mdf2015: livers for the blood cult

We will be at Max's Taphouse on Friday from 11am until ?? I want to get back to Edison Lot to see Funebrarum at 3:15pm, but others might want to stick around until later (at which point, I could probably try to meet up with y'all). Saturday, it seems to be a mixed bag -- I don't have anything I must see until 4pm or so, but I think others feel differently?

Finally, it looks like we might be at Max's again (or maybe Alewife?) on Sunday to watch the last matches of the EPL season. Definitely want to be back by 4pm though to see Primordial.

Yeah I think MC and I might be at a bar Sunday for the Newcastle-West Ham match as well. Friday at Max's at 11ish sounds fine as well.

I actually got a meeting invitation from my boss for Friday. I sent her an email reminding her that I took Friday off. Haven't heard back yet... I can't imagine I'll have to cancel my day off, they can find another day I'm sure.

Slainte Irish Pub is a whole entire block away from Max's and opens at 7am. It is also apparently a Toon supporter bar.

ETA: holy shit the menu at this place looks epic. Irish Bibimbap. Bison sausage gravy and biscuits. Fried eggs and oysters. Sign me the fuck up. SUNDAY.

I thought Slainte was a Chelsea bar. At any rate, Slainte is not bad. It is a chain and feels like one though. I am also partial to the Abbey in Federal Hill, which is also a soccer bar, and has amazing burgers with all kinds of crazy meats like emu. It is an Arsenal bar.

I saw the NUFC supporter club mention that Slainte is where they meet, and the pub's own website mentions that it is home to the following supporter clubs: Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, Bayern, Everton, Barca, Real Madrid, Milan, and Napoli. That said, as long as it is open early, I can get food, and it doesn't smell overwhelmingly of unwashed pits, then I am not that obsessed with where we watch the match.

i will be honest. there is a good chance i will not be a good viewing partner. just ask the dear wife. she has to watch too many newcastle games with me. if we get relegated on sunday i am guessing things will go really poor the rest of the day.

Archived