Positive Nitpickings..? What you liked about the episode

You know the drill.

I loved this I think that was the brightest spot in the whole episode.

Drogon is a giant adorable beast creature and im ok with it. I also enjoyed Emilia Clarke actually acting like Dany. The Meereen parts were actually ok.

I dig the pigeon thing because it was callback to Arya in King's Landing way in season 1.

Jaqen H'ghar's actor being back. I can never remember his last name. Hes so hot and im so glad to see him back. I know thats not really the same character (even my mum knows that) but...fuck if i care. That guy <3

Maester Aemon pulling for Jon was pretty bomb ngl.

Lollys.

Drogon: yes. Although someone compared it to Disney, so now I have an image of a cartoon Daenerys and a cartoon Drogon doing a song and dance routine. That's the trouble with the Internet; it makes you think weird things.

NW yes. Lollys I fear is not for long in this world.

Kevan. I hope (and assume) we get more of him.

"Perhaps you should ask Ser Davos how much mercy I show to lawbreakers"

Davos has his hand with the amputated finger tips held out in front of him and nods slightly to indicate to Jon.

"I don't punish men for bravery, I reward them"

Reminding the audience that he rewarded Davos with a knighthood and raised his son up.

I loved this part. I wonder how many people missed this.

- I really like Dany in season 5 so far. I'm glad that the actress finally gets something more to do than glare and repeating catchy phrases.

- The Bear Island letter was great too - gives me hope, that we mightsee some of the other northern Lords and Ladies after all (including Manderly)

- Stannis: I really like the actor, he is great. Same goes for Davos.

- Drogon: yay

- Sams speech and Maester Aemon standing up for Jon

- Kevan - I really hope, he gets more to do this season, I like the actor very much.

Sam's speech worked incredibly well for the format of the show.

I thought the whole Lord Commander election was condensed quite well, showing the motivations of all the characters involved clearly enough.

The thread has been called positive nitpick for a couple years now opposite the negative nitpick thread.

So it's like antidisestablishmentarianism, which is kind of a pointless word - because antidisestablishmentarianism is just establismentarilism :D

My favorites were Shireen and Kevan in this episode. Also Lyanna Mormont's letter, a touch from the original text I wholly did not expect to ever get in the show. Brienne finding Sansa when it took a lot of her looking but never finding, and she still hasn't found her in the books, but Sansa turning her down. Rejected again!! Will she ever get to fulfill her oath? Only D&D know.

I been pretty lukewarm on show-Sam (not a bad character but people seem to love him and I never saw the big deal in previous episodes), but anyways, his speech was great and definitely a high point of the episode.

It was an excellent episode. What I like:

- Mereen: I can't believe what I am saying, but I'm actually excited about how things are playing out in Mereen. In a single episode they show us the whole conflict in this place( the tension between former slaves and former slavers, and Dany struggling to rule). I really like the Dany/ Barry conversation (finally a reference to the Mad King). The scene of the execution was beautifully filmed and acted, you could really feel the tension and Dany's difficult position. Finally, the wonderful scene between Dany and Drogon, I really like Emilia's acting in this scene, I felt her "mother of dragons" vibe.

- The Wall: Stannis and Jon make a great combo :lol:. It's true that the scenes about the "Winterfell offering" and The Lord Commander's election felt a little bit rush, but they were really good.

- "Winterfell offering": A well acted scene (Jon's face when he heard the offer, Kit is growing on the character). A bonus: Lyanna's letter (and a kind of childish handwriting)

- The Lord Commander's election: In a single scene they did a great job: Samwell came out of his shell and put Janos and Thorne in their places and he made a good case in favor of Jon as Lord Comander. And I absolutely love :love: that Maester Aemon's vote was the important one. I'm going to be so sad when he is gone. :crying:

- Library scene: Shireen's condition was a great way to introduce the Stone men that we will see in other episodes. Shireen is the sweetest girl, I don't want anything to happen to her, but the foreshadowing in this scene (Selyse's dialogue) was terrible.

Well, those were my favourite parts of this episode. I will talk about the rest in another post this one it's already big enough.

I liked that Dany actually listened to the tale about her father and his madness.

Jaime and Bronn are quite the duo.

I'm glad we're going to see more of Bronn. I like him with everyone. I did start to worry about Lollys' older sister.

I also loved Varys taking the place of whoever the fat yellow guy in Pentos is. Way to use the actors you've got!

I also love Shireen. As I said in another thread, I think she should open a school. Maybe she'll start reading the dragon books with Sam and discover the key to controlling dragons.

Archived