sense, why leave the safety of the Vale, the only place other than Dorne that is not war ravaged, that is hard as hell to attack and go to WF, with a small contingent of men? But we know this happens, so what's a little more less sense when already have little sense confirmed?

But OMG, it is soooo stupid, it makes his attempt to ad lib after Lysa's death look Mensa like. I mean, the guy has been creating chaos in Westeros for years, has amassed a huge fortune, is finally Lord Paramount, and he sets off in a carriage with some riders to go see Roose Bolton and his army?!

Show Roose and Show Ramsay would kill him and take Sansa hostage. Duh. He has no allies. But, apparently, though he knew this in season 1 and 2, he doesn't know it, and I guess they won't know it either, because odds of them killing him are slim to none. So, we can add Roose and Ramsay to the 'much stupider' list as well.

I do think ShowRoose is going with......damn, if Mentally Challenged ShowFinger is really stupid enough to trust me in any capacity, I guess I should let him?? :devil: I spent the last month in the casting section ruling out all common sense. I'm starting to wonder how some of the actors must feel about some of these scripts and the overall story they add up to telling.

I do think ShowRoose is going with......damn, if Mentally Challenged ShowFinger is really stupid enough to trust me in any capacity, I guess I should let him?? :devil: I spent the last month in the casting section ruling out all common sense. I'm starting to wonder how some of the actors must feel about some of these scripts and the overall story they add up to telling.

How the hell do you think Littlefinger would react to Showfinger? Like... he's AFFC Cersei in the final stages x10 by the looks of it.

Varys's speech caused me physical pain. He and Illyrio met in a "Robert sucks" fanclub? I knew they were going straight-Targ supporter but the way it was just laid out there...

Jaime and Cersei are barely recognizable in terms of characterizations. I mean I legit have no idea who those people were that were talking in the sept.

But yeah, overall there were moments were I felt like I could almost enjoy the show because it was a completely different universe, but then there's the knowledge they're going to "end up in the same place." And the fact that it's happening, but stripped of all its meaning just sucks. I also thought the episode dragged?

ETA, be sure to vote for the most butchered storyline this episode (results from the predictive poll). I'm trying to use analytics to keep me sane.

Thank you for your efforts.

How the hell do you think Littlefinger would react to Showfinger? Like... he's AFFC Cersei in the final stages x10 by the looks of it.

Book LF would have his TV self crossbowed or poisoned ASAP because he's unreliable and has poor judgment; also a bad accent.

What's wrong with his voice? Is he going North? What the hell is he doing leaving Robin? Does my moustache really look like that?

Book LF would have his TV self crossbowed or poisoned ASAP because he's unreliable and has poor judgment; also a bad accent.

NO YOU UNCULTURED SWINE! God, what are you? Stupid!? Showfinger's laughable "he's evil!" rasp is really some incredibly complex, ingenius way of conveying how much of a monster Littlefinger really is and how much more vile he gets the further away he is from King's Landing... and why King's Landing is some source is um... reasons... but D&D are so clever by giving him that evil voice and making him Mr. Hyde!

I don't dislike Hinds as Mance, what I dislike is what they've done with the character. As with so many other instances of D&D's [literal] character assassinations, the actor simply didn't have what to work with. Another thing that annoys the feck out of me is show!Tormund, but since he hasn't opened his mouth yet, I'll save my thoughts on him for another time.

Also, I think one recurring problem the show has is its inability or unwillingness to invest some time in the direction of actors rather than just the scenes.

You gotta love dem character assassinations...:p

That's something D&D seem to do very well...

Joking aside, about Tormund, I wish he was more like his book counterpart...It's been a long time since I finished the books but wasn't Tormund this older, funnier, louder dude?

I'm sorry. I'm gay, and I don't believe that gay people having sex qualifies as a gay stereotype. We have crowed that the show the show is way overbalanced towards female and heteronormative nudity. The show hears that complaint, displays male nudity and gay affection and then we call them stereotyping. Honestly the sense of entitlement is overwhelming. The gay movement has its roots in sex positivity. If you call sex between gay characters inherently stereotypical, you're just disincentivizing our representation. Meanwhile, homophobes crow that the show is too gay because of this measly amount of representation. Apparently not liking gay sex is the only thing gay people and homophobes can agree on. PLEASE stop making a mountain out of this molehill.

As for Olyvar/Loras, it's hardly award winning characterization, but it's not hollow promiscuity either. They've been together before and they have chemistry. Loras's noble suffering for Renly in the books is interesting, but you can hardly say it's positive representation for gay characters considering what an afterthought the character is. Renly is such an afterthought in the show (and the books) that this would pack no emotional punch. Instead they're exploring the character's sexuality instead of ignoring it. Again I ask - WHY IS THIS A BAD THING.

However, I firmly agree that the Dorne birthmark sexposition was insipid.

And to see that the result of Sansa's transformation at the end of S04 is just she being a pain in the ass to everyone is really a letdown.

Yeah, they've completely lost their way with Sansa. It's fun to have an aspect of the show where I have no idea where it's going... but I can hardly assume it's going anywhere compelling. Just wheel spinning.

My other nitpicks:

- It just rankles that Arianne is gone. Obviously I'm biased, she's my favorite character. But an essential part of her story is that she's an heiress and thinks she's being disinherited. Eliding her story into Ellaria and the sand snakes won't pack the same punch and Dorne will end up feeling like a diversion. Also, the fact that it basically cuts out Dorne having equal primogeniture shows the layer of subtlety in GRRM's work that D&D don't understand and deliberately cut.

- I HATE the use of "Capitol" for King's Landing. And Varys took it one further by referring to Westeros as their "country". It's a kingdom. These words just don't sound right in this world. True nitpick, but it's pointless, avoidable anachronism.

Archived