[BOOK SPOILERS] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

He's not listed as having filmed anything for GoT (I know IMDB is really unreliable but he has been on "Ripper Street" etc.) He doesn't have to hold Riverrun since the Freys are in control there (butterfly effect again) and the BwB /Riverlands story doesn't exist any more on the show so he's not required there.

If he does show up at Winterfell (logically I don't see why he'd ever trust LF but hey, what is logic anyway?), he'll probably just get beaten in a sword fight by Brienne ;)

Jaime wanted to "winkle Tommen from her clutches before the boy became another Joffrey" although he reflected that he liked being away. Before he left, they had some very nasty exchanges, something had to give...

Well, yeah that's true. Cersei was angering Jaime by the way she behaved and a small part of him did want to take a break from her but ultimately Jaime did not want to leave to Riverlands. He even pleaded her to change her decision to send him away and was actually blackmailing her that if she doesn't, he won't shave, lol.

He turned her away when she wanted to have sex, he defied her at every turn, the "sweet sister" comebacks were dripping with sarcasm. And he kept the beard because she didn't like it. He was characterized very differently in the books.

I agree to some extent nudity sells, but when showing it much more over what could be seen, any images, start setting a wrong image here by given contrast

Hey I know they ain't making a movie, budget, production costs etc. Although in 20 years time, it is the type of thing many will look back on and laugh. When sadly to a degree similar resources were still within disposal at present.

This is exactly what I told my sister. People will watch this show for as long as Martin takes to finish the books. Then poof! It'll be one of those exciting shows they used to watch. They'll remember the name but probably won't be driven to re-watch.

While I understand that they have to manage multiple locations and storylines and do have to streamline for the sake of time and resource management, what I don't get is the need to whitewash Cersei and Tyrion, and limit the vista of "strong female character" to dagger and sword toting, pants wearing, foul mouthed women. Evil female villain is "in" nowadays so there's no excuse that audiences won't accept Cersei as they do Ramsay. The need to subdue and vilify (even punish) Catelyn because of her attitude to Jon (her husband's bastard) runs opposite to the need to absolve Cersei of the actual murder of her husband's bastards. This is a major shift from the novels and a huge inconsistency in the message conveyed to the audience about the two women.

The problem as I see it, is inconsistency and non-smart streamlining, which just opens up gaping holes in the narrative.

Archived