"The dragon has three heads" theory

Rattenhoofd

Hi guys, I'm new to the forums, so I apologise if this theory was posted already, or if I'm posting it in the wrong place.

My theory is that “the dragon has three heads” means it’s three different persons, and that those are:

1. Jon, Azor Ahai. Ment to lead the battle against The Others. I have no doubt that V&I know who Jon really is , though I can't say if they had a hand in placing him at the wall or that's just a lucky coincedence. Same thing goes for Melisandre; were V&I involved in sending her or not? I'm having a hard time estimating how much influence they have outside of Westeros and Pentos. Either way, as soon as Stannis dies, Melisandre will finally realise Jon is AA, tell him about it, and possibly even (help him) upgrade Longclaw into Lightbringer.

2. Daenerys, Mother of Dragons. Ment to wake the dragons from stone. Given three dragon eggs by Illyrio. If V&I hadn't been sure that Dany was MoD, they would never have given her three valuable dragon eggs, so it stands to reason that Dany is given the eggs because they know she's the one to wake them from stone. I have no idea what role exactly the Dothraki play in this though, and marrying off Dany does come off as throwing her in at the deep end. Why not keep Dany safely in Pentos and open Big Illy's Dragon Egg Fertilization Company?

3. Aegon, The Prince that was Promised. Was ment to become King. Secretly saved from death by Varys and prepared for rule onder supervision of Jon Connington.

Together they form the Fire, to defeat Ice (The Others).

That is the general theory, that the dragon has three heads is three people. Who the three will be has been discussed a number of times in the books forum threads. Dany and Jon seem to be particular favorites for two. The third is where most of the debate revolves. Also, I think this thread should probably be with the book threads as you discuss a character that has not been seen in the show.

Hi guys, I'm new to the forums, so I apologise if this theory was posted already, or if I'm posting it in the wrong place.

My theory is that “the dragon has three heads” means it’s three different persons, and that those are:

1. Jon, Azor Ahai. Ment to lead the battle against The Others. I have no doubt that V&I know who Jon really is , though I can't say if they had a hand in placing him at the wall or that's just a lucky coincedence. Same thing goes for Melisandre; were V&I involved in sending her or not? I'm having a hard time estimating how much influence they have outside of Westeros and Pentos. Either way, as soon as Stannis dies, Melisandre will finally realise Jon is AA, tell him about it, and possibly even (help him) upgrade Longclaw into Lightbringer.

2. Daenerys, Mother of Dragons. Ment to wake the dragons from stone. Given three dragon eggs by Illyrio. If V&I hadn't been sure that Dany was MoD, they would never have given her three valuable dragon eggs, so it stands to reason that Dany is given the eggs because they know she's the one to wake them from stone. I have no idea what role exactly the Dothraki play in this though, and marrying off Dany does come off as throwing her in at the deep end. Why not keep Dany safely in Pentos and open Big Illy's Dragon Egg Fertilization Company?

3. Aegon, The Prince that was Promised. Was ment to become King. Secretly saved from death by Varys and prepared for rule onder supervision of Jon Connington.

Together they form the Fire, to defeat Ice (The Others).

That is really interesting. However, the way the show has portrayed one-dimensional Dorne tells me Aegon will not be arriving. To reveal him in the next and final seasons (of 20 episodes) I can't see it happening. There would have had to be a presence or even a hint SO FAR.

I read it might be Tyrion. I think I would be upset if this was the case. That Tywin's wife was impregnated by the Mad King's liberties and produced Tyrion. But the more it goes, the way Varys is protecting him, I think they may try to pin that third head onto him :(

That is really interesting. However, the way the show has portrayed one-dimensional Dorne tells me Aegon will not be arriving. To reveal him in the next and final seasons (of 20 episodes) I can't see it happening. There would have had to be a presence or even a hint SO FAR.

I read it might be Tyrion. I think I would be upset if this was the case. That Tywin's wife was impregnated by the Mad King's liberties and produced Tyrion. But the more it goes, the way Varys is protecting him, I think they may try to pin that third head onto him :(

A dragon rider must have Targeryan blood.

It would upset me also if the show makes Tyrion a Targ. Too much to handle.

Or maybe they will show anyone can ride a dragon.

There's no realistic way that Tyrion could become a dragon rider in one of the mediums and still end up in the same place with the same ending in both. Whoever the dragon riders are in the show they almost definitely will be the same in the books. No Aegon, no Aegon dragon rider.

There's no realistic way that Tyrion could become a dragon rider in one of the mediums and still end up in the same place with the same ending in both. Whoever the dragon riders are in the show they almost definitely will be the same in the books. No Aegon, no Aegon dragon rider.

Tyrion will become a dragon rider.I have this feeling,this is where we're heading right now.Dany is obviously a dragon rider and third one is tricky.It could go either way.But personally,I think Jon will not be a dragon rider and will lead armies from the ground.There is much potential with Kit for swordfighting.I just can't imagine him in the show to become a dragon rider.As Bloodraven told Bran "You will never walk,but you will fly".Maybe one of the dragons will die.

A spoiler from the leaked episode (because i can't find the goddamn feature):

Near the end of Episode 3 we see a good looking Red Priest preaching in the streets about the Lord of the Light and Dany, it goes on for a couple of minutes. Varys and Tyrion are watching and listening from safe distance. Read Priest cannot see them. But then at one point she just turns around towards Tyrion slowly and eeriely, and gives him a curious-but-Lynchian look that will send the chills down your spine. Tyrion shits his pants and goes away.

Archived