(Book Spoilers) Positive Nitpicking thread...

sj4iy

• Anything with Stannis, Davos, Jon.

Sansa speaking her mind to LF "Well do you trust ______?" etc.

Kevan Lannister, I need more of him.

Varys being so biting/no-nonsense with Tyrion. Tyrion in the show needs A.A.

Bolton sigil on Winterfell caught my eye. I like it as a nod to how who is holding certain locations has changed.

Actress playing Young!Cersei was spot on. Everyone in my living room was creeped out by her.

Pod. :wub:

For a first episode of the season, this one was really, really good. A couple of things that made me particularly happy:

- Young Cersei was amazing. Excellent casting.
- Margaery rocks.
- Lots of handsome men (more male than female nudity for once - is this still GoT?)
- Rhaegal and Viseryon are finally named!
- The dragons look awesome, btw.
- All of Jon's discussion with Mance is gold.
- Everybody's expressions at Mance's burning - everyone but Mel and Selyse clearly feels uncomfortable, Tormund breaks my heart :(
- Gods, I love the Warrior of Light theme!

Big dragons! And they have names!

The harpy falling was effective. Meereenese scenes were captivating, IMO.

A bigger Ghost, oh, finally more of Ghost, if only in the background.

On the whole, the scenes at the Wall.

Bratty teenage Cersei. The flashback was worth if for her, even if it turns out that there won't be any continuation with the Valonquar or the murder of Melara. Why can't grown up Cersei be more like teenage Cersei? They've just shown they're not incapable of getting her right. They gave us a taste of what could have been...

Cersei's abuse of alcohol. I'm pleasantly surprised it appears they'll really stay faithful at least to this aspect of her book counterpart.

Young Cersei: When the young actress opened the scene, I knew immediately that it was young Cersei. Of course, hair and clothing can be styled correctly, but her deportment, language, and how she held her body told me right away. And then the immediate next thought was that this was Maggy's prophecy. Since I am also a book reader, I have zero idea how this went over with the unsullied but I was cued in right away about what I was seeing and what I was about to hear. The casting department did a great job but the young actress was perfect.

Loved Jon/Mance/Stannis.

I loved young Cersei! I also think Varys and Tyrion will be fun to watch in the next episodes. The Wall storylines look like they'll be great but I'm not excited about Mel's seduction of Jon. I wonder if they had her be so blunt to make the viewers dislike her more. I'm also still having reservations about the new Daario. He feels so wrong. But I like his storyline and I look forward to his influencing Dany. And, oh my, those dragons are angry, aren't they? How will we ever manage them.......

• 4 weeks later...

Archived