[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

teemo

Do I need to get tissues?

Maybe because of my sexuality and my past, gay stereotypes offend me and I DO need tissues. No need to be so rude just because I don't like something.

I understand the rationale, and I think people should stop being so susceptible. Loras being gay matters so the show has to (re)introduce that in a visual, concise and impacting way. And how is he being promiscuous? He's not in an orgy with three other men. He's having sex with the dude he met all the way back in season 3. You know, people can have sex without being love.

Show!Loras flirted with Oberyn in Joffrey's wedding. I think we start the promiscuous point in that. And no, I don't think we need him hooking up with Olyvar again to remind ourselves he is gay, especially considering how the show has already portrayed him.

And yes, people can have sex without being in love. But the point in Loras's character is the fact that he doesn't want to, and it's cringe-indulging to see this type of behavior from his show-version. Not a deal breaker for me, but overall insulting to the character George wrote (And that extends to what they're doing to Ellaria Sand this season, as well), and a story that, in it's own form, really resonated with the audience. You could actually feel empathy for Loras, even if he was a minor character, for the loss of Renly. He was a rich minor character, whilst on the show he's much more there, but feels like he has so much less to offer as a character.

In this universe, Dany doesn't have compassion, she's a robot. I hate that.

I hated Maggy the Frog had to be a relatively sexy lady. She looked like Osha. At first, I didn't even realise that was Maggy. I thought she would be some sort of "guardian" or "keeper" they met before they were seeing Maggy.

The treatment of Loras is very offensive, tbh. Thank god JonCon isn't part of this hot mess, otherwise, he would be having some sort of slave in his cabin to fuck 24/7.

The whole Vale story got swept away in less than 5 minutes. It was like the messenger warned Littlefinger that Royce was going to betray them. It would have made more sense if Sansa was not revealed to the Lords Declarant in last year's finale.

Yeah its...disappointing and really enraging.

I find the way Loras is treated as offensive.

I agree. Even my mum is like "really...?" I just...i have the angries. :tantrum:

what is that supposed to mean?

Ignore them. Foolish whelps who see actual meaningful complaint as noise. Loras is a much different beast in the show than in the books. The books treated him with a lot more grace and its just...really a pity the show is doing this. /patpat

No, thank you, I have a Dorne-shaped mole on my ass. That's all I need to guide me

Jon of the Dead, i knew you were good people. :lol:

In this universe, Dany doesn't have compassion, she's a robot. I hate that.

I hated Maggy the Frog had to be a relatively sexy lady. She looked like Osha. At first, I didn't even realise that was Maggy. I thought she would be some sort of "guardian" or "keeper" they met before they were seeing Maggy.

The treatment of Loras is very offensive, tbh. Thank god JonCon isn't part of this hot mess, otherwise, he would be having some sort of slave in his cabin to fuck 24/7.

Maggy being all young bothered me too. Im also a bit :/ about Dany, but at least she is being shown something resembling reason. It just bugs me that Clarke is not capable of showing that Dany can feel more than one thing at a time. Yeah, maybe we should be grateful for no JonCon and Young Griff.

Fuck them and how they are treating Loras. He has zero personality and exists only as a sexuality. It's feeling offensive, especially since the budget constraints necessitates combining characters and plots. Loras should be performing more than just the token gay boy role.

Couldn't agree more, In the books his two defining traits are his exceptional ability with a sword and lance and his devotion to Renly, even after death. Book Loras would never sleep with a random guy or spill Tyrell secrets.In the show his defining trait is being 'the gay one'. At first I was just a bit wary of the way they were portraying him, but he's become such a huge stereotype. I'm not so much offended as deeply annoyed.

GRRM never writes his gay characters as stereotypes.

The only thing I liked about that scene was his interaction with Margaery. In the book I really love their close relationship and it's obvious she loves him no matter what. I like that they showed that, but they could have done it in a way more subtle manner.

Im also a bit :/ about Dany, but at least she is being shown something resembling reason. It just bugs me that Clarke is not capable of showing that Dany can feel more than one thing at a time.

To be fair, that's not Emilia's fault. Dany, in the show, lacks the compassion her book counterpart does have. The scene after White Rat (really? why change the original name? for the sake of... change stuff?) gets killed proves it. She cries in the books, or at least, she wants to and has to hide it. Here, she's like "a guy of mine died. Give him honours". Missandei only cared because "oh noes! does this mean Greyworm sees whores as well?!".

