AncalagonTheBlack

Malazan: High House Shadow edition

167 posts in this topic

As a side note have any of the Esslemont books explained the discrepancy in the early books where Cotillion and Shadowthrone seem to actually hate Lasseen for killing them and the later books, where it was their plan all along to die and become Gods and free the Crippled God?

6 hours ago, Ajûrbkli said:

As a side note have any of the Esslemont books explained the discrepancy in the early books where Cotillion and Shadowthrone seem to actually hate Lasseen for killing them and the later books, where it was their plan all along to die and become Gods and free the Crippled God?

Nah, GotMisms are mostly left as GotMisms. It's not just that, actually- on my current reread I realised that the whole damn series takes a turn for the friendlier after GotM. Lots of characters suddenly get less mean and less angrily disposed towards others. Lasseen herself too.

On 03/11/2017 at 0:27 AM, Darth Richard II said:

Anyone know if any of Walk In Shadow was actually written? Curious if he got far into it before the publishers, uh, made their decision.

No. From Erikson's comments I'm not sure if he even started it.

Wow, so no book three?  Fall of Light was admittedly a mixed bag for me, but I thought Forge of Darkness was one of his best.  Bummer.  I knew Erikson wasn't a big seller, but I thought he did well enough not to go the way of Stover and Stackpole.  All my favorites or one time favorites seem to be disappearing.  Now I'm kind of worried about the final two books of Moorcock's Sanctuary of the White Friars trilogy.  

Oddly, I still haven't read Fall of Light. Had it since release day, but not gotten more than a few pages in. So while a shame this news isn't devastating... Though I will be more disappointed once I finally do get to it (the plan here was to finish the reread and go into FoL fresh).

In other news, Deadhouse Landing has landed. Picked it up today. Should be good.