[Book Spoilers] Jaime in Dorn

Jaime FTW

His character on the show has zero consistency.

Yeah, wanna rant about that, too. Jaime in the show had only one glorious episode (rescueing Brienne).

Besides that he is all over the place, and now even sort of whiny when in the books at this point he starts

to get pissed off by Cersei (we all, I think, expect him to kick her butt at some point, but now he behaves

like her servant of sorts)

Bronn's dead meat sometime this season. Jaime will live, although I'm not sure what to think about that considering how much his character development has been butchered. :crying: And for no good reason at all, as far as I can tell watching the show. I've always had small issues with certain character's .... portrayals on the show... but this is the first time I can't stomach it. It's gotten that bad.

FWIW, I could see Myrcella dying. Where else her storyline might go in the books, I don't know, but I don't really see her playing a huge part in anything, so they can easily jettison her character to tie up one corner of the story. It seems like there won't be much point to Dorne this season anyway once Sand Snake revenge flops or succeeds given how much of the characters and motivations they cut out from Dorne already. There's no one left to carry on Doran's long game, or feed into the Aegon storyline like Arianne, unless by some miracle Trystane is taking on Aegon's role?? I'm leaning towards no though, currently. He'll probably just be in love with Myrcella, horrorstruck when she dies, idk maybe he'll try to defend her? Who knows.

Basically it's going to be a lot of nonsense that ends up going nowhere. I'll be happy to be proved wrong though. Jaime's character will likely not get repaired... although maybe if things with his daughter go south, he'll get a kick in the pants that jolts him back into the development he had before they U-turned. I can only hope.... :ohwell:

I don't think Jaime is going to die - I think his end will be tied either to Cersei or to Brienne (or both).

Bronn - well, I like him - but I don't care for him (although he is the type of character who survives till the end).

Personally, I ask myself whether we will see Myrcella die during this season.

There is the very first scene on Maggy's vision for Cersei and its totally just about her kids dying in the end - thus: at least

one, if not even two of Cersei's offspings have to go this season. And since Jaime set off so bravely to rescue his daughter

(but I don't think he cares for his children that much, he just wants to set things right with Cersei),

I guess that it is Myrcella's turn to snuff it - probably as soon as Jamie gets close to her, so he can fail once again.

So: Not Jaime, not Bronn, but Myrcella is gonna die - soon.

I agree with this if only for the Chekov's gun principle, "You don't introduce a gun in the first act if you don't plan to use it by the third." There is no reason to include Maggy the Frog's prophecy unless it is to foreshadow the deaths of her children. My bet is on Myrcella AND Tommen to be murdered. Jamie will come back having failed. Cersei will go insane with grief, the Tyrells will ascend to power and set up a major season 6 showdown.

Yeah Myrecella has to die for Jaimie to finally leave cersei and see her for the psycho. She deserves it she tried to ruin stark house now all her kids are dead. He is another sansa like character who never learns his lesson, like seriously what does he see in her. But where does Jaimie go from dorne, his story in kings landing is over.

Wow, if Myrcella dies in Dorne, Jaime should be written up as The Worst Bodyguard in history and I wouldn't blame Cersei for gunning for HIS head between his failure to protect Joffrey and getting Myrcella killed!

I tend to think the opposite, if anyone dies this season, it will be Tommen, not Myrcella, if they were going to kill her off w/such a little bit of screen time, why bother to recast her at all.

Yeah, this Jamie is bad news, bad judgment, bad luck, you don't want anything to do with him, see him heading your direction, run. LOL.

Archived