This bothers me because D&D seem to be unable to portray strong women with vulnerabilities and that's a shame. Strong women aren't robots that shout one liner after one liner. Brienne is the same case, she is pretty much a bully. There is nothing wrong with portraying strong women having feelings. That doesn't make them weak. To me, this is as offensive as Loras THE GAY ONE.

Like everyone else, the way Loras is being portrayed is down right offensive at this point. The fact that his character is basically three people, with taking over the roles of Willas and Garlan; he should be given far more substance than the token gay guy, who is there for shock value. At this point, when he is arrested by the HS, I hope he asks to be allowed to take the Black....just so I can see him with a fucking sword in his hand.

As for a minor, silly nitpick: Ghost got fat and he needs to go on a diet!

One glaring, but small mistake

Maggy's prophecy - pretty much taken from the book except the valonqar part.

Cersei:"How many children we'll we have?"

Maggy: "None. The king will have twenty, you will have three."

Cersei" "That doesn't make any sense."

No it doesn't, because in season 1, Cersei tells Catelyn of a black haired baby boy she gave birth to who died as an infant. And though at the time I thought it was just a lie. Cersei mentions the black haired boy again in ep 6 I believe, to Robert himself!!!

In my book, even if a kid dies only mere days after being born, that it's still called 'having a child'.

I'm thinking D&D hoped we would forget about that little gem, or maybe they forgot too, but like the North, THE FANS REMEMBER!

To be fair, that's not Emilia's fault. Dany, in the show, lacks the compassion her book counterpart does have. The scene after White Rat (really? why change the original name? for the sake of... change stuff?) gets killed proves it. She cries in the books, or at least, she wants to and has to hide it. Here, she's like "a guy of mine died. Give him honours". Missandei only cared because "oh noes! does this mean Greyworm sees whores as well?!".

Things like that annoy me more than the drastic changes. Also, Dany should demand to see the body of the Unsullied. She takes each unsullied death personally, including one who was Missandei's brother, I suppose that's going to be replaced by the Greyworm death.

One glaring, but small mistake

Maggy's prophecy - pretty much taken from the book except the valonqar part.

Cersei:"How many children we'll we have?"

Maggy: "None. The king will have twenty, you will have three."

Cersei" "That doesn't make any sense."

No it doesn't, because in season 1, Cersei tells Catelyn of a black haired baby boy she gave birth to who died as an infant. And though at the time I thought it was just a lie. Cersei mentions the black haired boy again in ep 6 I believe, to Robert himself!!!

In my book, even if a kid dies only mere days after being born, that it's still called 'having a child'.

I'm thinking D&D hoped we would forget about that little gem, or maybe they forgot too, but like the North, THE FANS REMEMBER!

Thank you. That has been making me crazy for days already too.

The only possible explanation would be that Cersei was lying to Cat, which I honestly doubt.

Jaime still desperately pining after Cersei doesn't really reflect where he is at mentally in the books at this point...not sure why they are dragging out his turning against her. It's getting annoying. I want introspective Jaime who questions everything about his relationship with Cersei!

Maggy was too good looking, didn't like that.

The way LF just left Sweetrobin in the care of Lord Royce was just stupid. The more nuanced politics of the books are coloring my opinion about this obviously, I doubt and show only people really gave it a 2nd thought. But still, it made me roll my eyes.

Fuck them and how they are treating Loras. He has zero personality and exists only as a sexuality. It's feeling offensive, especially since the budget constraints necessitates combining characters and plots. Loras should be performing more than just the token gay boy role.

The best thing I have ever heard about this is somehow they combined three characters into one to make Show:Loras yet somehow he still has a single characteristic.

Edit: Also I didn't recognize this until I saw it mentioned elsewhere, but it seems in the Maggy scene they broke their own canon as they appear to forget that they had made it so Cersei/Robert did have a child together until he died of fever.

My biggest nitpick...this forum's inability to handle the server load every single year during the premiere. :crying:

Next year, double it. I don't understand server nonsense, but whatever number it is that matters in these things....just double it. For this one day at least :cheers:

Archived